I have stayed on business 2 times in the past year at this hotel, and the only reason I have stayed there is because the meetings are at this hotel. I cannot recommend this hotel because the bad things about it far outnumber the good.
To be fair and objective, I will note some good things first:
1. The rooms are spacious and some have nice views
2. The air conditioning worked well
3. The main lobby is nicely decorated and a comfortable place to wait
Now for the bad things:
1. The hotel in general is not well maintained. In my room there were several problems:
- the in-room safe did not work
- the carpeting was heavily stained
- the wall paper was peeling off the walls
- the drain in the bathroom sink was slow and backed up
- the furniture was falling apart - when I moved a chair, the arm came off in my hand
- the light fixture next to the bed did not work
2. The 'state of the art' entertainment system described in the hotel's information binder in reality includes just a basic TV that gets only 5 channels - all in Thai language. There were no movie channels, only regular Thai programming. The hotel provides no writing materials as many other hotels do - no notepads or pens are provided. There are no mini-bar items at all. You get two bottles of drinking water at no extra charge per day.
3. There were no fire escape instructions posted in the room
4. The hotel does have a swimming pool, however, it is located indoors in a dimly lit room underneath the main lobby. Few guests seem to use it.
5. Although a buffet breakfast was included in the room rate, the scene in the restaurant was a nightmare. The staff could not keep up with the swarm of people from tour groups and business seminars making it difficult to find a place to sit. The food does not taste good and is of low quality, as though the hotel management is making every effort to cut costs. As an example, a basic Thai dish that is usually made with fried vegetables, noodles and pork was made with noodles and a few vegetables only - no pork. Finding a cup for coffee was a difficult task. I had to settle for one that was cracked and chipped and the coffee was cold. In the evening the restaurant was empty, as though nobody would pay extra to eat there after experiencing the breakfast.
6. In the neighborhood where the hotel is located, there are no convenience stores or restaurants or other shops. If you are adventurous enough to walk to the many blocks to the shopping areas, you will have to deal with crossing very busy roads - dodging motorcycles that cut between cars and even drive on the sidewalk.
I think you can do much better at other hotels in Bangkok, so I would advise against staying at this one.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Adriatic Palace Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.