“New experience ”

Cuisines: Asian, European
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Khlong Toei
Description: Prepare yourself for a dining experience like no other. We invite you to step out of your comfort zone at Dine in the Dark (DID). Designed to raise awareness about blindness and raise funds for a local charity, DID is an extraordinary culinary evening where you order your choice four-course set dinners, Asian, Western, vegetarian, or a special surprise menu served and eaten in total darkness. Diners can also choose menu to be complemented with wines or cocktails to enhance your gourmet evening. DID allows you to get in touch with all your senses – except one. During this journey of taste, sound and touch, you will discover that not only is the cuisine and wine enhanced, but you will also gain an understanding of what the blind experience throughout their lives. Dare you step out of your comfort zone and experience Dine in the Dark? Switch off the lights and turn on your senses at Dine in the Dark.
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

I came to know about the restaurant through Trip advisor and I decided to go along with my family so I did my reservation on line ( I highly recommend that) at the beginning I thought it want be different from any other restaurants but I was totally wrong it's the first time of my life I eat in a complete darkness and who serve u r blinds
It was a wonderful experience we enjoyed it the only draw back in this place is the info about the dress code they tell u something and the reality is different
Regarding the price it's in the range of $ 75 to $ 80 per person

2  Thank abduladheema
GMSGS, General Manager at DID - Dine in the Dark, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Dear Abduladheem A,

Thank you very much for choosing to dine with us at Dine in the Dark and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It gives me great pleasure to read that you had enjoyed your dining experience in total darkness. Your compliments had been shared with our team and they were all delighted to know that they had been able to be a part of creating a memorable dining experience for you. We all look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Richard Chapman

Write a reviewReviews (1,197)

Reviewed 21 July 2016

This is a place for experience, not foods. Eat in blind has levitate your taste buds. Service is great.

Review collected in partnership with EZTABLE.com
1  Thank QLam

Dear QLam,

Thank you very much for choosing to join us at Dine in the Dark.

I was happy to hear that you had enjoyed the experience in the total darkness. Your kind words regarding the service will definitely be shared with our team and I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

I really enjoyed the experience. Our superb waiter told me they will soon make another around Sathorn area. I cant wait to try it.

2  Thank elevatorshoes

Dear elevatorshoes,

Thank you very much for joining us at Dine in the Dark and for the time that you had taken to share your feedback with us.

I was delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your experience here with us. Regard to the location of Dine in the Dark, it's used to located in Sathorn area before move to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

What an awesome experience. Good food really good service from a visually impaired man. Gives you a new perception on food.

2  Thank Discover523427
GMSGS, General Manager at DID - Dine in the Dark, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Dear Reviewer,

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Very interesting evening and you realize how much one depends on their sight rather than taste buds to figure things out! Wonderful staff, very well organized and great food too! I would highly recommend this to friends as a fun evening out! Very surprised in the end to see the actual dishes etc!

Date of visit: June 2016
Review collected in partnership with EZTABLE.com
2  Thank rakheec2014
GMSGS, General Manager at DID - Dine in the Dark, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Dear rakhee c,

Thank you very much for joining us at Dine in the Dark and for the time that you had taken to share your experience with us.

It gives me great pleasure to read that you had enjoyed the dining experience in the dark and that it had created a new experience for you. Your compliments had been shared with our team and we look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back soon.