“Pleasantly surprised by a 4-star hotel at a 3-star price located next to 5-star hotels”

S15 Sukhumvit Hotel
Ranked #261 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Recently returned from a 5 night stay and pleasantly surprised. We booked two rooms for a family of 5 and chose this hotel for price, proximity to BTS skytrain, and previous good reviews. Hotel is clean and modern. We must be smell-sensitive because we did note an over-abundance of air freshener in the lobby and a strong cigarette smoke smell in one of our non-smoking rooms (we were eventually moved to another room the next day). Front counter friendly, helpful, and most had very good English.

Rooms are very clean and modern. Beds are large and comfortable. Bathrooms are well sized but had an odd glass enclosed area with bathtub and standing shower beside it. AC could have been stronger but eventually cools adequately at the lowest setting.

Free breakfast was more than standard continental fare and included fresh omelettes and fruit.

Our rooms faced a side alley which still a little noisy in the evenings but OK during sleep time.

Location was was very central but we ended up using the river commuter boats every day (to see Wat Pho, Grand Palace, Wat Arun, and Asiatique) and the BTS trip to the central pier was tiring in the heat & humidity.

No swimming pool. Hotel spa is convenient and well priced.

Overall, a solid choice in central Bangkok.

Room Tip: Check the room first to make sure there is adequate AC and non-smoking (if desired).
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank canuck2s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I've stayed in this hotel over a couple of times. The rooms are generally nice and nothing beats the location of this hotel. Customer service is not the best in Thailand but it's ok since our mission during holidays is not to become buddies with the hotel staff.

My first night stay was booked online and the deluxe room was quiet, nice. With a separate booking for 2nd night (last minute), they insisted I paid walk-in rates (not online) with likely upgrade since deluxe is full. Only later i found out they gave me a deluxe and upgraded the person who checked-in later to a higher category room. I insisted to pay the online rates but they refused. For this, the hotel is totally dishonest and in my opinion, fails in customer retention totally.

Also, they fail to listen to customers' requests. For the 2nd night, i personally requested a quiet room and they gave me one which is near the main Sukhumvit road (so imagine the traffic noise till 1am) and the shower was leaking.

Despite the good location, i will not stay there anymore as I think Bangkok is a place where tourists can easily find other hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms from x01-x04 are near the main room.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I stayed here for a week in March. I had a junior suite which included a couch with seating area, mini bar/fridge, queen-sized bed, and large bathroom with shower and separate soaking tub. Room rate was very reasonable.

Good:
1. Hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
2. My room, as well as the rest of the hotel, was very clean and well-maintained.
3. Fantastic location. Less than one block to the BTS Skytrain station (Asok) and the Terminal 21 mall.

Needs improvement:
1. I emailed the hotel the day before I arrived to confirm my reservation dates. Hotel didn't respond, so I called the following day. My host had booked the wrong arrival date and the hotel was booked, so I had to stay at the Ibis the first night.
2. First world problem - the pillows are too thick. I asked for thinner pillows, but they didn't have any so I slept on folded towel for a week. The maid was kind enough to give me a pillowcase for my towel.
3. The hotel is using way too much air freshener in the lobby and the hallways. It is almost sickening.

Other than these things, it was a great stay. If I am in Bangkok again, I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Campbell, CA
Reviewed 19 March 2013

The location of the hotel is really good right on the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 15. The lobby looked really nice, but it smelled like a foot massage shop. I'm not sure what herbs they were using to make the scent, but I'm sure it was intentional, but not enjoyable by me.

My room was really nice. Very large and comfortable. The bathroom had both a shower and a tub. It was odd though as the tub was in the very large shower stall.

Since my room was on the second floor and faced soi 15, there was a bit of noise at night. This did not interfere with my sleep, but could affect light sleepers.

There was no pool at the hotel, but the breakfast was very nice.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Period of stay 19th Feb to 23rd Feb 2013 .Other than the loacation nothing to rave about. My room # was 509 Although I was travelling very light , there was nobody who offered to carry my bag . Went for shower to find there were no bath towels. They came after 30 mins. The craziest bit was the electronic safe was in the bath room . There is only one chair in the room and no table of any sort. If you have a guest comming to your room you have to go down and bring him up the lift. Can be quite irritating. Breakfast was cool. House keeping was helpful in cleaning up the room as and when asked for. There is an ATM next door and a bank for money exchange a great help . I had consumed a Coke , at check out I paid 55B but not given any receipt. I had to make sure that my CC charged slip was stamped cancelled.

Not sure if i would stay there next time

Room Tip: If you are crazy about location this is a good hotel for you.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Prabal1
Bali
Reviewed 26 January 2013

My favorite hotel down the block was sold out and I chose S15 an alternative. It did not disappoint. Location is of course great - steps from BTS Asoke and T21. The decor is pretty nice with one big problem. The shower area is not properly constructed, so when one showers the water goes everywhere, seeping through the shower door.

Wifi signal is pretty good and speed is great! One minor annoyance, they play background music in the corridors. At night, when the room is really quite, one can hear the music playing. I did complain at 10:30PM and it was turned off.

This is a good, solid hotel that I would recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 January 2013

The hotel is very modern, clean and room was great. Bathroom was really nice with a great shower, bed was comfortable and breakfast buffet was pretty decent. Service was not great-- employees were not knowledgeable on surrounding activities/restaurants and the bellboy actually put is in a tax to the WRONG airport which resulted in us missing our international flight. Location is NOT recommended, unless you enjoy utter chaos. Neighborhood is super crowded and very sleazy.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple