“Great room, friendly service”

Fraser Suites Sukhumvit
Ranked #73 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights in transit between Myanmar and Laos; it was a welcome experience and a great chance to get some laundry done, relax a bit and prepare for the next leg of my trip. I'm familiar with the Fraser suites in Insadong, Seoul and found this to be similarly nice and well-appointed, a home away from home.
The Internet connection was good, the apartment was spacious, immaculate and well-maintained and the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful (though often very busy).
I'll be back here whenever I'm in Bangkok.
I was on the 25th floor and had no problem whatsoever with noise. I booked the room without breakfast based on so-so comments from other reviewers and ate in the room instead, so I can't comment on the food.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear onimity,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent stay in Bangkok. Frasers is a premium service apartment that operates as a hotel. However, we offer more exclusive space and all rooms are equipped with kitchen and washing machine for your comfort. I am glad to read that your overall stay was comfortable and the service was satisfactory.

There are newer reviews for Fraser Suites Sukhumvit

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Impressive size even for the standard 1br. Well appointed and great views.
Only two things that you need to be aware or.
1. Internet connecton often drops
2. The noise even on a higher floor facing soi 11 can be really crazy, even at 4am the bass sounds travel right into your bedroom. At 5am you still can hear people shouting and going nuts.
I had to resort to earplugs. Not sure if all rooms have have this problem.

I think any hotel around soi11 will likely have some noise issues.
Breakfast is of reasonable standard.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank OzzieFlyer007

Dear OzMarkSydney,

We are happy to read you enjoyed the hotel room and views of the city. However, I do note that you felt it was noisier because of Soi 11 then it should be. As far as the internet please let us know next time you visit because we can solve the internet signal dropping issues if notified during your stay.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I spent two separate periods in the property during a recent trip to Thailand. First we rented a 3 rooms apartment at the 30th floor - simply breathtaking under all the aspects - quality of the apartment, size, view. The I took a single room apartment (25th floor), which was equally nice even if (obviously) smaller. Swimming pool is very nice and the service, although sometimes a bit slow, was very good. The hotel is perfectly located in Sukhumvit Soi 11, which is great if you look for a lively area to party!

Room Tip: The higher you go, the better :-D
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Pablo the sonar,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your room and the view, swimming pool and the lively area around Sukhumvit Soi 11. We did note the slow service at the pool and have discussed this with the team, which we find very helpful feedback to help us improve upon our services.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Great staff reception,
Housekeeping not so good (not clean, forget towels, loo rollls etc)
Internet So SO bad forget booking if you have work to do
And only works in MY Kitchen properly.
Above 11 Bar nice

Hotel has free TukTuk bot only ever saw it ONCE in five days

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Stewartlees,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the reception team and Above Eleven but do note your comments on housekeeping, Internet and Tuk Tuk service. The Tuk Tuk is a free service and we do have two at the property. However, they are requested all the time, therefore sometimes you need to wait 5-10 minutes for them to return.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

It was a very nice experience. Rooms are big and clean. Staff is friendly. We asked for an early check in as flight came in at 6:00. Staff handled it perfectly. We had a deluxe suite on the 25th floor. No problem with street noise etc. Compl breakfast in the mornings was pretty nice. The have continental as well as thai. Only suggestion would be the juices which are straight from a tetra pack.

Room Tip: Take a higher room except of the two top floors as there is a rooftop bar and hence noisy in weekend...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Marthar,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.com and sharing your positive review with the team and other guests. We are glad to hear you both enjoyed your stay including our facilities & services. Your highlight on the room sizes is definitely one of the greatest features at staying at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit. Not to mention, our team always is looking forward to making your stay as comfortable as possible in Bangkok.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I needed a good hotel to take rest and recuperate after a surgery in hospital. As I would not be going out, wanted to have a hotel close to the Bumrungrad hospital but with good views. I did not expect what I found. Fraser Suites fulfilled all my wishes. It was apartment hotel. For me one bed room apartment with sitting room was just enough. There are two and three bed room apartments in the same establishment. The room which I got was on 28 floor with fantastic view of Bangkok sky line. The wall to wall glass window started from sitting room and finished at bed room. It was just awesome, day and night. My camera clicked non stop to take the beautiful skyline of Bangkok from all sides. Sparkling clean hotel and extraordinary warm staff made my life very easy. My husband did all the errands. The hotel had free Tuk Tuk shuttle service to Bumrungrad hospital and Nana BTS. It was just easy for us to move with Tuktuk to hospital which took only 3 minutes ride or 6 minutes walk. Lots of well known restaurants are just around the corner. The hotel restaurant is under renovation. In a small place next to the pool on 5th floor, we had our breakfast. The choices are not bad. I loved delicious tropical fruits.
The bathroom had both bathtubs and also separate rain shower. A small kitchenette with micro oven, electric cooker, dishes, electric kettle, freeze served the day to day food consumption. There is also a washing machine and iron stand and iron. The wooden floor gave the room an extra beauty. Life was very easy and comfortable on the 1000 sq. feet apartment for few days.

Room Tip: Higher floors have good open panoramic views
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kaniz K
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Kachipata,

We are happy you gave us a chance during your trip to Bangkok and thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. The associates and I appreciated your feedback that you had an enjoyable stay with us and our facilities & services exceeded your expectations. At Frasers we do our best to serve our guests so they feel more comfortable and relaxed during their stay. Your words of thanks really help motivate our team members and help them to continue to improve.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Good points:
-I arrived early in the morning: the room was ready for me and I didn't had to wait to two o'clock.
-A large apartment, fully equipped kictchen, no need to go to hotel breakfast (if you are still in wrong time zone)
-Quite near the air train station Nana or Asok, but in the heat might be too long
-Lots of restaurants and bars nearby
-efficient air conditon and free wifi witch worked well.

Bad ones:
-The decoration of the apartment wasn't alike with the hotel pictures. Needs carpets etc to feel more like home.
-the noise from the street bars might be disturbing, if you are a light sleeper

The hotel staff was helpfull in common, but don' t let the door men order your taxi. There were plenty of cars just st the front of the hotel, but always cheating on you. I asked the door man to call "a taxi that would put the meter on" and what did he do? Asked the driver from the front!

I heard the door men and taxi driver talking about the prIce of 3000 baht from hotel to Don Mueang airport!! 1000 bahts to each from one stupid tourist????

At the taxi the driver tried even more, 4000 bahts! The driver didn ' t want to put the taxi meter on and I argued with him at the airport... Still had to pay 1000 bahts, witch was absolutely too much... Ihave paid about 400 baths with the motorway taxes and the meter was on.

I assumed that they had a good bisnes the tree of them.

The hotel pool was under contruction in October 2013.

Room Tip: I had a room with separate bedroom, spacius living room and did' t cost much more than average r...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Rolling1973,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am also delighted to know that we were able to check you in early and didn’t have to wait for the normal 2pm check in. We do our best to provide this but not always possible depending upon occupancy level.

It was good to know what you liked about the hotel; your feedback about decoration and noise is being noted. As far as the Bangkok Taxi’s we do our best to ask them to use a meter system and always inform our guest not to ride in any Taxi that doesn’t want to turn their meter on. However, many guests still insist to go and they have to barter the price at their destination. This is a very common concern to us but as you are aware, we are not able to control the Taxi’s, which do not work for the hotel in any way. However, we will revisit certain procedures in our areas of concern and will be more focused on training so our associates can be better at explaining this procedure.

Again thank you for sharing your feedback and giving us an opportunity to serve you next time you are in Bangkok. My team and I look forward to your next visit.