Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
clacton57
Ramsgate, United Kingdom

Fabulous value in Bangkok

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Sept 2011
The Legacy Suites offer excellent standards for the amount we paid. This was our first trip to Bangkok and chose the Legacy because of its high ratings. We were not disappointed. Although classified as apartments, they offered the same as a hotel. We were able to take breakfast in the restaurant each morning. It also had a swimming pool. The service was excellent; the apartment (we upgraded) was huge, and as well as a queen sized bed, we had a fully functioning kitchenette (not that we used it other than for making tea and coffee). The bathroom boasted a fantastic shower. The standard of cleanliness was very high. The staff were very friendly and helpful helping us choose where and how to go. Being in the Sukhumvit area, meant that we were in one of the main shopping areas and not far from the sky train. As it was just off Sukhumvit itself, it was very quiet, yet only 50 metres from the main road.

SO if we go back to Bangkok, where would we stay - without a doubt Legacy Suites
Date of stay: September 2011
Room Tip: UP grade to a deluxe.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 20 Sept 2011
Dear clacton57,

We are honored that we have been part of your first trip to Bangkok. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write the wonderful review of our hotel.

We are delighted you had a great time while staying with us and also pleased that you found us great value for money.

Your comment about our high standard of cleanliness and excellent service is appreciated. Thank you for the recognition.

I wish you all the best for your future travels and looking forward to the day when we can welcome you once again.

Wirote
1.1 miles from Novotel Living Bangkok Sukhumvit Legacy
Restaurant
View more hotels in Bangkok
2,088 results
All reviews phrom phong washing machine swimming pool nice pool rooms are spacious main road min walk big room skytrain station early check street food sukhumvit taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I booked a deluxe room for about 2,200B a night and at 45 sq m, this room is probably the biggest hotel room I'll ever get to stay in without breaking the bank.

Other than the usual frills, the deluxe room comes with a microwave, full sized fridge, a small induction stove, cutlery, a small dining table, sofas and a lounge chair. The shower has a long bath although I didn't really need or use it. Nice touches too were the bathrobes and the room slippers. There is free wifi in the room although the connection was spotty on one day.

The bed was big and comfortable and the aircon temperature could be adjusted easily. The only issue I had was the TV. Some channels were very soft and the volume had to be turned up quite high for the programme to be heard.

Breakfast was delicious with a good spread and the wait staff attentive, although I wasn't too pleased to see one staff cleaning tables by flicking crumbs off the table and onto the floor with the tablecloth instead of wiping them up. In time and without proper cleaning of the floor, insects would probably be attracted to the food. The staff needs to realise that this is a cafe and not some road-side food stall.

The hotel is located smack between Asok and Prom Phong BTS station, so there is no distance saved by choosing to walk to either one. I clocked the distance (thanks to an iPhone odometer app) at 0.9km from the hotel entrance to the fare gates of both stations. Asok BTS is probably the better bet though if you are headed to the shops as it is nearer to the malls.

The hotel's service is good and prompt. Even when the check-in staff were busy, the bellhop made a conscious effort to serve, even if that wasn't his job to do it. Having said that, I felt that the service was less heartfelt than that at Silq Hotel (see my other review), although by no means were they gruff. I guess one could say that they were more professional and business-like.

Overall, the hotel is outstanding value if you're able to bear with the walking distance between the hotel and the BTS stations.

Room tip: Avoid eating at Suvarnabhumi Airport at all costs. The prices of food are a ripoff at 3 times the price of what you can get in the city. If you're departing and expect to be at the airport during meal times, buy a Subway sandwich (or similar) before you depart for the airport and hand-carry it past immigration.
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank SoloTravelr
Wirote, General Manager at Novotel Living Bangkok Sukhumvit Legacy, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Dear SoloTravelr,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review of our hotel. We are glad you like our room and facilities and had a wonderful experience during your stay.

We are also pleased that you found our restaurant staff are attentive, but regret for the staff who made you unsatisfied. Rest assured that we have shared your feedback to all of them and we really appreciated knowing that our guest wants to help us improve.

Thank you once again for your "gift of feedback." We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

I visit Bangkok on business and have stayed here 5 times in the last 2 months...and feel at home . It's a big change from staying in the usual large 5 star hotels..still have comfort, space , privacy and good internet. ..good value for the price.
Also walking distance to train station.
I have tried most styles of rooms and although slightly smaller I prefer rooms in Tower 2.
Will stay again on next trip in November .

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear NdeS21,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a nice review of your most recent stay in our hotel… and thank you for continuing to be a loyal guest of ours over past 2 months.

We are truly happy to not only meet your product and service expectations, but also to provide you value for the price you paid staying in our hotel.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit in November.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

Very nice rooms, quite big, very clean, with nice panorama views and lovely beds. Definatly well worth the price you pay for these rooms ! The only small thing that i didn't like was the air condition. No matter what you did with it, it was just freezing.

The only downlet was the service. When checking in i was told me they were overbooked and they would upgrade me to a better room. But that one wasn't ready yet (well, it was 7. p.m. already...). After 20 minutes of waiting (please wait 15 minutes), i kindly asked about my room and was told that its not ready yet. I should wait again. After waiting again for some minutes, i requested a room again. I think after 30 minutes or more (in this time i visited my travel partner in his room), i finally recieved a room card and was told to go in the tower on the other side. Nobody took care of my baggage or showed me to my room. I honestly don't need this other hotels and usually i politely decline, if somebody wants to take my backpack. But i always feel this is a nice touch and makes a good hotel. Not here... To save the day, i must add that they took care of my bags on the next day, when i had already checked out until the evening.

All in all, very nice rooms, service is just standard (at best).

P.S.: I didn't try the breakfast. My travel partner said it was nothing to write home about.

P.S.S.: To the nice hotel manager who is commenting on all reviews: I would definatly come again ! :)

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Wirote, General Manager at Novotel Living Bangkok Sukhumvit Legacy, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Dear 3d-razor,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review of our hotel. I am humbled by everything you have written and apologize for not meeting your expectations in some areas, but appreciate your understanding of the matter.

I printed a copy of your review and shared it with our Engineering, Front Desk and Concierge Staff. Please know that we truly value your feedback and consider them "gifts" to continuously improve our products and services.

Thank you once again for the P.S.S. to me. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance on your next visit to Bangkok.

gm@legacybangkok.com

Reviewed 1 September 2011

We're a family of 5 and we stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on our way to Australia. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The swimming pool is great and the kids loved it. Two disappointed things: The organisation of the transfer between the airport and the hotel. They messed this up both ways dispite written confirmation of the arrangements and a reminder on the day of departure. This made us late for our onward flight and we had just about enough time to check in on time. Aslo, we had requested adjacent rooms when we booked 9 months earlier and despite the fact this had been acknowledged, none were available when we arrived. Other than that, we would go again if the opportunity arose. Breakfast was included and was of good quality and sufficient amount. The fitness centre was basic but clean and well equipped. Good value for money. Recommended!

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Wirote, General Manager at Novotel Living Bangkok Sukhumvit Legacy, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Dear Gilles V,

Thank you for your very kind words and review of our hotel. Please also extend our gratitude to your family for choosing us for your stay in Bangkok.

I deeply apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations regarding the organization of transfer and the room assignment. Rest assured that we have shared your feedback to the staff concerned -- especially the Reservation Department, who sends their deepest apologies to you.

Your good points you wrote about our hotel are appreciated. We all hope to see you again next year and many more years to come.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

I visited legacy suites in Nov 2010 and stayed in the old wing. My stay was really enjoyable hence I stayed here again in Aug 2011. This time round, I got the new wing and also opted for a deluxe room. Overall, I'm a tad disappointed with the new wing. Firstly, I waited rather long to check-in when there wasnt much of a crowd at reception. The staff told me since I'm celebrating my anniversary, they are doing something special for my room, hence the wait. It was a sweet gesture and so I didnt say much. When we finally got into our room, we didnt see any special set-up or whatsoever. Even throughout our stay, there was nothing special planned in our room. So I really wonder what the staff was saying. Secondly, the bathroom was clogged up. Water took very long to drain. However, this was rectified the following day when we informed the concierge of the issue. Thirdly, the deluxe room we got seems smaller than the superior room I got in Nov 2010. I don't know if its my imagination but the sitting area and bathroom in the old wing seems much bigger than my deluxe room in the new wing. AND this is after upgrading to a deluxe room. I'm a bit perturbed on that. Fourthly, wifi was slow and unstable. Half the time I was without connection. Fifthly, check-out was equally slow. The staff Noon at reception seem a bit clueless with regards to the procedures and had to ask her fellow colleagues every step of the way. Even after I told her I was in a rush, she just kept smiling and did things at the same pace. I wonder if she understood me at all.

Breakfast was routine but decent. Service by Boy and Pin was good. They were very helpful and initiative.

For me, Legacy suites has disappointed me but it is still a value for money hotel.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank SFMQ

Dear SFMQ,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review of our hotel and for the second stay with us last month. I apologize that this time around we were not able to meet your expectations in some areas.

Please accept our sincere apologies that there was not any special arrangement for your wedding anniversary in your room but only flowers in vase. There was a communication breakdown and our housekeeping department provided the different type of arrangement for you. We are truly sorry for your disappointment.

All the problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of all concerned and we embrace them with open arms and learn from them. They keep us on our feet and ensure continuous improvement of our product and service delivery.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback that has enabled us to better ourselves and to give you the services you have come to expect. We look forward to have you with us again soon.