“Room 411 Huge, Quiet, Excellent Value”

Legacy Suites Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #78 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Booked through Legacys own web page and got an excellent price of under 2400 Baht a night for B+B this price was the same as booking through lastminute or any of the other hotel booking web pages.
Was very impressed by the size and also features of the room which you can see in the photos attached.
There is a bit of construction going on around the the hotel but it never disturbed our sleep in any of the 7 nights that we stayed their. Even when we slept through to mid day we never heard a thing.
The building next to the pool under construction is covered by sheeting so that it stops dust and the workers looking down on you a nice touch.
The staff are very efficent and proffesional they are a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Legacy Suites Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality

Reviewed 7 October 2010

My wife and I stopped over in Bankok for 10 nights on our way back to the UK, having spent 2 months in rural Australia visiting family. All the travel agents in the UK advised us to split our time in Thailand between the City and the Beach saying 10 nights in Bankok would be to long, so in the end to get what we wanted we used TripAdvisor to select our Hotel and booked with them directly. We ended up having a fantastic stay at the Legacy Suites, it lived up to all it's 5 * reviews. Their attention to detail was first class and nothing was too much trouble. They even gave my wife a cake with candles on her Birthday. If we stop over in Thailand again the Legacy Suites will be my first choice

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2010

My wife and I had a wonderful 3 nts stay at the Legacy Suites, after a long flight check in was quick and efficient. We stayed in a deluxe suite and found the room to be clean and spacious, with an excellent bathroom (Bath and separate shower) The location is good for the metro / skytrain both only a few minutes walk, the bar areas of Cowboy, Soi 33 and 22 are all walking distance and the area has an abundance of restaurants of many cuisines. The staff at the hotel were most helpful, I use a wheelchair and after the first night I found they had constructed a couple of ramps to make life easier, that's a first for me in any hotel. Downsides ? Probably the breakfast, as in many hotels in Asia they can't quite get an European breakfast right but nothing too bad.
All in all a great place to stay in Bangkok

Duncan & Lek

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2010

In summary this was my 9th visit to BKK and was by far the best hotel I have stayed. I am usually conservative when choosing hotels; I don't like to splash too much cash for a place when most of the time I'm out and about on holiday, and don't want to pay for things that I'm not going to use. But this time around I spent a bit more than what I usually pay for accommodation, but was not left disappointed. The rooms were spacious and felt like being at home. The staff were helpful, spoke good english and with the usual Thai hospitality that we've all become accustom to. Playing tennis on the rooftop is a memory that sticks into my mind, with its awesome views, and the restaurant downstairs serves up some good Japanese dishes. Overall, it's perfect for anyone who's staying at BKK whether it be couples or family. Legacy Suites oozes coolness and elegance.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We actually booked our stay here for 2 months, august and september, it was a marvelous surprise as we were looked after with love, and felt very much at home...this was particularly important as we were staying this length to give birth to our baby boy Michael at the nearby samitijev birthing hospital on sukhumvit, also a marvelous experience adding to our wonderful stay, the staff had become an extension of our family and as we depended on them they delivered on all our needs without failure.
we now feel we have a great place to stay that stands out from just a square hotel room, with great fare prices and friends to see again.
Thank you to all the Legacy Suites staff
your friends
Tammy, Chris , baby Michael

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tamathaNH
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I am going to keep this short and sweet. I stayed at the Legacy again for two days late September 2010. I was traveling for business and everything was excellent! Front desk staff was very helpful and professional, internet worked fine, the room was very clean and as always well equipped and large. I asked and received a late check out. I am staying in BKK about 8 – 10 times a year and tried a few other options lately but none could match the Legacy when price, amenities, location and service are taken into account. And I am VERY critical.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2010

This was a perfectly pleasant hotel which was spoiled by the fact it heavily promotes "free tours" with the implication that they are funded by the hotel. The tours are in fact run by a gem factory. We chose the grand palace tour and were very impressed at first - our guide was knowledgable and friendly. However, once the tour is over and you think you are on your way back to the hotel, they advise there is one more 'compulsory' stop. This is a gem factory where you will be subject to pressure sales. We refused to watch the video or be taken through the store, instead heading straight to the bar. Once they realised we would not be participating in anything gem-related, they pointed us to the minibus for our area. A couple of girls on our tour were not so lucky - they were held captive for HOURS, with the high pressure sales and they were quite distressed when we saw them the next morning, especially as they only had a few days in Bangkok and had wasted a full one there.

That said, you could do the tour and then tell them you will make your own way home at the end of it, or you can be cheeky and go to the store but then head straight for the complimentary drinks at the bar and refuse to talk to anyone.

The staff at the hotel were very pleasant, but a little too in your face (I don't need to be greeted by 5 people from the door to the lift). The pool is nice and the rooms are very large and comfortable. Breakfast is perfectly adequate.

Were it not for the implicit support of the scam, I would have rated this a 3 or 4, so I do recommend the hotel, provided you go in fully aware of the scam.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends