“Romantic ambience and rooftop bar”

Vertigo Grill and Moon Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, View details, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Thung Maha Mek
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Vertigo bar was very quiet and the setting was rather romantic. Drinks are pricey but you pay for the name of Banyan tree, which is still worth it in the end. We didn't know that Moon bar was actually another level up as we weren't informed though, so we asked the staff after placing our orders and brought our drinks up after to the rooftop.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (6,096)

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We were so looking forward to our dining experience as we had heard it to be one of the best roof top restaurant / bar in the world, that was an understatement. We were travelling for 4 weeks in the area, Cambodia and Vietnam and finishing back in Bangkok. For the last night We wanted a special dinner in a spectacular ambience so booked a table for dinner 4 weeks ahead so we wouldn't miss out. We arrived on the night with our reservation confirmation slip which we presented to the maitred' who said that because of the rain in the afternoon they were serving dinner inside tonight but the bar was open on the roof so we decided that we would like to see the view so went up only to find it absolutely impossible to get any service, so totally disorganised. Back at the reception area they didn't have our booking and said they had a table for us and pointed us to a small table at the door , unset and no view. After complaining we were escorted to a a small table on a couch where we had to sit crossed legged, at our age of 60 plus it is not an option but did have a view. After ordering we waited 45 minutes until the meal arrived only to find it wasn't what we requested. By this stage we were over this so called, "first class dining at it's best" and after asking to see the manager all he intended to do was offer a mock-tail, as there was no alcoholic drinks being served which we where not aware of when we booked nor told on arriving at reception. We should have taken the advise we were given by a local shop owner not to go as the food and service is appalling. Views are great but that's about as far as it goes with this place. Would I go back, never.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

I was extremely impressed by the staff and their attention to detail. They had a handbag stand for me, a jacket stand for my sister, and even hair ties for long hair in the wind. My sister and I tried to take a selfie and our server asked to take our photo and proceeded to grab our light and angle it so we would have a better picture. In addition, the food was fantastic! I had mushroom soup and Kobe beef and both were perfection. Plus, you cannot beat the view up there.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

I've been to rooftop establishments all over and this one is unrivalled. The height, the views, and the ambiance. This is a place you should take friends you want to impress. Drinks a bit pricy but well worth it. If heights aren't your thing, it might give you pause..But otherwise do put this in your list for am evening in Bangkok!

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

This is the best rooftop restaurant city the best view I've visited so far. You really feel very high, I loved it but it's not for people with fear of heights as you feel very exposed; my husband did not enjoy the experience!

The menu is a bit confusing, you have two options, a la cartel or set menus of 3, 4 and 5 dishes. However if you add the prices of the dishes on the set menus you realise that ordering them separately is cheaper. We ordered from the a la carte, the food was great and the portions were judge. If I had a suggestion for the restaurant it would be to reduce the prices and reduce the portions, as it is quite expensive, specially for Thailand.

There is a dress code that specifies that men need to wear closed shoes, however the restaurant keep a stock of shoes of all sizes for whoever shows up in sandals, which is a nice touch.

Overall a fantastic experience!