Mango Lagoon Place
US$131
US$257
US$229
Okura Hotels
All reviewshot waterkhao san roadstayed heresimple hotelsoi rambuttrisuite roomair conditioningminute walkgreat poolswimming pool islovely hotelrooms are cleangood sizenoisetvfloortemple
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My room was plain and the furnishings very dated (and not in a good way), but considering what I paid, it was good value for a large room with A/C, a view over the river, and a large private bathroom. The bedding was also very nice. Still, I only stayed one night because I cringed everytime I looked at the wall-to-wall carpet--something that's almost unheard of in the tropics--and the room smelled of stale cigarette smoke. But I ended up with a room elsewhere with no A/C and no private bath for almost the same price--and in April, you definitely need A/C.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2011

It's right in the thick of a buzzing street, walking distance to all kinds of bars, restaurants, street food... The rooms are decent and set back a little from the hustle and noise of Soi Rambutri. If you like cheesy, pulsing neighborhoods this is a great little spot to hang out for a few days. For less than 30 USD you get a decent, clean room.

If you can't wait to get out of Bangkok or just need a place to sleep, there are cheaper options.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dougx
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I should have put this on Trip Adviser in 2006. I stayed at Mango Lagoon on the fourth floor for two months in August / September 2006. I went out for dinner one night and withdrew 23, 000 baht from the yellow bank at the beginning of Rambutree Road, to buy some stock at China town the next day. I went to bed around midnight and as always checked that the windows and door were locked. The next morning I woke around 7am with a headache (not from excess alcohol) and got ready for breakfast. My wallet was there but my mobile phone was missing? I guessed I must have left it at the restaurant where I had dinner. After breakfast in Rambutree road, I went to pay my bill and found that I had nothing in my wallet!!! I went back to my room and realised that the window was open. Someone had unscrewed the window lock from within, so that the window looked locked, but in fact it wasn't. I told the girl on reception and she and the security guard inspected the lock. They both agreed that it was an INSIDE JOB! I asked to see the owner but he was not available. I reported it to the tourist police and they advised me that I would have been gassed. They spray "knock out gas" through the air conditioner on the ledge outside the room. So I wrote in the day book every day that I wanted to see the owner and would not pay further for my room, until he met with me. On the evening of the fifth day, the receptionist was embarrassed to tell me that the owner had told her that unless I paid immediately, I had to get out. So I did. The next day at breakfast I met two American ladies, one of whom was robbed at Mango Lagoon exactly the same way the previous year!

Room Tip: Stay at the Siam Riverside in Phra Athit road on the river. Excellent!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
11  Thank Tony W
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I stay at the Mango Lagoon Place too many times and I like it. Staffs are nice and friendly ,service is good .I never have a problem staying there.You can try .

Room Tip: For discount can contact with the receptionist.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sarocha d
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Stayed here 2 times in 6 years and some things have changed but not much bigger restaurant is upgraded and still has good food. The room we had was nice not killer but worked as stay over night before going to Phuket. A/C was not the best and no fridge in room that sucks, but hotel is cheap in price. This place is close to everything but quite at the same time. Temple right next door and lots to do. Food is everywhere and cheap all street food is great and should be eaten. So many more people and places to hang out with live music and the worlds people.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends