“Probably the only Italian I'll go in Bangkok”
Review of Giusto - CLOSED

Giusto
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Bangkok, Thailand
“Probably the only Italian I'll go in Bangkok”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

There are many European restaurants in Bangkok especially Italian. Many choices for residents and visitors. But the best I've had is Giusto as it wins in overall categories - ambiance, service, food, choices etc.

Have been going there for past 7-8 years and never fail to have a great dinner each time. Think last year Giusto expanded the outdoor and its a great thing for me as I am able to bring my little doggy there. Anyway dining outdoor is great too especially year end when its cool.

Ok the food - best foie gras in Bangkok, tried in many restaurants and Fabio's is the best, cooked to perfection every time. The other thing is their pasta again its cooked to perfection, not soggy and not too hard. The wine cellar has a wide selection and you will surely be able to find something you like.

Recently Fabio the owner opened a whiskey & cigar bar within the restaurant and I have to say I did enjoy the jazz band there last night. Will be going there again very soon.

• Visited February 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Really enjoyable evening”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I was in Bangkok for a conference and had agreed to meet an ex-colleague and friend who no lives and works in Bangkok and he decided to choose Giusto for dinner.
Beautiful setting and the decor is open and modern.
Service is friendly if needing a little bit more polish but this is being picky.
Our first choice of wine was unavailable but all the food and our substitute wine was great and I couldn't find fault.
I can't tell if it was good value for money as my friend payed, but, if you are in Bangkok and want a change from all the fantastic Thai food on offer then definitely give this a try.

• Visited January 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“No buffet, lunch set over priced, slow service”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The 290thb buffet used to be amazing value for money and is the reason I took my parents there today.
I was greatly disappointed to find out the buffet is not available anymore and was replaced by 499thb++ lunch sets, which we decided to try anyway (e.g. pick 2 courses from a list of dishes).

Adding 125 thb 500ml water bottles and the usual 7% VAT and 10% service charge: we basically ended up paying 800thb per person for a plate of pasta, an ice cream and a glass of water

The food was good, but definitely not worth that price. I can get similar quality for under half the price in other restaurants.

Service was slow. Probably slower than normal as the staff apologized for it.

I will not go there again, but I will miss the buffet.

• Visited January 2014
West Hartford, Connecticut
“A grand disappointment”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We were staying on Soi 23 and decided to go to Giusto for lunch on Dec 31st. The restaurant itself was not crowded and the tables were all done up for the NY eve celebrations and did look pretty.

The food itself was a major disappointment. We ordered a salad which was good but the two pasta dishes we ordered were below amateurish. One was served in a gluggy tomato sauce, where even the pasta assumed red tones and the dish itself had no flavour, while the other dish could have been a spaghetti served by a 5 year trying her/his hand at a meal. The menu said that the spaghetti would be cooked with a butter sage sauce 'or' a chilli based oil, but the waitress insisted that there was no 'or', it was both sauces. We did get a pasta dish that had neither flavour and looked even worse. Forget masterchef standards of presentation, an fast food place will serve up something better looking and with more flavour.

The service was average for what one presumes is a 'upmarket' experience. For a fine dining place at fancy prices, this was a major letdown. Not a place I would recommend.

• Visited December 2013
Bangkok
“Real fine dining Italian food”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I love this restaurant, I eat here 3-4 times a month. The restaurant situated in sukhumvit 23, it's very easy to come here. You can take MRT or BTS to asok then walk to sukhumvit soi 23, just around the middle of the soi you will see the restaurant on the right side. The food here is superb, the service is great and the wines list is excellent. It's a fine dining restaurant so everything is 5 stars, the best dish I recommend are any red meat dish, beef or lamb. They are all good. The appetizers are very nice, good real Italian choices. The desserts are very very good. They have the best wines list I had seen and the service is very nice. The chefs pay attention to the detail of foods and wines. You won't be disappointed here.

• Visited December 2013