“En Route to Koh Samui”

Legacy Suites Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #77 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I booked the Legacy Suites as we were spending 3 days in Bangkok. The prices were reasonably the rooms are extremely big the bed you can easily get lost in very clean the staff were very friendly the concierge Pom was most helpful. Breakfasts were so filling you didn't need anything to eat until late in the afternoon, I left my iPod touch outside the hotel and didn't even miss it until a member of staff brought it to my room how honest is that? The location was perfect easy access to sky train, shopping oh gosh could have stayed the malls all say. Taxis are outside the hotel ask the Concierge for Max he drives a purple taxi he is the best his English is good and took us all around Bangkok . Max we love you and think you are simply the best.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the pool on the 7th floor and my friend had a room facing the back of the hotel...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debbiesealey

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights with friends and we booked on an early bird special through the Hotel's website. Easy to book.
2 days before we were due to arrive, we booked our airport transfers with them on their website and we were met at the airport promptly.
Check-in was smooth and Reception staff were friendly. Concierge was helpful and very courteous - asking us everyday on our way out what we were doing so they could help us with directions and give us advice.
Room was HUGE - it has a kitchenette as well! Our bathroom had a separate shower, and bathtub. Toilet flushed really well - a very valued hotel room facility in Thailand!
The bed is a King bed and it is so comfortable, that some days I debated if I should stay in bed and chill, or explore Bangkok. I was only there for 3 nights so I had to make the most of it - so I was out most of the time! Room was also quiet given that the hotel is surrounded by so many skyscrapers and traffic.
Breakfast buffet was excellent - great selection of hot and cold food.
The hotel is also very close to the BTS and MRT - about 5 minutes walking distance. Taking this mode of public transport meant we cut out a lot of time waiting in traffic going to places like MBK Shopping Centre, Siam Central and Chatuchak Markets.
You can also walk to Terminal 21 from the Hotel - about 10 minutes. Soi Cowboy is also walking distance of 10 minutes if you're into that kind of nightlife.
Swimming pool is fabulous but it rained a lot while we were there so we only used it once. Big sized pools but again, they could do with a few more lounge chairs.
I would stay here again if I'm ever in the Sukhumvit area and would also recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Last month, my wife and I spent 2 nights here and we rally enjoyed it. All of staffs were very friendly and helpful, they made my stay better and forgot about Bangkok traffic. The hotel was very clean. Our room was spacious with a big bathroom that made my wife really happy. Price was reasonable. Legacy Suites was our perfect choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Really amazing and friendly place to stay. The hotel is really well kept. I along with my wifey n daughter stayed here during the month of July. the room was spacious, clean n well done up. the bathroom was clean n spacious. My daughter really liked the swimming pool, which is good for the adults alike. only thing lacking was variety in the breakfast and they charge extra for even a five year old (i mean how much can a five year old eat early in the morning) but that's not a deal breaker. good connectivity with skytrain (a bit of walking though about ten mins).overall a wonderful experience and a value for money. Thanks Legacy suites ppl

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Raman Y
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Really thumbs up for the services. Visited Legacy Suite in Sept 2012. Receptionists were courteously helpful and polite. I booked the room with one king-sized bed, Studio suite(if I rmb correctly). Room was very spacious and was the whole room was tidied up everyday during our trip even though I only asked for the bed linen to be cleaned.(: Facilities were very well-equipped with personal kitchen. :D With a cheap rate and awesome service, we even got daily breakfast everyday! Walking out to the main road about 100 metres away has an authentic Thai massage shop. What else can I say more? My bf and I simply love this hotel! :D

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeanzlt
Reviewed 25 September 2012

the hotel is good. the room was a bit small but if you are here for a short stop over of less than 48 hours then its fine for the price. its far from all the shopping malls and tourist spots. The hotel is situated at down town. It takes around an hour to reach from the airport to the hotel. The best place for people who are visiting Bangkok for shopping (electronics, clothes etc) try to stay near indira market, computer market, mbk shopping mall. all these malls are close to each other but the hotel is around 30-40 minutes far. Its very difficult to get a tuk - tuk or cab to go back to hotel. You have to bargain. The best rate from the hotel to the shopping area is 70-80 bht each way. There are a few indian restaurants near the hotel but its not worth giving a try. You will find good indian restaurants run by indian family near the baiyoke sky hotel.

Room Tip: do not go for the single room coz the view from the room is horrible. ask for rooms in the new tower
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MSha81
Wirote, General Manager at Legacy Suites Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Dear MSha81,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in our hotel. I apologize that our location did not meet your expectations.

It is important to us and our business to receive all positive and constructive feedback from our guests such as yours.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and hope to see you again in the future.

Warm regards,

Wirote Ongzine
General Manger

Reviewed 24 September 2012

My husband and I stayed there for 12 days in August-wonderful experience! We stayed in the new Tower and our room had a kitchen , bathtub , daily maid service and our rate included a full breakfast! Our room was super quiet and so convenient to Skytrain ,Metro, Terminal 21 and restaurants...Fitness Room was great and so was the pool! We loved being able to quickly enter the Tower and be in our room in a matter of minutes. We visited some other hotels there just to check them out and were soooo happy we chose Legacy Suites!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple