“Big room, good city location, somewhat noisy”

Fraser Suites Sukhumvit
Ranked #73 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 7 July 2013

First time I stayed in this hotel. For the price paid very reasonable considering the location. The room was on the 7th floor, clean and specious - bath room, bed room, living area. Room design is a bit outdated but as stated clean and functional and for the price well worth the money. Breakfast Buffet is OK but not outstanding - serves the purpose. First morning I showed up at 6am for the breakfast and got the staff a bit off-guard. Nevertheless they tried they very best to serve me and get everything going.
Location is great - walking distance to the sky train - about 5 to 7 min
Plenty of bars and restaurants in walking distance and here comes your noise in. If your are sensitive to at night get ready for a treat the music will start fading down around 3am. Personally it did not bother me to much but being jet lag and waking up in the night it was prevalent. Earplugs will do :)

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank IQeye
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear IQeye,

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review. We are glad you enjoyed the location, spacious room layout. We are glad to mention about the breakfast not being set up right at 6:00am which we have spoken to the team to make sure everything is set up for our early rising guests.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

The management needs to wake up and get their house in order. With a good concept and excellent location..sorry to say the rooms had cockroaches.. Furthermore, if you happen to be staying in the higher floors...27th and above and that too on a weekend.. please do not complain about the loud music.. it is probably coming from "Above Eleven"... it is a pity that the hotel does not care about the residents.. The breakfast spread was pretty average and the only good thing about the property start's from the gate to the entry of the hotel...i.e. the security staff manning the gates and ushers, the tuk tuk drivers.. they are doing a great job... to sum it up.. am not going back to Fraser Suites...

Room Tip: If you happen to choose a weekend and wish to retire by 12:30 or 1 AM, then please do not take floor...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear Golds72,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read that you did enjoy our location, front staff, security and gave such a nice review on Tripadvisor about Above Eleven in the restaurant section. However, I am disappointed to hear about finding a cockroach in your room. We have a very comprehensive preventative plan we carry out each month.

As far as the loud music you heard during the weekend I am afraid it is coming from a nearby hotel on Soi 11. They are playing very loud deep base near street level and the sound bounces to our upper floors. Above Eleven does have certain sound proofing and bounced upwards above the hotel itself.

Thank you for mentioning your feedback and I will be sure to have a briefing with my team to make sure we improve upon our shortcomings.

We hope to see you again at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit and if not please do visit us again at Above Eleven.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

This is the place to stay if you have any interest in the bkk nightlife - surrounded by top clubs this is by far my favorite destination in BKK - yeah the mandarin is nice but it's in the middle of nowhere - relax at the pool during the day and there's a great local restaurant around the corner cant remember the name but order the fresh not fried spring rolls

Room Tip: Ask for friends and family or business rate! The two bedroom is a great value its a one bedroom sui...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Dear LaFlameBlanca17,

Thank you for your kind compliments on a private place to stay in Bangkok. We always say we are right in the heart of the Bangkok action but tucked away from the main road if you would like to relax and get away from the busy city. However, as you rightly mention, anytime you are looking to get out and enjoy some restaurants, spas or just some shopping all you have to do is walk out to Soi 11 or head up to the 33rd floor and visit Above Eleven and enjoy some Peruvian Japanese with a fabulous view of the city.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

The staff is exceptionally friendly here! We were greeted after a long flight/walk to the hotel with a refreshing beverage and a wet hand towel. Accommodations were very well kept and included a full kitchen + washer/dryer. I will say that the dryer didn't seen to dry the clothes very well, but that's probably the only negative thing I have to say! The minibar prices were actually reasonable (not the traditional 2000% mark up you usually pay), which was great for a late night snack. :) Their new rooftop bar has a great view and a nice atmosphere. Hotel is only a short walk from the Nana station off the Sukhumvit sky train line. Definitely worth a stay to check out Bangkok.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear skootah,

We are happy you chose to stay with us at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit and thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy you had an enjoyable stay with us and our facilities & services met your expectations. I have noted your comment about the dryers in the room, which I will have my engineer take a look at. However, anytime you have a combi washer/dryer the dryer is slow to dry. However, the next time you come please be sure to ask housekeeping to help you to change the settings so it dry’s faster.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

I recently stayed in the Fraser Suites and I have to say, I thought it was amazing. From the very first moment I walked into my suite, I couldn't believe the size and for a very small price! I kept thinking that if this room was in London it would have cost 3x the price - so it felt very rewarding to stay in such a large and relaxing room. Clean, modern and just what you need to unwind in the midst of all the craziness in Bangkok. I stayed on the 25th floor so one can only imagine how spectacular the view was! That and the huge rainfall shower were the best features for me. I would definitely stay here again, particularly since the service was spot on - the staff were always keen to help.

Overall - a 10/10 hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear tropical_world9,

We are happy you gave us a chance during your trip to Bangkok and thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. The staff appreciated your feedback that you had an enjoyable stay with us and our facilities & services exceeded your expectations. At Frasers we do our best to serve our guests so they feel more comfortable and relaxed during their stay. Your words of thanks really help motivate our team members and help them to continue to improve.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We're regular visitors to the city of angels and this time (5 nights) we thought we'd try a serviced apartment over a hotel. All things considered, I think the ledger is squared. The Fraser gives you much more space which is great and amenities like a kitchen and washing machine but the trade off is 5-star level service. Housekeeping took ages and the restaurant, including for breakfast, is average. It is also located right next door to a thumping night club which kept us awake at night and forced us to change rooms to a higher level. If you're given a west facing apartment that is below the 20th floor be prepared for late night weekend music.

Once we moved, the Frasers provided us with a great place to rest our heels. It's a reasonable distance to the BTS but there is a shuttle that will take you there or to Bumrungrad Hospital if you're prepared to wait for it. The staff were generally friendly, although a couple were surly which is rare for Thailand. Soi 11 is fantastic too with so many dining options, especially street food and bars. Soi Arab is also around the corner if you want your fix of fatoosh and shish tauk. In fact, most of the clientelle seemed to hail from the neck of the woods which was great for us to see another culture.

All up, this was a comfortable stay. If I was in Bangkok for more than a week, the Fraser Suites would be a great place to stay but for my next short trip I think I'll go back to a hotel simply for the better services and the range of choices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the bars.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Lunarboogie,

Thank you for giving us a try during your recent stay in Bangkok. Frasers is a premium service apartment that operates as a hotel. However, we offer more exclusive space and all rooms are equipped with kitchen and washing machine for your comfort. I am glad to read that your overall stay was comfortable but also I take note on the level of service was not satisfactory. I have discussed your feedback with the necessary departments to help improve upon our service levels.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I'm a frequent visitor to BKK and will not stay anywhere else. I have stayed in many of the so called luxury hotels in BKK, landmark, JW Marriott etc but none of them come close to the Frasers.
Firstly It is amazing value for money, the size of the rooms no matter which you choose put most hotels Ive stayed in to shame, yet they are still of a high quality spec. The bathrooms are fantastic with huge walk in rain fall showers and separate baths. Service is excellent and staff epitomise the "land of smiles" image you love about Thailand. I can be quite picky particularly with the smaller things however I just cant with this place. Every visit I make I look forward to relaxing in my lovely Fraser suite robe and slippers. Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear IntotheblueUK,

“Simply Perfect” – your title says it all!

We are happy you chose to stay with us at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit and thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy you had an enjoyable stay with us and our facilities & services exceeded your expectations. At Frasers we do our best to serve our customers so they feel more comfortable and relaxed during their stay. Your words of thanks really help motivate our team members and help them to continue to improve.

When you return to the “land of smiles” we hope you will visit us again at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit.