“A local favorite for Thais”
Review of Je Ngor's Kitchen

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Silom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I visited this restaurant on the recommendation of locals, with whom it is a favorite. This is very authentic Chinese food - perhaps a bit too authentic for some American tastes. Service was good. We ate in a small private dining room, where the atmosphere was austere. Plenty of free convenient parking.

1  Thank hearingsaver

Reviewed 13 April 2014

When my dad took us there for diner, we first did not know what to think. I am not posh but quite picky when it comes to a restaurant cleanliness and appearance. Seeing the open kitchen giving on the street, I was a bit worried. The menu is extensive and this is a kind of chain restaurant, I had a bit of my parents food before ordering myself. Their prawns in batter were delicious and perfectly cooked, not fat or soggy. I then ventured to order the sweet and sour chicken with white rice and it was tasty and crispy. Good and efficient service, don't be fooled by the *cafeteria* look, they do serve good food for an affordable price.

1  Thank LOLANetherlands
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I tried 3 seafood restaurants during my visit in Bangkok:
T&K Yaowarat, Lek & Rat Yaowarat and Je Ngor's Kitchen Sukhumvit.
Please read all my reviews for all those 3 restaurants for comparison.

In Lek&Rat and T&K restaurants, we ordered the same menu:
Grilled Prawns, Tom Yum Goong and Crab.
But in Je Ngor, we couldn't afford to order crab, since it was very expensive.
Unlike Lek&Rat and T&K, Je Ngor is a real restaurant, not a street vendor.

We ordered 3 portions here, one of them I forget the name, but the other two were crab fried rice and Tom Yum

TASTE: 6/10
Tom Yum Goong was moderate. Nothing to cheer about.
Price: 150 (small). Score: 6/10
Crab fried rice was very soft seasoned. Too dull for my taste buds.
Price: 150 (small). Score: 6/10

SERVICE: 9/10
Friendly staffs

PRICE: 5/10
The price of the crab is quite stellar here.
But the price was written clearly in the menu, it was 160 Bath per ounce.
And they said their crab weigh at least 8 ounce, and max 1,2 kg. So do the math.

1  Thank OneXaverio
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

the table is covered with the plastic sheet where u can see the dirt stains. the crab we ordered was okay..not much of wow factor here.. not many customers when we went for the dinner... would look for cleaner and better place....

1  Thank hansoo
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This is a chain of restaurants but owner and her staff are at the restaurant on Soi 39 near the sheraton hotel. You would normally walk by the restaurant but what a mistake if you like seafood.
They use local fresh ingrdiants and are great with garlic items, I have eaten there at least 50 times over the years and it is consisitanty good.