“Great value, yummy food!!”
Review of Suda Restaurant

Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Perth, Australia
“Great value, yummy food!!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife found this hidden, hard to find restaurant, on some websites when looking for authentic Thai restaurants in Bangkok.

It's a little hard to find, tucked away down Soi 14, off Sukhumvit, near Asoke BTS.

The food is very authentic (to us,anyway), with many locals eating in the restaurant the night we went.

Everything we ordered was really tasty, a little spicier than we are used to, but really nice. Although we didn't order them, the Satay sticks looked great, and were on almost every table. The beer was very cheap and served extremely cold.

Although the food took a little time to arrive, it was well worth the wait.

Contrary to other reviews, the service was fairly prompt, and served with the occasional smile...

• Visited April 2014

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
“Great for others, but Malaysians may find it average in comparison”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I've eaten here with my European colleagues and they absolutely love it. So for someone who is not accustomed to Asian or Thai food, this place comes recommended, and of course this place is clean despite eating semi-outdoors, and they don't have issues eating there.

As Malaysian, I'm obviously picky with food, so I would say the food is good, and I had the Pan-Naeng curry. The spice level is quite strong if you don't request for it to be turned down, coming from someone who take spicy regularly with heave spice tolerance, so check first with them.

Service takes slightly longer than some of the stall I've gone to. Prices are average, not cheap nor too expensive.

Somewhat difficult to find for first timer since it's hidden in an alley, but once you turn in to the correct alley you can't miss it.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank KangWei K
Sydney, Australia
“Go on a search for Suda.”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have been travelling to Thailand for 20+ years and over the years this restaurant has not changed one bit. The same family run it and staff it (not always the happiest bunch I must say!). BUT the food is traditional Thai food - you must try the Chilli Cashew Chicken and their Tom Yum Goong will make you think of it for months afterwards. It's a big outdoor restaurant that is busy until very late at night. It's tucked behind a Tailor near the Sheraton Sukhumvit. Treat yourself.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Nina F
Denpasar
“Nice place for dinner”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I went to this restaurant because the owner of the bnb where I stayed recommend it to me and my bf. at first I had the second thought of dining there because the place is little bit dirty. Then I started to give it a try. I had fried shrimp and chicken satay and they were delicious! Aside from the cleanliness of the restaurant, this is a good place to dine.

Singapore, Singapore
“Prices increased but still good”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Last visited them about a year ago, nothing's changed (surly service by the waitresses and run-down furniture) except that the prices have now increased somewhat. The chicken wrapped in pandan leaves, tuna with cashews, massaman green curry, chilli crabmeat curry (peeled), stir-fried veggies and chilled beers are the winners here. The fried chicken wings, tom yam goong were ordinary(especially the fired rice with chicken) and couldn't compare with the foodstall outside Central World (first one if you're coming from Platinum Mall) and I must say that we had a better meal and better prices here than at Suda.

• Visited June 2014