“Excellent breakfast spread”
Review of Jazzotel Hotel

Jazzotel Hotel
Ranked #625 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The beds and bathroom were clean. The breakfast spread in the morning was great. There's a convenient 7-11 across the street. The view wasn't great and the lights in the room are not pleasing. Overall it was a good 2 nights stay for us two 21 yr old girls.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed for 2 nights with my cousin at the start of our Southeast Asia trip. It was close to my uncle's house so it was very convenient for us. A lot of my family members stay there when visiting Bangkok, so they all recommended it. The hotel lobby is nicely decorated and open, surrounded by windows. Our room was the standard twin beds. It was very clean, comfortable, and spacious. The bathroom was stocked with the basic amenities and clean as well. We didn't really spend much time in the hotel, just to sleep.

The hotel is outside of the main areas of Bangkok, but it isn't hard to get around place to place. You just need to take a metered taxi to the MRT train station, which is about 10-20 minutes depending on traffic and around 60 baht (about 2 USD). You can just tell the taxi "MRT esplanade" and they should take you there. Be prepared when taking a taxi back to the hotel because the taxi drivers do not know jazzotel. They don't speak English most of the time, so it is advisable to carry the hotel business card around or have the address written in Thai for you to hand to them. It is close to the Cambodian Embassy so learning to say that in Thai is also helpful.

I would definitely recommend the hotel for people looking for a good price and nice, clean accommodation. But if you want something more convenient and closer to the hustle and bustle of downtown Bangkok, it might not be the best place for you. You might be better off staying in Si Lom area, although it will be more costly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I was on vacation to Bangkok with my wife. I got a corner room on 16th floor. The view was nice from windows. The hotel was excellent and clean. The breakfast was also very nice. The hotel is little bit in outskirts of bangkok but still it's certaily recommended.

Room Tip: ask for corner rooms where there would be two windows to bedroom.(Corner rooms)
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RohanDeshmukh
Reviewed 7 November 2012

This was our first stop of our long tour of Bangkok, KL & Singapore. Obviously, the expectation was different. We had also asked our operator, SOTC, to get a hotel near to the shopping districts, but keeping with the promise of the worst service possible, they gave us this hotel far away in the outskirts. Our Thai flight landed in Bangkok at 630 am and we got into the hotel at 830...although we had requested early check in for the elders accompanying us, we had to wait for more than 3 hours to get 2 of our 3 rooms...rooms were decent enough with no room service...except changing of linen...breakfast provided was strictly OK...overall a decent stay at a decent price...dont expect anything great

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I have previously stopped in the Swiss Hotel, which is located further away from our Bangkok office so asked to try a hotel nearer. The Jazzotel is a quarter of the cost of the Swiss, it is situated in a quite area so a good night sleep was achieved throughout my stay.
The hotel is dated and starting to need upgrading. But is clean and functional. The bar was never open, which saved me a fortune. Breakfast was more Asian than European, but had pancakes and eggs. I don’t eat breakfast so this was OK for me. It is used by travel groups, so breakfast is sometimes crowded.
Outside the hotel is; a good massage parlour, lots of restaurants, and a couple of small shops. Just turn right on the road and cross the bridge.
I could not justify going back to the Swiss. The area provides all I need and is a lot cheaper, even though my company pay I would still choose this Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business