“Lovely stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Canberra
“Lovely stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for an 8 night stay in Bangkok. Firstly, and as everyone mentions, the location is almost unbeatable. Just down the soi and you are on Sukhumvit at the foot of the BTS which can get you virtually everywhere (don't get taxis in BKK). The soi is quiet but perfectly Thai and a short walk around you will see heaps. The 7/11 next door to the hotel is super convenient.

For the hotel itself, check-in was easy and our room was very nice. The breakfast was actually great, saves a lot of time and money being able to eat a proper breakfast before a big day out exploring. Yes, it may have been repetitive but still so many options you can't really complain.

The only issue I had was when we were checking out, the doorman got one of the taxis that wait outside the hotel ready to take us to the airport. He asked where we were going and the taxi had its boot open and ready (even though we didn't ask for one). What annoyed me was that it was a fixed fare, which I only discovered because I asked, at 400 baht to Suvarnabhumi airport. Crazy. I said no way, meter only, and they refused. We walked down to Sukhumvit and someone was stepping out of a taxi at our soi and we jumped straight in - 220 baht to the airport on the meter. Literally half the price. I was just a bit annoyed that the doorman was working with the taxis to rip-off patrons of the hotel. If I didn't know about being wary of arranged taxis with tourists I wouldn't have thought twice. For visitors that may not be as cautious it's really unfair that they do this, making it seem like they are helping you out getting the taxi ready but charging you double the fare (when you can literally walk less than 100m to Sukhumvit and get a taxi with meter in a minute). Anyway, be a conscientious traveller! Besides this, the hotel was great.

Stayed June 2014.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank RubySaturday
Adelphisuites, Manager at Adelphi Suites Bangkok, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Ashleighprime,

Thank you very much for selecting Adelphi Suites as your choice of accommodation for your recent Bangkok trip. We glad you had a pleasant stayed and satisfied with our room and location.

We are delighted to see that you had given us the opportunity to improve our service by given the comment. We would like to offer our sincere apologies for any frustration that may have caused you during your last stay. Indeed your comments will be discussed on our operation meeting in order to review and provide an appropriate training to our staff to keep up their standard.

We do appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and therefore giving us an opportunity to improve. We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back, when your next visit in Bangkok.

Ms.Sabongkoch S.| Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location right next to Nana BTS station. The rooms are big, clean and very comfortable. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is very good in Monsoon restaurant, which also serves great food at other times. My only complaint was the Wifi in my room which was hopeless....maybe this varies from room to room. Overall a great stay and I would highly recommend Adelphi Suites as a great base for your Bangkok trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Gus G
Dear Gus G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Adelphi Suites. We glad you had a pleasant stayed and satisfied with our room and service

We delight to know that you like our location, room's facilities and service from our staffs. We do hope we will be able to make a best service for you and we look forward to the possibility of welcoming you again at Adelphi Suites.

Krefeld, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have stay here already many times and I always felt very comfortable during my stay. The Hotel Personal is very friendly and always ready to help. The Rooms (Suites) are clean and equipped with everything you might need. Wifi is free and fast. I would always recommend this cozy Hotel to all of my Friends without any hesitation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Günter K
Dear Guenter K.,

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our services to be helpful and useful. We appreciate all guest feedbacks and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve.

We hope you would stay with us again when you come to Bangkok.

Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed in July. Large spacious rooms, great value and service. The location was very nice too on a rood with restaurants and bars and not far from Nana metro station, nana plaza and ski cowboy. Didn't eat as the restaurant was too full at dinner which is a good sign. Would definitely go back if I was in Bangkok again.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
1 Thank Evickage
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is so close to Nana station where you can easily get around on sky train. The Monsoon restaurant serves a variety of food and we love to sit outside and watch the passing parade of people. There is always something happening. The rooms and bathroom are just about due for an update as they are looking a bit dated. Overall this hotel is conveniently located and I guess that's why we have stayed here the last 5 visits.
Love the attention to detail from all the staff, especially the door people who see you coming and make sure they open the door for you. The restaurant staff are very friendly and attentive.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank yvonne t
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was my third stay at Adelphi Suites and each visit has been very pleasant. This place offers excellent value for the cost. The rooms are large and clean and the location is perfect, with lots of good restaurants and night life close by and easy access to the BTS for getting around the city. Even though Sukhumvit is only a few steps away, the hotel is very peaceful and quiet at night. I stayed in an executive suite with kitchen facilities and a washing machine and dryer which were very convenient. Wi-Fi was included in the price, and there are a couple of computer terminals in the lobby for guests to use at no charge. The lobby restaurant, Monsoon, was also quite nice. I would not hesitate to book here again should I have the opportunity to return to Bangkok.

Room Tip: The executive suites include a washing machine/dryer which is very convenient for the humid Bangkok...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Is my third time staying at adelphi suite. A very good location and feel like home.
First time enchounter that my son 4 yrs old need to be charge for the breakfast which disappoint me. A kid dont eat much and i was charge for that. So i only have the breakfast on my first day throughout my four nights stay

• Stayed June 2014