“Wonderful stay”

Legacy Suites Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #82 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I originally booked only 2 nights at the hotel out of 5 nights in Bangkok in order to check it out. If dissatisfied then I can switch easily to another hotel. After staying at the hotel, I liked it so much that I booked the remaining nights.

The hotel is in a central location and about 5-10 minutes walk to the metro/sky train.

Service at the hotel was outstanding with a personal touch. I received great service from both the front desk and bellboy. Their names are Kannika and Chok.

I stayed at the Premium suite in the newer building and found the room amazing and large. Special attention given to details and decor. This room has everything you need (they even provide you in the rooms with toothbrush, toothpaste, and shaving razor/cream in case you need...this just to mention a few of the items provided).

Wifi worked excellent in the room.

The only thing that could use some improvement is the variety of selection during breakfast. Although delicious, variety is missing and found myself eating daily the same dish.

Overall, I highly recommend of this place.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yuval-IL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Limbang, Sarawak, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed with friends from several days. The room was big and clean. Reception was friendly. Breakfast was ok. Location wise was in a small lane off the main road. Even though it was only 7 minutes from the train station, did not enjoy walking along the dusty streets and the jam was terrible by car.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Kagoshima, Japan
Reviewed 1 October 2013

When we checked in and ask a reception about souvenir shops, they try to take us to the jewelry gems. We (early 20's couple) have traveled for 3 weeks in South east asia and it was the first time we use a hotel, so we are disappointed about this because we expected a hotel not to talk about scam shops. And even after we declined to go there, the boy still try to take us on the next day and 3rd day... But except this, I'd have to say it was a really great staying! All of staff in the hotel (including EVERYONE) is really nice to us, always keep smiling, speak good English, look after us very well.The breakfast was awesome. The best story was they called taxi for us around 18pm to the airport, and the taxi which they called did really good job. As you know 18pm in Bangkok has heavy traffic jam, but the taxi driver somehow arrived within 1hour and he doesn't received even airport surcharge, which means it costed only 200THB and it was absolutely comfortable and cheap journey compare to BTS and Airport link. Now we both leave Bangkok but I've already missed their warm hospitality. This is definitely worth for money. I'll definitely use again for next time!!!

お土産屋さんの場所を聞いたらジュエリージェムに連れて行かれそうになり、その辺はやはりタイかと落ち込みましたが、それ以外は大変素敵な時間を過ごすことができました。暖かいホスピタリティ、美味しい朝食、手配されたタクシーは200THB程で空港へ連れてってくれる、部屋のバスタブは大きい、全てが最高でした。 次バンコクへ滞在するときには必ずリピです。

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank timpani
Wanaka, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here after much research and looking at reviews online. We were not disappointed. We stayed in the new tower. Our room was awesome and huge! I think it was a superior premium. Bathroom was lovely too, lots of tv Chanel's too. Pool area was lovely although not much sun while we were there. The breakfast buffet was awesome too. Manly all the staff were lovely. Especially Choke and Boy I think there names were? Anyway highly recommend and sky train and subway just down the road.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank UrbanG_12
Kingscliff, Australia
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We chose this hotel for our family based on other reviews from this website. Unfortunately, like other reviewers, we have found this high rating to be inaccurate and we are disappointed with our overall experience at Legacy Suites.

Positive: The legacy suite is large, very clean, modern and good for a family. The washer/dryer was very useful. The pool are is very clean and inviting. Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Negatives: The view from our living room was a blank brick wall. Access to the hotel from Sukhumvit road is down a narrow and busy lane way. If you have smaller children this is very unsafe. The lane way isn't busy but traffic is constant and fast paced. There are very few facilities on this side of Sukhumvit road and crossing to the other side is quite dangerous. We had an issue with breakfast regarding the charge for children. During the online booking process we were prompted to purchase additional breakfasts for children aged 6-11 years. Staff then attempted to charge our 5 year old for breakfast. This issue was eventually resolved but not before some rude and confronting treatment from staff. In our experience staff are friendly until confronted with an issue. The staff have no ability to resolve or recover problems without calling or running back and forward to a Manager, whom does not come forward to deal with issues personally. Regarding customer service there is no polish or professionalism. The pool closes at 6pm. Access to the pool is through the lobby area.

Recommendation: Our experience is contrary to many positive reviews on this website. I do not wish to disrespect the views of other guests, however, will will not return to the legacy suites.
There are too many good choices of trusted brand hotels in the area. I recommend staying on the other side of Sukhumvit road (Soi's with even no's: 20,22 & 24 are good). There are more food, shopping and drinking options, 7/11's, street stalls, massage etc.
In my opinion this property has a long way to go in regard to customer service. I wish the legacy suites well and I hope that things get better with experience, however, I will not let Legacy suites gain this experience at the expense of my families valuable vacation time. Choose wisely.....

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Brent P
Chittagong City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 21 September 2013

LEGACY SUITE......
I stayed in this room its best..it comes with one kitchen equipped with everything... then one living room ... one dining room....one toilet with two facilities for shower and jacuzzi.... one bedroom with swimming pool view..and one tv room with sofas and all...man just awesome.

I just loved my stay in this hotel...the staff are too good to be true.. its just awesome...the restaurant is awesome...the food is great ..the breakfast is awesome.....everytime from now when i will be in thailand i will just stay there..its just best......i loved my stay in this place.

Only one thing they need to fix. FIX UR WIFII service modem in the room its most of the time out of order for some reason just try to fix it . rest of all the service is just awesome.

Room Tip: Just choose the most expensive room its the best.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

I booked two nights at Legacy Suites in mid September 2013 for $100AUD per night. I understand there are two sections in this hotel, the first is the older tower which has good sized rooms and the second is the new tower which also has excellent sized rooms. I booked the Supreme Delux room which is locate in the newer tower. The legacy exceeded my expectations on all fronts. It's location is excellent, located 10 mins stroll to the BTS sky rail, Terminal 21 Shopping Mall, The Go Go Bar strip features in the movie The Hang Over 2 and a range of restaurants and convenience stores. It's the ideal location to catch the Train to from the airport also. The staff and service are excellent. Boy, an attendant at the hotel sat down and spent a good 5-10 mins providing me with a run down of what was nearby and answered all my questions when he showed me my room. Rooms and facilities are brilliant and will not disappoint. I had breakfast and room service dinner which were both excellent. I also received free WiFi which worked excellent for the duration of the stay. Overall this hotel is 5 star in my book and one of the highlights of my South East Asian trip.

• Stayed September 2013