“Great Location & a good budget option”
Review of Mango Lagoon Place

Mango Lagoon Place
Ranked #472 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Booked & stayed in one of the better rooms. Not sure what the standard rooms are like, but mine was great. Room was surprisingly good size and really comfortable compared to a lot of others in this area. Nice & clean. Bed was very comfortable. Good clean bathroom & everything worked. There is a decent restaurant downstairs (although a bit pricey compared to most other places around here), and can also have a few drinks there & watch English Premier League soccer on the TVs in the front part. The hotel is set back from the road behind the restaurant, so don't get noise from the street. The lower floors can be impacted by noise from the restaurant, but if you get a room on an upper floor, you don't get the noise. Fantastic location & close to everything you need. Pleasant stay. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 December 2012

The mango lagoon is in a prime location ust near khao san road. but it's on a quieter street so at night, there isnt much noise. the rooms are simple and clean but do have air conditioning and a television which is a plus. you can also upgrade to have a mini fridge and bath tub. i've stayed here several times and have been pleased each time. but wifi isn't free and it costs about $3 a day and isn't all that awesome

Room Tip: ask for a room closer to the ground. there is no elevator
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I've stayed here quite a few times now & have always had an comfortable & enjoyable stay. The standard rooms a simple, but they are big , have cable TV, hot water, A/C & a nice big window. The reception staff are always friendly & helpful. The restaurant is a little expensive, though, but there are plenty of other options close-by. i'll definately stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I stayed here in August 2012, and thought it was very decent. Rooms and bathroom were very clean. It's in a great location, close to all the restaurants and bars, and shopping. Has a nice lil' restaurant in the lobby with good food. The rooms have AC which is a huge plus. I highly recommend if you are looking for a place to stay in Bangkok for a night or 2!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My room was plain and the furnishings very dated (and not in a good way), but considering what I paid, it was good value for a large room with A/C, a view over the river, and a large private bathroom. The bedding was also very nice. Still, I only stayed one night because I cringed everytime I looked at the wall-to-wall carpet--something that's almost unheard of in the tropics--and the room smelled of stale cigarette smoke. But I ended up with a room elsewhere with no A/C and no private bath for almost the same price--and in April, you definitely need A/C.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2011

It's right in the thick of a buzzing street, walking distance to all kinds of bars, restaurants, street food... The rooms are decent and set back a little from the hustle and noise of Soi Rambutri. If you like cheesy, pulsing neighborhoods this is a great little spot to hang out for a few days. For less than 30 USD you get a decent, clean room.

If you can't wait to get out of Bangkok or just need a place to sleep, there are cheaper options.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dougx
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I should have put this on Trip Adviser in 2006. I stayed at Mango Lagoon on the fourth floor for two months in August / September 2006. I went out for dinner one night and withdrew 23, 000 baht from the yellow bank at the beginning of Rambutree Road, to buy some stock at China town the next day. I went to bed around midnight and as always checked that the windows and door were locked. The next morning I woke around 7am with a headache (not from excess alcohol) and got ready for breakfast. My wallet was there but my mobile phone was missing? I guessed I must have left it at the restaurant where I had dinner. After breakfast in Rambutree road, I went to pay my bill and found that I had nothing in my wallet!!! I went back to my room and realised that the window was open. Someone had unscrewed the window lock from within, so that the window looked locked, but in fact it wasn't. I told the girl on reception and she and the security guard inspected the lock. They both agreed that it was an INSIDE JOB! I asked to see the owner but he was not available. I reported it to the tourist police and they advised me that I would have been gassed. They spray "knock out gas" through the air conditioner on the ledge outside the room. So I wrote in the day book every day that I wanted to see the owner and would not pay further for my room, until he met with me. On the evening of the fifth day, the receptionist was embarrassed to tell me that the owner had told her that unless I paid immediately, I had to get out. So I did. The next day at breakfast I met two American ladies, one of whom was robbed at Mango Lagoon exactly the same way the previous year!

Room Tip: Stay at the Siam Riverside in Phra Athit road on the river. Excellent!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business