“Great value for money”

Ranked #267 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Marikina, Philippines
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Location is walking distance to Asoke BTS (Terminal 21 shopping mall and Soi Cowboy) which makes it convenient if you need to take the sky train around Bangkok. Rooms are large, modern and clean. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Reasonable prices if you're not on a backpackers' budget but definitely worth it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank vfloro
Bjorn R, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Sukhumvit 24, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fine review!

The entire team and I are all very glad to learn that you find our property a great value for money, and our central location so convenient!

We are all very much looking forward to welcoming you back home to Oakwood in the near future!

Bjorn Richardson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 22 August 2014

stay would be better if the towels and bed sheets have the crisp and freshness feeling. I feel that these were not washed well.

the carpets in the room give a feel that they have been vaccum in a long time.

the lightings in the room is not right enough at the sofa area.

this is compensated with friendly staff.

looking forward improvements.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fine review, the team and I are all very glad that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our service of the highest standard!

Your points are well noted, and I am pleased to share with you that we are in the midst of changing our laundry supplier, and that we are also finalising our refurbishment plans, which include addressing the lighting as well as changing our carpets to a laminated floor. In addition, we are up-grading our internet speed and connectivity in the entire property.

We look forward to welcoming you back home to Oakwood soon again!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I pretty much always stay at Oakwood apartments whenever I go to Bangkok. The are two main positives to this particular residence --- 1st it is extremely well located - very close to a BTS stop and also to Sukhumvit Road. If you want to get a cab, the staff will go out into the heat to get one for you. If you don't speak Thai, the staff will tell the driver where you need to go --- so you spend the least amount of time waiting outside. This is a blessing in the hotter months. If you are a bit more adventurous, the location lends itself to the motorcycle taxis --- an easy way to beat the traffic!
The second positive is the value. It is a lot cheaper than most of the other hotels of it's class -- It is probably in terms of the physical product -- the 3/4 star hotel. However, you have to note that this is not a full service hotel. So you will not necessarily get the same type of service.
Nevertheless, the staff service levels are high and they will generally make as much effort to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
The other benefit of staying at a serviced apartment over a hotel for me is that you get the quietness of being at home, while getting the service of a hotel. I never heard another guest except in the morning when room doors were shutting

During this trip I had issues with connecting to wifi throughout my stay. The wifi is not the fastest, but I've never experienced it as bad as this before. I was always in so much of a rush, I never really got the chance to talk to someone at the front desk about it and so didn't say anything. Oakwood actually sent me a feedback form a few days later and I made a comment about the wifi ... and to their absolute credit they came back to me within a couple of hours with many assurances that they would a) look into it to make sure it doesn't reoccur and b) have someone assist me when I check in next to make sure I do it right --- that is service!!!
The other comment I would have, is that this Oakwood also suffers from the slightly damp smell that the other Oakwood does. I think this would easily be solved by having a stronger AC throughout the common areas as it doesn't feel very cool - I think this might also make the whole experience more comfortable.

The breakfast is perfectly adequate and I never saw more than a few people at a time when I was eating. You have the usual mix of precooked food, but eggs, bacon and sausages are cooked to order which is great.
I never tried the restaurant at dinner time, so I can't make any comments on that except that they provide meals for lunch and dinner.

Would I stay here again? Well ... I am already booked to stay again later this year ... If that isn't a ringing endorsement what is?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Gl0beTrekka
Bjorn R, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Sukhumvit 24, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your continued patronage of Oakwood, and for your great review! We are all very glad to learn that you enjoy not only our service and facilities, but also our personalized service. Nothing gives us more pride than welcoming our return guests back home to Oakwood, thank you again for your ringing endorsement!

Thank you also for the good comments on the restaurant, we will definitely share this with our restaurant operator. The Admiral's Pub & Restaurant @ 24 enjoy a loyal crowd for lunch and dinner, and is well worth a visit!

We have also noted the issue of the lack of air-conditioning in the corridors, unfortunately the corridors are not fitted with air-conditioning but ventilated with fresh air as a per the design of the property.

Finally, please accept our apologies again for the problems experienced with Internet during your stay. We have now spoken to our internet provider, who have recently installed a new version of the guest internet software in the property. This software is being fine-tuned and should both increase the speed as well as make the connection more stable. We also have 24-hour access to trouble-shooting the internet via phone, and will be on stand-by for your next visit.

The team and I are now all looking forward to welcoming you back home to Oakwood soon again!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Superb value for $, Incredibly kind and generous staff, we needed a v late check out as our next venue wouldn't be ready till early evening, it was granted instantly! Comfortable, clean. The only thing i would say that was disappointing is the water pressure in the shower. Other than that....you get exactly what you pay for. Perfect central serviced apartment.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Bjorn R, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Sukhumvit 24, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us while in Bangkok, and for your excellent review!

The team and I are very happy to we managed to meet your expectations, and that we were able to showcase our service commitment!

We are all looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back home to Oakwood many more times!

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is a pretty new property and is in a super convenient location. Its well priced and the staff are brilliant. Its a very safe property, great design and super well equipped rooms. Really not a negative word to say.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to Oakwood as your home while in Bangkok, and your excellent review!

The team and I are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and all look forward to welcoming you back home many more times!

Mumbai
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is my 3rd,. time to the Hotel in the last 3 years and once again the stay was good, the rooms were clean, the location is excellent and the staff was helpful. Would definitely like to go back for my next stay next year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bjorn R, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Sukhumvit 24, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your continued patronage and for your excellent comments!

It is always a pleasure to welcome our regular guests back home, and the entire team and I all look forward to your next visit!

Pune
Reviewed 18 November 2013

It's a beautifull property to stay in Bangkok in the heart of the city. I stayed here for 3 nights and was amazed by the services. The welcome by the Front office associate Ms. Panthip was very warm. She helped me with the site visit details and even gave me brief information about the travelling part too. Also i would like to thank Virath for all the help.The room was spacious and interor was beautifully done. The rooms are equipped with kitchenette facilities...if you are planning to go with your family then this is the best place in the city to stay. The swimming pool on the rof top is awesome, you can actually view the city from here.The hotel is conveniently located as you walk for 3 mins and you come to the sky train station which will take you to different shopping and sight seeing destinations. I am sure that if i am travelling again i am gonna stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Bjorn R, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Sukhumvit 24, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review!

The team and I are all very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us us, and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back home to Oakwood soon again!