“they need to close for maintanance!”

Suan Dusit Place Hotel
Ranked #639 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 5 December 2013

perhaps it was a really bad week for them, but the rooms were not ready, the shower didn't work, there was no hot water, only one light was working.... Arrrrrgh! They took messages at the desk but didn't have the person's name/ number/ or any useful detail! It was really unprofessional. The only positive was that the staff were always polite and always helpful.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the high floors - the lower you are the more noisy and because of the level change...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank KeralaLily

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I had my own doubts about this hotel, as it is managed by Suan Dusit Rajabhat University itself.Thought professional touch would be missing.My two nights stay proved me completely wrong.Great location, excellent ambiance and pleasant, smiling staff at front desk rendered my stay memorable.I made a presentation in an International Conference. The dining experience, polite service, regular change of sheets and towels etc by house keeping department made me wonder whether I was in a much touted five star hotel.Absolutely satisfied.Bath rooms were neat and well maintained.Respectful approach makes the staff so special.They are very kind too.Check in and Check out are gently, smoothly carried on.

Cleanliness in and out side the rooms was impeccable.Response to inquiries on telephone were always narked by due respect and concern for the guest. Even at a late hour Vegetable Fried Rice was specially prepared and served in my room.Mini bar, coffee /tea maker , regular replenishment of consumables [ free as well as those that were charged], well functioning A.C. elevated zones of my comfort in this beautiful hotel.

When I had very little time and desired to visit the Grand palace and get back, so as to rush to Suvarna Bhoomi Airport to catch my flight, front desk helped me immensely with proper guidance and the way I needed to handle the cab drivers.I was clean bowled by the unforeseen discount at the time of check out . I was touched when they said," You are our guest who came all the way to Bangkok to attend the conference.This is our way of saying thank you!"So sweet of them!Complementary break fast and dinner were good.I could not use their spa services, as my schedule was tight.They have a gift shop to boot.Ample number of smooth functioning elevators added to the delightful experience.

I will stay in this cozy hotel again and again because they treat their gusts with such regard, serving and responding with a sweet smile.

Suan Dusit Rajabhat University authorities and those directly concerned with management of this lovely place deserve all commendations and salutations from guests like me.Thank you all!

Room Tip: By and large all rooms are good.As this hotel is on the Principal road with absolute security, noise...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Indiantourist2011
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Saun Dusit Rajabhat University,Suan Dusit International Culinary School,To a professional chef.At Dusita Restaurant,Have many thai foods,Such as,Pad Thai(The standard formula.),
Winged Bean Salad,Beef or chicken mussaman curry,Som Tam,Bags of gold(snacke),etc.Thailand has delicious food standards.Best,Should maintain a reputation and standard,The delicious.Control and regulate every aspect,To international standards,Clean.

Saun Dusit Place Hotel,Advance booking is required. Because full time.

Room Tip: Saun Dusit Place Hotel,Advance booking is required. Because full time.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thailand5300
Reviewed 13 March 2013

i came from Nakhonsithammarat with my friends for taking an exam in BKK. My friend recommend this hotel to be our choice so we choose this hotel. i think it's a nice place. it's very clean and quite good. it imprinted me so much and it's not far from here to my destination. i think it's cheap but the receptionist is not good enough because maybe we are children. There is SEVEN-ELEVEN near this hotel so we can buy anything that we want! we had so much fun! the one thing that i dont like is i try to call them to order the breakfast so many time!! until she pick up the phone..... if you ask me will i go to this again? i would say yes! coz that's the place made me meet someone. fall in love

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank CHERRY_HOMIE
Reviewed 14 September 2012

You will need to check latest prices, but this place once offered excellent value and has a pool, I believe. The breakfast is ordinary and I have noted the recent comment about the Internet Cafe. Let's hope there has been a positive response and/or solution.

Location is also an important consideration, since it will not be convenient for those seeking to travel around central Sukhumvit. If you're visiting Vinmanek Palace or Grand Palace, this place would seem to offer an affordable, practical solution.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Excellence hotel good service lovely breakfast....defenitely recommened......found a good deal.......we did look few hotel but this was in main town east excess to station n nice reataurant.There was sidesight just opposite hotel.And night market was easy excess to hotel n massage spa also was near by.....Bascially everything was convient.....Enjoyed the stay......will defenitely go back......

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aruna8
Reviewed 5 April 2010

This property is very basic (Holiday Inn grade), but it is clean and close to many attractions. It is next to the Dusit Zoo & the original Vimanmek Teak Palace. It is a 100 THB ride from the major shopping areas of downtown Bangkok. Also important, it is in one of the quieter areas of town, and is also part of the Rajabhat University complex. The King of Thailand resides just a few blocks away from here.

The in-house restaurant serves Thai meals that are reasonably priced, tasty, and the selection is good. Massage treatments are also available for a small fee. If you want to be pampered, then this is not the place for you. The hotel generally caters to out-of-town teachers, parents of students or convention attendees at the University. English speaking staff struggle to communicate, but they try hard, and welcome the opportunity to try.

Definitely good value for the budget shopper.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple