“Loved the Service Staff.....”

Baiyoke Boutique Hotel
Ranked #589 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 6 March 2009

When I recall our Baiyoke stay experience, I still feel so nostalgic and am full with such mixed feelings. My husband and me were on our honeymoon in Thailand, we had finished our Phuket trip and it was our first day in Bangkok when we check in at Baiyoke. To look at firstly it is a very pretty looking hotel, they have played with really nice colours and the lobby decor is very pleasant to look at. The Front Office staff is extremely friendly minus some of them having langauge issues as most of the people in Thailand are not that fluent with English.The bell desk staff could be a more helpful as there was no one to carry our luggage and we had to carry our own luggage. The location of this hotel is one of the best. It is in the midst of all the possible shopping areas. It is a very good location for people who specially come to shop in Bangkok. All the streets are flooded with shops & it is very close to the biggest shopping plazas in Bangkok. The hotel also offers you a free shuttle service to the mall and the shuttle leaves evry 20 minutes, so thats an another advantage of stayng here.What more, makes this hotel worth the stay is that though the hotel is right in the centre of all the hussle bussel of the city, it still is not right on the road, there is quiet lane which is not even 2 minutes from the main area to get to this hotel, this makes the hotel location a quieter one.
Another advantage being the tallest hotel in Bangkok, Baiyoke Sky which is one of the main interesting tourist attraction is stones away from Baiyoke Bouique, the boutique hotel also offers discount vouchers for Baiyoke sky which makes the stay even more worth. Getting to the rooms, the rooms are very clean. The first room that we initially were booked in looked a bit old as the hotel was in midst of some renewation, so we got ourselves upgarded to higher category room which was good enough, though yellow lights would have been a better option then white lights. The hotel is full of white lights incase one of you is just like me who cant do without yellow lights. Getting to the service, I must say that the guest relations and front office staff is super fantastic. They had kept a nice cake for us in the room and before choosing our final room we made the guest relation lady Yuki who by the way was too beautiful, show us more then 10 rooms..you know how it is when you are on honeymoon right?????but she without any hesitance showed us around and let us choose from variety of options. The most important part of the stay as I have mentioned was the service staff...why? the answer is : It is true we were on our honeymoon and we were having a great time but we got a call there which changed the whole scene for us, my dad in law had suffered from a massive heart attack and we were called back. It was our 1st day there and we had already paid for 7 days and also some extra bucks for the upgrade ( There are some great offers for upgrades too in this hotel) , had it been for some other hotel they would have never refunded our money back, but this hotel did, they didnt charge a 1 extra buck for our cancellation and this is all thanks to one of the senior front office staff member Aun. I must say he is one of the most wonderful human beings I have ever come across, and he should be truly blessed, he worked over time for us just to get our payments in place. We were not getting our flight so they also offered us to stay till the time our flights were done, so we stayed there for total of 2 nights, in such cases most of the hotels deny you a room for better business but Baiyoke staff was kind enough not to do that.Though Aun told us that it would take almost 1 month for our money to be credited back , it only took less then 2 weeks for the credit thanks to him.
So the overall experience was great, we made the most of it in 2 tensed days while we were there, thanks to Yuki & Aun, food was great, the hotel is priced well, great for families considering that not many hotels in Bangkok are good for a family stay, so I would recomend it for couples and families with children, this hotel is an absolute safe & so is my dad in law now!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Baiyoke Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 3 March 2009

I spend 5D/4N in Baiyoke Boutique. The only thing impress is the service from the staff. People here is very friendly and helpful and the decor in lobby is beautiful.
But other than this, i dun find anything else is good.

I booked a deluxe room with king size bed (i booked through Baiyoke Boutique official website and i had add in note/remarks for king size bed and i paid 10% as booking fee) and the hotel had accepted my booking. At the end, they only have twin bed deluxe room for me. they offer me a superior room with king size bed, i accepted it (which i dun think i have other choice). And the room looks very different from the net. I am very disappointed with the room. It looks dirty in the room. Carpet is dirty and luckily it doesnt come with bad smell.

There are a lot of noise at night. I dun really have a good sleep for my trip to bangkok. A lot of noise from the street and the drunk tourist from others room.
But the location for the hotel is good for those who like to go shopping. Platinum Mall is nearby and there is night market nearby at night.

I think Baiyoke Boutique can do better than this.... :(

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bibi921
Reviewed 26 February 2009

Our taxi driver initially stopped outside Baiyoke Sky hotel entrance, one of the three chains of Baiyoke hotels. However the Boutique was further in about a minutes stroll from the main entrance. The lobby area is very funky, modern and trendy. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful (evyerone in Thailand is!!). However, the elevators stop on a landin platform in between floors and my friend and I (being girls) had two very heavy suitcases to lug upstairs, albeit about 5steps. The rooms are more like apartment style living than hotel. It looks like they have renovated and have put some trendy touches in the room, however the bathroom still looked quite old. But water pressure in the shower is good. The bathroom sink would not drain unless you held the plug up. We had american buffet breakfast included in our accomodation package. Nothing much to report here. They do a big range of different styled eggs. Overall, the hotel is a step up from backpackers but not quite within the hotel range. You get what you pay.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2009

Read some of the other travellers' reviews, got to agree with them. If you are looking for value for money, this hotel will meet your objective. Room is comfortable with basic stuff like hot water in bathroom, hair dryer, soap & shampoo, bottled water supplied daily, safe. Location is near shopping areas like Platinum Mall, Big C. MBK is slightly further, about 30min walk. We also get to use the swimming pool and fitness centre at Baiyoke Sky Hotel.

Carpet needs some cleaning. All rooms are in between lift landing, so need to climb up or down everytime we come back from a long day walk. Breakfast spread is average, not fantastic. Another disappointment is that my room is facing the railway tracks. Early morning before 7am, the train commotion woke me up. In addition, birds start chirping very loudly just outside my bathroom before sunrise, hope the management will do something to improve this.

Nevertheless, I am quite satisfied overall for the price I paid and the service I received.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2009

This is a part of our 21-day trip to asia and we stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. It's good value and we paid about 50USD/per night w/ free breakfast.
Stayed at Baiyoke Boutique Hotel from 9 - 11 of Nov 2008.
Very nice botique hotel. Hotel staff were nice and friendly. Willing to help in any request. They can also help you book normal taxi to the airport.
Great location! You'll love this place if you love to shop for cheap stuff. Very near Platinium Mall, Pratunam area. Walking distance to Central World, Big C, Pantip Mall. Night markets near the hotel.
Limited breakfast selection. Free bottled water is also provided every day. We tried the buffet spread at Baiyoke Sky for the view, 50% for those staying here, so reasonable price (300++ baht). This includes entrance to the viewing deck.

Service - Front Office staff helpful. Helped me to book international buffet dinner at sister hotel - Baiyoke Sky

Rooms- Towels look old and carpets had little stains. Its just a little old but was not that bad.

One minus point about the hotel is that the lift are located in between the floors thus you would have to climb up and down flights of stairs. A bit tiring after a hard day shopping and worst still during check-out time, unless you want to call the bellboy to assist. Not stroller friendly.

Overall, it's a good value.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank aquarianne11
Reviewed 13 January 2009

The Baiyoke Boutique Hotel is good for those budget conscious travellers and is centrally located.

Value for money:
Go to the hotel's website for specials.
The only downside to this is when I tried to pay my 10% deposit on their website it crashed and had to wait about 24hrs to get confirmation from the hotel that they'd received my deposit.

Staff:
The staff were extremely helpful, especially the security personnel at the front door and the staff in breakfast hall.

Location:
Lots of well priced massage parlours and markets stalls around the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2009

We have made our reservation directly with the hotel website, and we got a great deal, in peak season we paid 3,400 BAHT for 2 weekend nights (20/12 Saturday - 22/12 Sunday) in a Deluxe Room, including breakfast.
On arrival to the hotel, check-in was a breeze while we were welcomed with orange juice, which was quite refreshing in the Bangkok December heat. We stayed on the 6th floor, which looked like they just completed renovating it, even the room smelt like new. The room was very nice and modern, with air conditioning, Queen size bed (cushions were terribly hard), LCD TV, Minibar, Safe and a Couch. The bathroom was decent (bath and shower together) with hot water at all times. House keeping would come once a day and make up the room and supply with fresh towels. Breakfast was not my favorite part of the hotel, but if coffee, heart shaped eggs on toast and fruits is good enough for you it's all good :)
The hotel location is brilliant, in the heart of Pratunam shopping district, with many streets, market and department stores to choose from. MBK shopping center, Patpong & Kawason streets and all other areas are 10 minutes away by Took-Tooks.
Overall I think I can say this hotel is excellent value for money in a great location in Bangkok, the hotel is very funky and modern (looks exactly like on the website), the staff is very helpful and friendly, and in the end of the day Bangkok is not where u want to spend big cash on hotels.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)