“Clean and Close to Terminal 21”

Legacy Suites Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #81 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“Clean and Close to Terminal 21”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed for a long weekend in August with a friend

The location is good and easy to get to. We printed the address in Thai so had no issues. Taxi ride form DM airport was $170 + 50 = $220 – be careful – I gave the taxi driver 300 and he tried not to give me change. He eventually gave me 20baht change, I waited, he gave me another 20 and then I gave up.

Staff are excellent and very attentive. The room was very big, very clean (not sure if we were new or old tower – we were in the one with reception)

5-7 minute walk to Asoke station and Terminal 21. The massage place on the corner is good value.

Breakfast was just ok - went second morning at 9am and the food wasn't refreshed so pancakes, potatoes etc., were cold. Egg station was good though.

The towels and the bedding always seemed to be damp - even the ones they gave us for the pool. I live in a humid country and never have these problems. Feels like they were never dried properly The aircon was quite noisy and wouldn’t stay at the adjusted temperate we picked so was a little cold at night.

All in all a good place to stay and was happy with the price and would recommend

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Nondanig, Front Office Manager at Legacy Suites Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Raelene C,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us a great review. It is of great delight to have learnt that you enjoy the hotel overall.

I sincerely apologize on what you have experienced at the breakfast, the damp towels and poor air-condition system you have encountered. Your feed back is of great value to us as it highlights the product and service at which we can improve. This will sure be circulated to all concerned for improvement.

I have also conveyed your compliment to the staffs as a reward to their hard effort in delivering the best service to our guests and they are all delighted.

Thank you once again for your contribution and for recommending us on Trip Advisor. If there is anything I can assist for your next trip to Bangkok, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Nondanig Norasedhsiri
Assistant Front Office Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I was thrilled we decided to stay at the Legacy Suites. We paid for an upgrade for the "new tower" experience and were in a huge, and modern junior suite. The kitchenette was great to store snacks, and the room was spacious enough for working or relaxing. The brand new bathroom was huge - with a fantastic Jacuzzi tub and nice shower.

The hotel gets 5 stars because of the staff. We had some unusual requests which the staff happily accommodated. The location is also great - right in the heart of Sukhumvit with plenty of bars and restaurants nearby. I would stay here again next time in Bangkok.

Room Tip: It was worthwhile to pay extra for the "new tower experience"
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yid_Kanadee
Nondanig, Front Office Manager at Legacy Suites Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Albertan_in_America,

Thank you very much for taking time to write for us a great review following your recent stay at our property. I am more than delighted to learn that our room and facilities we provide has met you expectation.

Here, our staffs are encouraged to go out of their way to accommodate every requests made by our valued guests. Your feedback is reflective of high standard service we strive to provide and it is great to know of what we have achieved. I will address your comment to the team as a reward to their hard effort.

Thank you once again for your review and if I could be of assistance for your next visit, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Australia
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Our rooms were clean and very comfortable. The facilities in the hotel are nice but simple. The staff were very polite and friendly.
The surrounding areas were nice and quiet but still things to do and not far to go to catch the train to go further into the city.
I was annoyed at the fact that we had to pay a decent amount of money because we stained one of the bathroom hand towels we had to use to clean the kitchen after cutting up some fruit as there was not kitchen cloth provided. I thought it put a bit of a negative spin on our stay.
The place was very difficult to find. Our driver was unable to locate it so we had to drive to a hospital and use their computers to get further driving details. Make sure you have to exact address, name and phone number written down to give your driver.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AussieJessie
Dear AussieJessie,

Thank you very much for leaving us a review of your latest stay at our property. I am delighted to hear that you found our room clean and comfortable. My team is also rejoiced to see that their good performance had been added to Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear about the towel issue. It will surely be brought to our attention and I hope that this will not put you off from staying with us again.

Thank you once again for your feedback and if I could be of assistance for your next visit to Bangkok, please feel free to contact me.

fom@legacybangkok.com
Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Arriving early afternoon, we had booked two rooms and were surprised, but delighted, to be upgraded to a suite with an adjoining interconnecting studio apartment – perfect for 3 adults travelling together.

The rooms were fantastic – spacious, well designed and with everything you could possibly need for a comfortable stay. We had been travelling for a couple of weeks and needed to do some washing. The suite came with a washing machine/dryer so as we had a couple of days in Bangkok, we were able to catch up on the washing before moving on. The self-contained kitchen/dining/living area was well equipped, the bathroom impeccable; and the bed – very comfortable!

Wifi was included in our room, however we did have a few problems with connecting (and staying connected). The staff were very helpful and provided additional hardware to alleviate the problem – which was very much appreciated.

Breakfast was in the restaurant adjacent the pool and, although the selection was small, there was something for everyone. The restaurant staff were very friendly and efficient, as were the concierge and front of house staff. The pool area is fantastic – with different areas for swimming and relaxing.

Location wise, it’s about a 10-15 minute walk to the nearest train station (Phrom Phong), but there are plenty of tuk tuks and taxi to get you around if you don’t wish to walk.

Overall, our stay was fantastic and we would recommend this hotel for all travellers, but especially to families who like the extra space of an apartment with the services of a hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SuziQ68
Dear SuziQ68,

Thank you so much for such a great review you wrote for us on Trip Advisor. It is informative and I truly believe that this is very much helpful for those who look for a great place to stay.

It is with extensive pleasure to have learnt that your stay was fantastic and you enjoyed all facilities we provided. Your compliment will be conveyed to the team and, to the restaurant crews and front desk agents in particular who have delivered the best service so far to make your stay quite a memorable one.

I am more than thankful that you would recommend our hotel to everyone and am looking forward to welcoming you again before long.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have stayed 1 night in this hotel before flying back home. I went by the recommendations on TripAdvisor and my experience was very good. The hotel is very central, modern and the staff is excellent ! Book through Expedia and you get a great deal !

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor room for a great view !
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Nondanig, Front Office Manager at Legacy Suites Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Rodica N,

Thank you very much for your positive review following your recent stay at the Legacy Suite Bangkok.

Here at our property, we strive to provide high standard service to our guests and it is delighted to receive feedback on how we are doing.

Thank you once again for rating us with top marks and if I could be of assistance on your next visit to Bangkok, please feel free to let me know.

Looking forward to serving you again in the not too distant future.

Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is one of the best hotel. Staff is very friendly and very helpful. hotel is very close to metro and BTS station. This hotel is nice and clean. Beautiful room with kitchen amunties .we r very impressed by this hotel and hotel staff name is RAINBOW, DADA, NANG and NOA . Thanks to every one.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear indy1702,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review and for ranking your experience at our hotel with 5 Stars.

I am more than delighted to hear that you were pleased with the hotel overall. You are right that we are located in between 2 sky train stations, and also the metro station is just a stone-throw away. This makes travelling around Bangkok just a piece of cake. The room is functionally equipped with kitchenette that you can cook small meal for your holiday siesta.

I have also passed this comment to Dada, Noa, Rainbow and Nang, who appear to have made your stay a memorable one. It is such a reward and they are all rejoiced.

Thank you once again for your great feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you again in the nearest future.

Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The staff were exceptional,the location was wonderful. Buffett breakfast is really good and relaxing . The dinner is of pure quality .
The bathroom facilities need attention but were working, otherwise we couldn't fault the hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear master n,

Thank you very much for leaving us a kind comment following your recent stay at our property. I am profusely delighted to learn that you were satisfied with the hotel overall.

Your feedback is important to us as it highlights product at which we can improve, regarding the bathroom facilities that you mentioned, it would be great if you can give me some more detail at fom@legacybangkok.com . I will forward it to all concerned in order to pay full attention.

Thank you once again for your great contribution and I am looking forward to serving you again on your next visit.