“A wonderful retreat in a big city”

Fraser Suites Sukhumvit
Ranked #79 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I needed a good hotel to take rest and recuperate after a surgery in hospital. As I would not be going out, wanted to have a hotel close to the Bumrungrad hospital but with good views. I did not expect what I found. Fraser Suites fulfilled all my wishes. It was apartment hotel. For me one bed room apartment with sitting room was just enough. There are two and three bed room apartments in the same establishment. The room which I got was on 28 floor with fantastic view of Bangkok sky line. The wall to wall glass window started from sitting room and finished at bed room. It was just awesome, day and night. My camera clicked non stop to take the beautiful skyline of Bangkok from all sides. Sparkling clean hotel and extraordinary warm staff made my life very easy. My husband did all the errands. The hotel had free Tuk Tuk shuttle service to Bumrungrad hospital and Nana BTS. It was just easy for us to move with Tuktuk to hospital which took only 3 minutes ride or 6 minutes walk. Lots of well known restaurants are just around the corner. The hotel restaurant is under renovation. In a small place next to the pool on 5th floor, we had our breakfast. The choices are not bad. I loved delicious tropical fruits.
The bathroom had both bathtubs and also separate rain shower. A small kitchenette with micro oven, electric cooker, dishes, electric kettle, freeze served the day to day food consumption. There is also a washing machine and iron stand and iron. The wooden floor gave the room an extra beauty. Life was very easy and comfortable on the 1000 sq. feet apartment for few days.

Room Tip: Higher floors have good open panoramic views
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kaniz K
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Kachipata,

We are happy you gave us a chance during your trip to Bangkok and thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. The associates and I appreciated your feedback that you had an enjoyable stay with us and our facilities & services exceeded your expectations. At Frasers we do our best to serve our guests so they feel more comfortable and relaxed during their stay. Your words of thanks really help motivate our team members and help them to continue to improve.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Good points:
-I arrived early in the morning: the room was ready for me and I didn't had to wait to two o'clock.
-A large apartment, fully equipped kictchen, no need to go to hotel breakfast (if you are still in wrong time zone)
-Quite near the air train station Nana or Asok, but in the heat might be too long
-Lots of restaurants and bars nearby
-efficient air conditon and free wifi witch worked well.

Bad ones:
-The decoration of the apartment wasn't alike with the hotel pictures. Needs carpets etc to feel more like home.
-the noise from the street bars might be disturbing, if you are a light sleeper

The hotel staff was helpfull in common, but don' t let the door men order your taxi. There were plenty of cars just st the front of the hotel, but always cheating on you. I asked the door man to call "a taxi that would put the meter on" and what did he do? Asked the driver from the front!

I heard the door men and taxi driver talking about the prIce of 3000 baht from hotel to Don Mueang airport!! 1000 bahts to each from one stupid tourist????

At the taxi the driver tried even more, 4000 bahts! The driver didn ' t want to put the taxi meter on and I argued with him at the airport... Still had to pay 1000 bahts, witch was absolutely too much... Ihave paid about 400 baths with the motorway taxes and the meter was on.

I assumed that they had a good bisnes the tree of them.

The hotel pool was under contruction in October 2013.

Room Tip: I had a room with separate bedroom, spacius living room and did' t cost much more than average r...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Rolling1973,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am also delighted to know that we were able to check you in early and didn’t have to wait for the normal 2pm check in. We do our best to provide this but not always possible depending upon occupancy level.

It was good to know what you liked about the hotel; your feedback about decoration and noise is being noted. As far as the Bangkok Taxi’s we do our best to ask them to use a meter system and always inform our guest not to ride in any Taxi that doesn’t want to turn their meter on. However, many guests still insist to go and they have to barter the price at their destination. This is a very common concern to us but as you are aware, we are not able to control the Taxi’s, which do not work for the hotel in any way. However, we will revisit certain procedures in our areas of concern and will be more focused on training so our associates can be better at explaining this procedure.

Again thank you for sharing your feedback and giving us an opportunity to serve you next time you are in Bangkok. My team and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We received two nights complimentary stay from the Korean Fraser Suites. The two nights were unfortunately during political upheaval that limited tourism, but about the Fraser Suites:
We live in Thailand so we drove to the Fraser and were directed to the parking lot, a multi level parking facility with ample and convenient spaces. At check in we were greeted by friendly staff and check in took the usual 15 minutes (copy passports, etc.) A staff member accompanied us to our room, but did not enter or show us anything about the apartment.

First, Fraser Suites is actually a serviced apartment property, so it has many features that one does not get in hotels. The suite was 60 sq. meters and divide into living space and bedroom with attached bathroom. The bathroom was huge and to the wires pleasure, had a large bathtub (see pictures.) The living area was well equipped for long stay clients and includes full kitchen, dishes, cooking equipment, etc. Cable TV had channels from many regions of the world. The suite was clean and showed only minor wear and tear.
The location on Sukhumvit Soi 11 is in the heart of the city (Nana BTS area.) Soi 11 has many nice restaurants as well as a multitude of street food stalls. Nana BTS sky train station is within walking distance for even us elderly people.
Breakfast was the usual buffet with what seemed an unusual selection of hot and cold foods. We soon figured out why as most of the guests were middle easterners. I did, however manage a reasonable American breakfast with pancakes, bacon, eggs and toast. The restaurant is located next to the pool but glass doors separate many of the tables from the pool itself. Renovation was in progress in the area but was not a bother for us.
Check out had the usual wait to check the room before we were cleared to go.

Overall, we enjoyed the stay, the staff were pleasant and friendly, parking easy, location great, and breakfast obviously improved from other reports. Cost aside, I can recommend the Fraser Suites, especially if your stay will be long.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear asiaexpat62,

Thank you for your recent review in Tripadvisor.

We are glad you were able to enjoy your complementary stay at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit and gave compliments to the location and our friendly staff. Thank you for a detailed review on the layout of the hotel. I always feel it is much better coming from the guest when explaining the Fraser Suites product because serviced apartments give a spacious layout including the normal services of a hotel.

As far as our breakfast is concerned we have a variety of foods for everyone including an egg station, cereals, pancakes, waffles and dozens of other offerings. We have a mix of all nationalities here and cater to everyone. I should point out we are also going to create a new restaurant that shall be expanded which will be welcomed addition to our product.

We hope to see you again at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, Bangkok.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Made the booking on hotels.com just the day before arriving, for a superior room and was pleasantly surprised to receive a free upgrade to a premier room (due to room availability) upon arrival. Anyone would think the information on the likes of hotels.com (book quickly, 'only 2 rooms remaining') regarding room availability wasn't accurate.

The room (15th floor) was huge, basically an apartment, comprising a large bedroom (very comfortable bed, coffee table, sofa, office desk, chairs and 2 wardrobes), large living room area (large sofa, dining table and chairs), large bathroom (shower and seperate bath) and a well sized kitchen area c/w oven, large fridge freezer (with a good selection of mini bar items), a microwave, a well stocked set of cutlery, plates, glasses etc, and a twin sink unit.

Both the bedroom and living room had large flat screen TV's, and the living room had a DVD player included.

The 'docking station' claim isn't strickly true in that the amplifier (connected to the TV in the living room) has a plug into which your ipod (or similar device) can be connected though I very much doubt most travellers would have the relevant lead. Staff were eventually able to find a suitable lead for me to use. This is no big deal, but a docking station also serves to charge your device, so I was caught short in this respect having noted the inclusion of a 'docking station' and left my charger at home.

The room had a balcony which due to its long thin shape is only really suitable for occassional viewing purposes, and the wall (no more than 3.5/4ft high) wasn't particularly family (child) friendly (though maybe a slight fear of heights is at least partially responsible for this opinion!)

Service was always prompt and professional and with a smile, and most of the staff I came across spoke reasonable to very good English.

The pool (5th floor) whilst not too big, is very pleasant, and its traditional shape means its great for a swim. There's a limited number of sun beds available.

We didn't eat in the restaurant so can't comment, though tried room service the once and the food was fine.

There is a free 'tut tut' shuttle to the Sukhumvit road (when available - 1st come 1st served) though it's only a 10min walk, and there are plenty of bars, restaurants etc within a 3 minute stroll and there's a 7 Eleven opposite.

Right out front of the main hotel gates there was always a selection of motor bike taxis, tut tuts and standard taxis, though if you ask at reception (or the doorman) they will come into the hotel driveway and collect you (though this does then limit your negotiation position!)

Worth noting the fact that nearby night spots (Q bar and the roof bar at Le Fenix hotel) play loud music all night, seemingly every night (from my experiences until approx 3am and 2am respectively) and whilst it is possible to hear (the music) from behind closed doors/windows, I didn't personally have any problems sleeping as a result, but I would suggest the higher the floor the better in this respect (or maybe stay on a different side of the hotel if this is possible?) certainly if you're a light sleeper, though it goes without saying this isn't a fault of the hotel, merely an observation.

There is also a very nice rooftop bar/club on the very top of the hotel (accessed by a seperate elevator behind the hotel, so hotel guests could quite feasibly not even realise its existence) which has great views, and was very busy the night (Friday) we visited.

Whilst there are a lot of much cheaper options available in Bangkok (I paid approx Baht 4,500 a night without breakfast), I was very impressed with the quality of the room and hotel in general.

Fraser Suites is a first rate 'home from home' experience in high quality accommodation, and even the fussiest of traveller would fine it difficult to fault. To be recommended.

Room Tip: Light sleepers get a room that doesn't face out onto the aforementioned night spots (if this is...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Derbal,

Thank you for your recent stay in October and we are happy to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Thank you for such a complete and descriptive analysis during your stay, which really helps other travelers, understand what to expect! We were able to give you an upgrade because we had a cancellation. The most up to date is our own systems in the hotel but Booking.com and other OTA’s do take a bit of time to update correctly. This is why it showed only 2 rooms remaining. At the time it was correct. I am glad you were able to experience our premier room, which is actually one of my personal favorites.

As far as the docking station, I guess the name could be better used but in all actuality it does dock and play your device’s music through the speakers. The front office is able to give the connection upon asking. Also, we have chargers for most of the popular phones at the front desk as well incase you leave home without yours. I did use this opportunity to do some training with the front desk to make sure they remind guests of the same.

The balcony rooms are one of our favorite categories. They are really meant to go out and view the city but we did not design them for furniture or anything like that. However, they are very child friendly and have protection all around but parents should always supervise their children at those heights.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, Bangkok.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

You don't book a hotel room but apartment with lot of space. Facilities in room are good and staff is helping and all checkin and checkout smooth. Swiming pool is ok and open lately but you must find staff to order they are not so active to check if customer likes to order more.

Another minus is that you can hear music from night clubs near in street site rooms. I stayed 20th floosr and had problems to sleeps until night clubs closed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Torstix,

Thank you for visiting us in October and happy to read you enjoyed your overall stay including your size of apartment, facilities and our team. I have communicated your suggestion that our restaurant should be more active when you are near the pool. Thank you for this suggestion.

We hope to see you again at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, Bangkok.

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel was great. The room was gigantic, very clean and very well equipped. The view was also amazing. The staff is very professional and friendly. It's located in sukhumvit which doesn't seem much during the day but in the evening it changes completely. Nice bars and restaurants appear and bring a really good vibe. The shuttle bus from the hotel takes you to the subway whenever you want.
The hotel has a lounge bar and resto on the top floor which we strongly recommend. It's not cheap but you have a superb view on Bangkok.
The pool is small but very modern and clean. The breakfast is ok but can be improved.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear SvenGr,

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit including, room, pool, staff and location. Most everything around Soi 11 is very assessable and gives guests plenty of choice each and every night of your stay. I am glad you mention our free Tuk Tuk shuttle that can drop you off at the nearest BTS station in case you are wanting to go outside of Soi 11.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

The rooms in this hotel are perfect. Everything you could need is there. It's spacious and extremely comfortable. They really gave thought if everything. It is just off the Main Street of restaurants and bars with lots of choice and very close to the sky train and shopping.
Our only criticism is that we were given a voucher ' to have drink' in the rooftop bar, but when we got there it was only for a whisky sour and even when we said we didn't drink alcohol, we still had to pay for our soft drinks. The reception staff did give us our money back when we checked out after complaining, but it left a bad taste.

• Stayed: October 2013
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Swissladybird,

Thank you for your kind compliments on a private place to stay in Bangkok. We always say we are right in the heart of the Bangkok action but tucked away from the main road if you would like to relax and get away from the busy city. However, as you rightly mention, anytime you are looking to get out and enjoy some restaurants, spas or just some shopping all you have to do is walk out to Soi 11 or head up to the 33rd floor and visit Above Eleven and enjoy the fabulous view of the city.

Thank you for bringing to our attention that if you do not drink you should get a free soft drink. We have communicated this to our team at Above Eleven and will make that change in the future.