Baiyoke Boutique Hotel
US$159
US$255
US$229
Okura Hotels
All reviewstallest buildingratchaprarop stationpratunam areaairport rail linktuk tuksiam paragonpad thaishopping mall5mins
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I have stayed at the Baiyoke Boutique many times over the years. I like its proximity to the sky train so it is easy to get to and from the airport. It is also in the middle of the shopping, so great for last minute. It is down a little back street. I have always found the staff helpful, in particular the bell boys. Over all I see this accommodation as basic. Great use of materials and colour, but over the years it has faded somewhat. Basically cleanish. We were given a pool ticket to the Baiyoke Sky Tower Hotel. Went over for a swim, found unhelpful staff, who directed us to the empty pool, that looked like it had not been used for months. No one in either hotel said that the pool was out of use. I will continue to stay here for its location.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2013

The rooms all have different colour themes, very vibrant. Although, a tad bit old, perhaps the hotel could do some refurbishment. Very nice and helpful staff as well. Very near to bangkok shopping and street food.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I would like to express my gratitude to the hotel staff especially staff from concierge. Thanks for helping us to reach our destination with passion and making our self-planned trip better.

Price:
I booked this hotel along with some local tour via an online agent. The price is extremely low and worth the stay. I just paid 3k baht+ for a 4D3N stay in baiyoke and chaophraya cruise dinner and calypso cabaret.

How to get there:
Once we get off from the plane, we took the airport link to Ratchaparok station. There is a small silent path that lead us to the hotel. But we chose the main road and end up took extra 15mins to reach the hotel. Main road looks safer though.

Check in:
Front Office assistants were friendly and efficient. We get our room card within 5mins. Thanks! There was a funny part here, where I can't wait to ask the staff which floor will they arranged for us because one of the review here about fifth floor scares me out. Fortunately I got the room from 8th floor.

Room and breakfast:
The room is not big and limited view from the small window. The bed and bathroom are clean. It is true that some wooden furniture in the room is old and torn. But that doesn't matter as most of our time would be out to visit and shopping. One reason that pull down the rating is that it is quite uncomfortable and hard to have a good rest because of the trains. No choice, the hotel is built right beside the railway. Use ear plug and enjoy your good sleep! Breakfast is good. Not much choices if compared to 5 stars buffet but it is more than enough as a breakfast. I like its pork sausage and cream soup. nyum nyum~

Going out: (Concierge)
Seek help from concierge (at the hotel entrance) whenever you're not sure how to get to our destination. They are so helpful and always greet and smile with you. This brighten my day and is a good start of my shopping trip or sight-seeing trip. They would send you to the pratunam market or main road (to get taxi) by using buggy. Thank you very much!

Cafe:
Foods from the cafe is good. Try their Phad Thai! The waitress is polite and friendly.

Overall, it is a pleasant stay and I will definitely come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to request a room that has less noise from railway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Fifiy_Lim
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I would come back to this hotel - there's no doubt about it. We met nice staff, willing to help at any time. No problems with English. They have great food - we had breakfasts that were heavenly tasty. In-room service was excellent - we ordered so much food and everything was delicious.
There wasn't any view from our room - it would be so nice to have a view. There were some pipes and AC outside our window so we couldn't see anything although it was the 8th floor. The room was clean, painted gray with some warm additions - very nice and modern. I always tread hotel rooms as just "a must" during my trips but in Thailand you can have some additional luxury for a low price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with any view and check out if there is a view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sendmeasmile
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The hotel staff are generally friendly and good service oriented which are the plus points. Amenities in the hotel are okay (except for a pathetic 20 inch tv in a standard room) and lived up to the budget price which were set other. Overall, there are no major hiccups or bad experiences during my stay with my friends for the past 3 nights. The only hiccup was one day that the hotel staff forgotten to tidy up our room despite us hanging the 'room service' label outside the door while we were out. Otherwise, I would just rate it an average hotel which barely lived up to their price, okay but not good/great.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends