Pullman Bangkok King Power
US$373
US$297
Hotels.com
3,301 results
All reviewsvictory monumentthe executive loungeduty free shoppingtuk tukbts stationpillow menumain restaurantwelcome drinkswimming poolfree shuttledeluxe roombreakfast buffetgreat poolsuvarnabhumi airportshopping mallsiam paragonlate check

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2010

This is my second stay at the Pullman King Power in the last several months. The last couple of times I visited Bangkok in between I was recommended a couple of other hotels, and thought I may as well try them out. But, here I am back at the Pullman KP. Sure, it's not as close to central Bangkok, but this hotel has so much to offer, it's difficult not to still choose this hotel even though you're a few more BTS stops from all the main shopping and entertainment area.

What I've always loved about this hotel is that it's clean, it's new, the staff are so gracious, welcoming, and helpful the second you step out of your taxi, right to the personal escort to the room.

They have pretty much everything you need for a comfortable and enjoyable stay. A small yet well equipped gym, a good sized pool with lots of deck chairs beside it.....with a bar close by. There's a nice wine bar...which I only peeked into as I missed the Fish & Chip night.....a beautiful ground floor lounge with a live band for you to chill at in the evenings, and an excellent and delicious buffet spread you can go crazy at! The rooms are clean, well kept, well supplied with amenities, a mini bar/fridge, safe, free internet (no wifi in the rooms) and most importantly, the beds are very comfortable for a good and quiet night's sleep.

The BTS is about a 2 minute walk, but there is a shuttle service provided by the hotel that goes back and forth, but I'm not sure what time it ends. Not a problem though as the walk back to the hotel is pretty entertaining with all the street side stalls selling all kinds of comfort foods, snacks, fruits, deserts, etc. In case you get sick of hotel food for a while, there are quite a few small restaurants along this same road that you can have your breakfast, lunch, and dinner....it's a lot cheaper too. There's a little duck noodle shop here too which a friend of mine told me was really good!.....however, when I went to try it one day it was so packed I decided to pass....I'm not a huge fan of duck anyway, so not a big deal.

I don't think there's anything I can really complain about with this hotel, and I'm a very fussy person! The only thing that bothered me a bit....which I admit was my fault....was that I received a note under my door, from the management, about hanging clothing on the window. Yes, I'll admit I hate it when people do that, and I usually don't do it myself, but I had to dry my shirt fast, and it was a sunny day. It was only meant to be a quick hang and down it went. Unfortunately, I guess the housekeeper saw it and reported it to the management. What bothered me a bit was the tone of the note of the management made it sound like I was an elementary school kid being scolded by his teacher. And something the hotel may want to think about doing is not mentioning that their "image" is very important to them, as this implies that their image takes priority over their guests. Anyway, not a big deal. Just that the hotel may want to be a little more tactful on how they communicate these matters with their guests.

Otherwise, a fantastic hotel that I'll definitely be coming back to in a couple of months for a longer stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2010

One of the most favourite places I've stayed, excellent staff, rooms well prepared, clean and quiet. The staff were helpful and friendly and directed us to the room. The hotel location is within walking distance of all main sightseeing and restaurants and overall we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
An Accor traveller
Jakarta
Reviewed 30 October 2010

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Jakarta
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Good service, free internet that is needed for business traveller, great breakfast selection and quality.Shuttle service to the nearest BTS Victory of Monument.we can find food at the surrounding like cafe, restaurnat , food street vendors.Near to the Siam aragon area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business