“Never stay again at Citichic, Bangkok”

Citichic by iCheck Inn
Ranked #283 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Quebec
“Never stay again at Citichic, Bangkok”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2008

I just returned from this hotel last week for a 8 nights stay.
It was my 9th times in Thailand and it was my worst experience in Bangkok. First I must say that the hotel looks is clean except a very bad smell in the toilet all the times. Avoid room 104. The staff is also very kind and polite. Unfortunatly, upon our arrival, they told us that our room was not ready and we must wait at 9:30PM to get our room. After more than 30 hours in airports and planes, I was very disappointed. They offered another room until our Deluxe terrace room will be ready. After this, we had problem with internet for 2 days and the staff told us that it was about the lines were too busy. COME ON, at 6:00AM in the morning? In the lobby, internet was OK but not in the room.
Finally, the lady at the reception told us that this room 104 had so many problems before with internet. Why they lie to us and not try to fix the problem? Finally after a while they sent someone to fix the problem. 2 days later I broke a glass of wine and the reception call in the room to let me know it will cost 200baht. It worth about 20 or 30 baht, come on, it was an accident. When it was time for checking out, they already put 200 baht on my bill.
Again I have to complain and ask the lady to refund a half day to us because our room was not ready upon our arrival. When you want to have a late check-out, hotel charge you. Why if room is not ready on time they not give you a discount for waiting your room at 9:30PM? The worst is because the reception admitted that they already charge extra for the previous customer for late check-out. After this argument, reception decide for not charging the glass. Why did i have to argue and complain to get what is normal for asking? After all these problems, I said to the manager that he should give me a free night stay for my next trip.
Of course, he refused my request. Too bad, i come thailand 3 times per year since 3 years and i'll come back for next July and because he want to save a 1 night stay, he will never see me again in this Hotel. In my opinion, in this hotel you feel that your money is more important that you are.

• Liked — Polite staff and always smilling
  • Disliked — Always have to argue to obtain what you deserve and far from main road
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank miro50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2008

We booked a room with 2 beds with the hotel 3 weeks before our trip. They confirmed our reservation.

However upon arrival, we were given a room with 1 king bed, for 2 guys.

We asked for a change of room and was told that the hotel was full. They could give us a room with 2 beds when a guest checks out a 9pm. They did not explain to us that the room would need to be made up so it would not be ready until may be 10pm or later.

We went out for dinner and came back at 9. Of course the room was not ready. We then told them we were not going to waste a night at the hotel waiting for the room, we are going out to enjoy ourselves and we would be back by before 1am. When we came back at 1am, a different staff was at the counter.

"Oh you did not come back so we sold the room already" was the reply.

We were understandably upset and said we wanted to lodge a complaint with the manager. The hotel never apologized throughout our 3 night stay and never offered to change the room.

That aside, these are my comments on the hotel.

The hotel is hard to find. It sits at a very narrow lot at the intersection of a T junction. If the driver is lost, tell him its very near the President Solitare Hotel. As the lot is very small, there is no parking for the taxi if the hotel's 2 parking lots are taken up.

The rooms of the hotel are small, but elegent and zen. They have a nice LCD/Plasma TV in the room. The bathroom has a bathtub as well as rain shower. Our shower had some problems as both the handshower and rainshower sprayed water at the same time.

The pool at the roof top is interesting. Its small, you can cover it in 3 strokes, and there are about 4 deck chairs for you to sun bathe. I sort of liked it for its chic feel.

Breakfast was provided at the reception + lounge + restaurant on the ground floor. You order your breakfast. We had basically ham , eggs and toast basically every morning.

If you wanted to go to the main Sukumvit road for shopping or to take the BTS, the hotel offers a free tuk-tuk service driven by the bell boy cum concierge.

The price the hotel charged was 2500B a night.

I think its a good price for the level of comfort provided.

• Liked — nice rooms
  • Disliked — reception staff and problem handling
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank maic
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2007

I recently was looking for an inexpensive hotel to stay in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok, and several of the places I normally stay were fully booked or had raised their rates substantially. One of those fully booked places, the Majestic Suites, referred me to this brand new boutique hotel that their company had just opened. It looked very nice on the website, and the rate of 2300/baht per night (~$70 complete) was just what I was looking for. The rooms and common areas were extremely stylish and well appointed, and quite spacious. The bathrooms were very nice as well, with lots of chrome and glass, and separate shower and tub, and everything modern. Breakfast was good, although nothing special, it was included in the quite reasonable rate. The rooftop pool was very small, but would suffice for a quick cooling dip as respite from the afternoon Bangkok heat. The fitness center was also small, but fine given the small size of the hotel. One nice feature was the two internet PCs located in the lobby for guests to use at no charge.

The Citichic hotel's location was about an 8 minute walk to Sukhumvit road and the Nana BTS station. They had a Tuk Tuk to shuttle you there, but most of the time I walked it. There are quite a few nice upscale restaurants within a 5 minute walk of the hotel, as well as several of the trendiest nightspots in Bangkok, such as Q-bar and Bedsupperclub. Overall, this is a very stylish, well run boutique hotel, and at the current rates, a very good value as well.

• Liked — Very spacious, well appointed rooms, free internet PCs in Lobby
  • Disliked — pool was quite small, bit of a walk to Sukhumvit road and BTS
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled solo
2 Thank D1andonlyDman
Bkk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2007

I travel to Bangkok quite regularly and have staye in many hotels. On this occasion, I stayed at Citichic Boutique Suite and I must say that I was really impressed and I plan to stay on my next visit to Bangkok. The hotel is located in Sukhumvit Soi 13 or where Soi 11 and Soi 13 meets.. Its about 10 mins walk to the nearest BTS (NANA) station and the hotel plans to offer free shuttle by TUKTUK by December, I was told by the manager.. The room is amazing with big LCD TV, coffee/tea making facility, in room safe, minibar. There is a small rooftop pool.. dont expect to swim laps there but it provide a really comfortable dip in the evening after going through the chaos of Bangkok. The staff are very friendly and receive you with big smile on their face.. Overall a very nice hotel and a genuine Boutique Hotel.

2 Thank BkkChai