“stange in a good way”

Cuisines: European
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This place is very strange - literally like being inside a very untidy persons wardrobe. But that is what make it so much fun. You are in a shopping center but once you step inside this funky place ( I do not even know what to call it as it is a clothing shope, beauty parlour, cafe, ) you forget that.
The cakes are good -if overpriced, but the main attraction here is clearly the atmosphere. if you want to know what it feels like insed Wonderland you will love this place

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Good food, and nice decor; but after all I prefer "stand-alone" restaurants and cafeterias: the ones inside malls and shopping centers are always a little bit too artificial for me. But if you like the style it's a good choice.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

An eclectic vintage ambience marred by unfriendly service and so-so food. The complimentary bread basket was very good, but it all went downhill from there. We had a strange but pleasant mojito, seafood spaghetti nero, strozzi duck linguine, penne arrabiata with river prawn, and a mushroom risotto. The menu was cute but intelligible and uninformative, and the waiter failed to help out much.

We returned the strozzi duck linguine as it was far, far too spicy and peppery (we can take the usual Thai street food standard, so this was definitely a case of overseasoning) and the duck was extremely tough and dry. Our request to get some other dish was ignored, and the waiter gruffly returned with the same dish washed with salt water. This was also rejected because it was now way too salty.

To the restaurant's credit we were not charged for the dish, and were presented with a 250 baht voucher for our next return - but I seriously doubt we will have a chance to use it as we will not be eating there again.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Although the food I had, a cappacino, scallop salad, and a side of brocetta, was very good the price was way too high for the experience. Sitting in the hall of a mall and being given mediocre service does not warrant an over $30 lunch ticket.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

A friend invited me there and by the look of the place I really expected a mediocre experience. I was very pleasantly surprised by both the food and the service. I will go back there for sure.

1  Thank NicolasBkk

Been to It's Happened to be a Closet - The Emporium? Share your experiences!