“Average food, but very obliging staff!”
Review of Secret Garden

Secret Garden
Ranked #442 of 10,943 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sathorn
Singapore
“Average food, but very obliging staff!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I brought my aunt and uncle to Secret Garden for a dinner and we were disappointed with the dishes ordered, which included grilled seabass, clear soup with toufu, vegetables and minced pork, black pepper soft shell crab and mixed vegetables.

The grilled seabass was a major let-down. I was expecting it to be as good as what you can find at Somboon Seafood Restaurant, but no, the Secret Garden version was off by a mile. My aunt also complained that the black pepper soft shell crab was overly salty, which I agreed. The remaining two dishes we had were quite unremarkable.

But the Secret Garden does have its saving grace. When I asked the restaurant manager if she knew where I could get some antacid pills for a relative who was too ill to join us for dinner, she said the nearest pharmacy would be too far to walk to and she volunteered to have one of her staff ride his bike to get the pills for me. This was an act of kindness which I will forever appreciate.

To be fair to the Secret Garden Restaurant, I have only tried four dishes on its extensive menu, and didn't order anything from its bakery, located next door to the restaurant, which appeared to be very popular.

I would go back to the Secret Garden to sample more of its dishes. Who knows, I just might be proven wrong on the second visit!

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Alta, Norway
“Treat yourself!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Even though the main street is just outside, the garden which is on the backside is a sanctuary both in quiet and food.
The prices are a bit high, but the food is delicious!
Staff is very friendly and service minded, and helpful if you have kids.
We just visited this culinary masterpiece once during our stay in Bangkok, but i will for sure go back if I ever return to Bangkok :)

Visited April 2014
Singapore
“Pretty Place”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Such a pretty place. Considerate service - despite it being almost full-house on a weekday night. Not as sharp hot-spicy like the local street thai - go elsewhere for that - but i would say the dishes were prepared well. if you choose to sit outside, the place is scented with citronella to keep the bugs away.

Visited March 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Choice”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I as in Bangkok between 2/8 and 2/13, 2014. I do not remember the exact night that I ate at this restaurant. I found it just by walking around the district where I was staying (Chong Nonsi). The atmosphere is very pleasant, secluded from the street. I sat on the outside porch of he restaurant. The staff was very friendly and bug spray was even offered as I was dining outdoors. I enjoyed my dish it was seasoned enough for me as I do not like spicy and specified that everywhere I ate. The price was very reasonable and I enjoyed the opportunity to have a Western style dessert. I have the business card and I would definitely return if I have the opportunity to return to Bangkok.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Ms. Dixon
London, United Kingdom
“Go and try”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Well worth the visit for the overall dining experience. Extensive menu and the option to dine inside or outside away from the busy road on which the restaurant is located. The staff are helpful and can guide you through the menu according to your taste.

• Visited June 2013