“No complaints”

Legacy Suites Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #77 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights at the beginning of our 2 week honeymoon. Good location, about a 10 minute walk to Asok BTS station. Room was spacious with clean bathroom. Ground floor pool was nice & my partner said the gym was good. Breakfast was the only disappointment. Make sure you have breakfast at "Chillz" rather then the Japanese restaurant. We only made that mistake once! Chillz is much better set up, more variety & attentive staff. Overall a satisfactory stay from a above average hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,745)

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Location: Excellent location, 1 block away from the Sukhumvit avenue, and right in the middle of Asok and Phrom Phong BTS stations. There are many chain hotels nearby, like the Sofitel, Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, Sheraton, etc. Meaning, it's a very touristic area, so you will have no problem in finding all sorts of international restaurants nearby that suit your gastronomic needs. By BTS, it's only a few stops away from Siam where you can walk around Central World (do try Kalpapruek thai restaurant on the 7th floor), Siam Paragon, and Siam Square.

Staff: The hotel staff will answer your inquiries and help you out; don't expect for them to go out of their way to meet your needs, they will stick to what is strictly necessary. For my birthday, I had some flowers sent to me from abroad and when asking for a flower vase I had to call multiple times during the day because they wouldn't bring one. I expected the hotel to send a congratulations card or anything of the sort, but they did not, even after my father told the concierge that it was my birthday. We had a terrible experience with the WiFi, even when we decided to reduce the number of mobile devices in the room. We asked the staff in multiple instances to help us out, and they always took forever to come, and when they did the problem was solved for 5 minutes and then we were confronted with no internet once again. We had to resort multiple times to using the WiFi from the lobby.

Breakfast: Average buffet. I asked the woman who prepared the eggs, to have some scrambled with no toppings and when one of the waiters came back with them, they had ham. I asked him if it was possible to have them cooked with no ham since I don't eat red meat. The woman was quite upset and removed one visible piece off the plate and handed it back to the waiter.There is no cheese and the waffles and muffins are not fresh.When asking a waiter if they had fresh waffles, because the ones in the basket were hard, he went inside the kitchen and 2 minutes later came out with hard pieces of waffles once again. Very disappointing.

Room: Incredibly equipped with a kitchenette, flat screen TV, desk, and comfortable beds. The bathroom is spacious and they provide all sorts of toiletries.

Although the hotel has everything that it takes to be excellent, the staff's not so positive attitude and poor WiFi connection make it in overall quite average. Personally, I will try a different hotel next time I visit Bangkok. I have heard that the Bourbon Street Boutique Hotel, 2 BTS stops away from the Legacy Suites is much less expensive and that the staff and overall experience from a friend was excellent.

1  Thank NofSE
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This was our First Hotel of our 8 days Trip to Thailand and found it to be more than we expected. Spacious clean rooms with good wifi facility. We had a nice stay at this Hotel. The staff at restaurant hardly speaks any English and had small problem during breakfast time. Also the staff at reception is quite friendly but not very professional.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The check-in process was not satisfatory as the lady called Da was not very helpful. Her attitude was not good either. We didn't have good impresession about the hotel on arrival.
However, in the next two days, we got a lot of help from another friendly staff members. They are Keng at the reception and Pom at the concierage. Keng was very helpful and informative. She always has a smile on her face. Pom is wonderful as he gave us a lot of information about eating, massage and transport! Thanks to you two.
The hotel is very new and clean. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. However, as expected, breakfast is of quite poor quality. There is no loss if you want to miss breakfast and get more sleep.
On the whole, this hotel really worth visiting. We will surely come back again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the new wing and could use the washing machine. So if you want to have all your dirty c...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Staff was very nice and helpful. They really tried to help you. Room was nice. Pool and gym were also great. At pool there could be more sunbeds. There is wifi in rooms and public area.

It takes about 5-10 minutes to walk to Sukhumvit and Asoke stations. I would like to go this hotel again!

2  Thank Jani H
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I am very satisfied and happy for having stayed in this hotel for 4D3N. The room was so nice, spacious and modern. The staffs are helpful and friendly especially POM. We will surely be staying here again in our next trip. The amenities and facilities are great. The room design with its appliances, cabinets etc. are really fantastic.

Room Tip: Choose the new tower experience, its wonderful.
1  Thank Jhun C
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The hotel is clean, rooms spacious, and the facillities great. The staff were always friendly,helpful and charming ( especially Pom and Tan, although all the staff are a credit to the hotel) nothing was to much trouble. I was lucky enough to have my birthday in Bangkok while staying at the Legacy suites, the hotel staff brought me a birthday cake and they sang "Happy birthday" ( a totally unexpected treat). As my husband and I were busy exploring we did not make use of the pool or the gym, I must say the pool looked very inviting and quite a good size.
The Sky train was a little bit of a walk to get to but my husband and I are both in our fifties and we managed it easily.
I only discovered their little lending library on our last day, too late to read a book; I only mention it for other book worms to know its there.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple