“not that near to shopping”
Review of Hotel de Bangkok

Hotel de Bangkok
Ranked #259 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on the comments made by other travellers wch says tht hotel is near to shopping but it is certainly not. my htl room was ok, but there is no view frm my window. my window is facing to another room!! the htl is located away frm the main road and nt many people know about this htl. be prepared to bring the htl card wch hs thai language written on it wth u whn u go out because it wl hlp u to get back to the htl.
I do nt quite like ths htl because it is not tht near to baiyoke nor to pratunam nor to platinum mall.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nora28_13

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I chose this hotel for its proximity to the Pratunam Shopping Area and the Airport Link to Suvarnabhumi. I was pleasantly surprised by the room as it was spacious and charming. The Tub was clean and despite some evidence of wear and tear, the everything still looked good. The room has an Electric Kettle, a Mini Fridge, a Safe and toiletries. Just one thing: One night I returned from an entire day spent shopping and walking to find that there was no light on the lobby of the entire floor. They had placed me on the 4th floor in a room far from the elevators and the total darkness really freaked me out. I ran all the way to my room only to find that my room key card was not working. I had to run all the way back to the elevators to go back down to reception. At the Reception, when I asked why the lights were off on my floor, the could not give me an answer. I am not sure it it was because the staff did not know enough English to answer my question. They fixed the card and I asked one of the ladies from reception to accompany me back to my room. When we got to the floor I told the lady, "see, it's so dark" and she said "ok wait" and hurried down the end of the hall to open the lights. Thankfully the card worked and I was able to finally relax inside my room.
Despite the strange and somewhat creepy encounter with the lights off, i would stay here again and recommend it to my friends because I liked the room and the location and found it to be value for money. Just another tip, I booked directly through their website and shortly after that, I got victimized by credit card fraud so I recommend booking through Agoda instead of their website.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank THETONIWEI
TheSerene, General Manager at Hotel de Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear THETONIWEI,

Thank you for staying at Hotel de Bangkok during your visit to Bangkok and for sharing your feedback with us. Also thank you for sharing your valuable comment to other readers and compliments to our boutique hotel.

We are sorry for the lights out on your floor. The building lights are set with an automatic timer. We now found that the timer was broken on that night and require manual operation. We are fixing it.

For the light at the lobby, the reason you did not see all lights are on because it was late. Due to economic and environmental reasons, we switched off some redundant lights at night after midnight if there is no one at the lobby or restaurant. However the entrance , reception and the evaluator zone are still on.

As per your comment regarding the credit card payment, the secured system on our website is exactly the same and we also offer Paypal. The page is secured with SSL Encoding. There is nothing to be worried about this as we have been receiving payment via our websites more than 800 bookings a month since we open 3 years ago. There has never been any issue. Our other 15 hotels in the group across the country sharing the same security platform and receiving more than 10,000 bookings a month, there has never been any issue.

After consulting our bank and financial consultant, please kindly understand that the credit card fraud comes in many ways and mostly likely from client computers through web browser through cookies that the browser may collect.

Please rest assured that there is actually no different in booking platform. Ours is as secured as a bank payment gateway and Paypal.

Thank you once again for your choosing us and we wish to welcome you back here again in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Hotel de Bangkok

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Excellent service, clean, relaxing, great value, close to the airport train. Loved the service, little things like, an ice cold drink as soon as we walked in the door, or like being escorted out and having a taxi negotiated for us.
It was a little tricky to find. It's close to the airport train, but around a few corners and not obvious. Still we managed it, and had a nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JaliceAZ
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days and 4 nights. We checked in late afternoon, no welcome drinks. The front desk staff was friendly. The hotel itself is nice and beautiful. Good design and deco. The room is spacious and comfy, ours has a bath tub, there's no view of the outside from the room. Aircon is split type, take some time for the room to get cold. They'll give you free wifi access. The hot and cold shower is faulty, sometimes the water is extremely hot. If you're looking for a budget friendly hotel, this is it. Great for couples, When we got the room, they were on promo, if they're not on promo i may have to think twice on booking in this hotel. If you love shopping, its a long walk from Siam, it's near to massage places,some night markets and 7-11 stores. We stayed in the room just to sleep and rest.Most of the time We're out. When we checked out, I was asking help to print out our flight tickets but the internet connection at the lobby was super slow and their system is down. Which is disappointing. Over all, this hotel is satisfactory.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ceej2011
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Cute place and great price. They gave us a cold drink when checking in which was a really nice touch.Staff is very friendly and will help you with anything you need. The rooms are very classy and beds are comfy. It was a very nice hotel.The location is perfect!...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank tracy w
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Staffs were friendly, rooms were clean. the room was truly worth the price. the location of the hotel was close to the pratunam shopping district and very convinient to many other areas. convinience store is walking distance along with the airport rail link station. a really good hotel for tourists who intend to come to bangkok for shopping!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Overall the room is acceptable if you compare with this price. Not the best location and quiet at night time since the hotel is away from main road. But, the air condition is noisy and the water start dripping out and wake me up during midnight in the second night. Saw some red color stain on the toilet wall and poor towel quality.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends