Stayed at this hotel to attend a PATA Conference and my immediate impression was wow. Thailand is known as the land of smiles and thats definitely what we got the minute we arrived after a somewhat hair raising trip from the airport - Bangkok traffic is an adventure for sure. My room was on the 36th floor so I got a grand view of the city. I stayed in a deluxe room which was spacious and well appointed with a great layout for the bathroom. I never got to use the bath though I was tempted but instead opted to hog the shower which in itself was pure heaven with its many water spouts. The hotel is a major convention centre so it had many additional services and shops and I took advantage of the hair salon for the conference banquet dinner (i missed out on getting a silk suit made -$120 with shirt and scarf- given the number of international delegates in attendance) but I took advantage of buying quality silk scarves as gifts and enjoyed being able to negotiate a price. The main restaurant was sublime - I could've sat in there and indulged in the buffet menu the whole four days we were there - from western to asian the choice was incredible and the dessert bar was a complete wow!! Pointless eating out with an eatery like that available. On our first night we went onto the top floor restaurant on Level 52 where later in the week other convention events were held. I definitely felt under dressed and lacking in a wardrobe as it was rather exclusive looking with the clientele - however it was wonderful to see a selection of NZ wines on the menu. With 30deg humidity at 9pm it was surreal eating with the city lights and other high rises around you and felt like eating in a sauna as even the breeze was hot. Definitely felt overdone on my first night but headed to the spa available in the hotel and for a reasonable rate enjoyed a wonderful massage. In fact I always judge a quality massage by the ability to fall asleep but feel like your body has been soothed. The spa itself the decor was quite opulent and the women very petite and pretty. The drink i had afterwards was very refreshing and i was in my bed sleeping like a baby suffering no after effects of a long flight. As a result I returned twice during my stay. I wondered out to the malls that the hotel linked itself to and quite frankly you could spend your whole time at the hotel without having to step outside. The rooftop pool was another divine experience - cooling and refreshing and with all the amenties available to enjoy a quite cocktail or two.
As it was a business trip that was sponsored I am unsure of the full cost but I would expect it was at the top end for Bangkok. Too modern to have that hollywood feel as other hotels we visited were but definitely affordable for the modern tourist. I would love to return just to enjoy the city sights and shopping more and get that grand feeling!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Bangkok, the hotel seamlessly connects to its own convention centre and shopping centre. The 505 rooms and suites are beautifully spacious (up to 387 sq m.) and boast panoramic views. For leisure, there’s a 25-metre pool, a spa, tennis courts, and a fitness centre. The hotel is a phenomenal dining destination, with Redsky rooftop restaurant & bar, a champagne bar, and a Tapas bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Agoda, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand at CentralWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre At Centralworld: Hotel Bangkok
- Centara Grand And Bangkok Convention Centre At Centralworld:
- Centara Grand At Centralworld Bangkok