Centara Grand at CentralWorld
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$113
Okura Hotels
US$536
US$516
2,839 results
All reviewscentral worldred skyuno masworld restaurantworld clubconvention centersky barshopping malltennis courtssky walkstar hotelthe ground floorclub floorplatinum mallsiam centrebig cdirect access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

It's my first time to stay at this hotel because I attended a convention in their convention center. I'm quite amaze with their room, spacious enough and the bathroom is very clean and big enough. The location is good the hotel is connected to central world mall. On the side is the isetan mall and in front is Big C mall. Every angle are surrounded by mall and restaurant. Generally Accessible to all your needs. Definitely will come back.

• Stayed: September 2013
12  Thank singkil
CGCW, Manager at Centara Grand at CentralWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Tripadvisor Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your review.

Also it is wonderful that you feel you received attentive service. It’s something our staff takes great pride in. I will pass your compliments on to them.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Overall the hotel is just fine but I do not see how this is a 5 star property.

Check in
I arrived early afternoon and had no problem getting into my room. The front desk staff was very friendly and moved me right along. Everything that I booked was correct on the invoice.

Room
I can say the rooms are very nice but I just don't see the 5 star amenities. I have stayed in 3 star that were just as nice.
I had a king and it was a large room with enough space to move around and put all my belongings. There was a chair and long desk to place everything. Plus there were free bottles of water in the room.

Bathroom
This was pretty nice and had a rain shower. I had no problem with hot water and the towels were nice.

Staff
The staff was so friendly and helpful whenever i had a question. There were a few (I wish I knew names) that were exceptional. Especially one gentleman at the bell desk.

Maid Service
The rooms were cleaned beautifully. (I did leave a tip everyday so I don't know if that got me better service.) My only complaint was they moved something under my backpack and I thought they threw it away.

TV
No problem finding English speaking shows on the TV. There was maybe 15-20 channels. Thai, English, Russian, German and French.

Internet
Not sure if it costs extra but it was included in my rate. Decent speeds that was enough for me to surf the internet, check email and even facetime.

Breakfast
I did make it to Breakfast one morning and I was a bit disappointed. I really expected a lot better for the price. It was an American Continental Breakfast.

Bar
They rooftop bar is absurdly expensive. 300 baht for a beer. Its a neat view but it can get windy.

Shopping
It is connected to the mall so its easy to get right over there with 1 elevator. Plus the night market sets up right outside so you can find ANYTHING you need.

Area
Its right in the middle of the shopping area so that was a plus and its a medium walk to the train station.

Checkout
I had a 5am flight so I left around 2am. No problems but there were no cabs at the hotel that would use the meter to go to the airport and the bellhops did not help to find one.

Overall
I had a good time and the hotel was good. I was disappointed that they call it a 5 star property. If I was to go back to Bangkok I would have no problem staying there if the rate was a lot less expensive.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I'm only going to comment on the Red Sky Bar at the Centara Grand as I have not stayed in the hotel. The Sky Bar is a must see as the views at night are breath taking. Nice to have a drink and a small appy. You can even have dinner on the rooftop which is really nice but you must reserve a day in advance unless you intend on eating very late.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Mike S
CGCW, Manager at Centara Grand at CentralWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Tripadvisor Reviewer,

Those are truly grand words about our hotel and we are grateful that you have taken the time to share them here on Tripadvisor.

It is a delight to read that we were able to impress you during the time that you have spent with us. we all look forward to having you back with us in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I booked 2 Executive Suites and a world Deluxe room for my family vacation. The rooms were spacious and offered awesome views of the city. As it is connected to Central World Mall, shopping and dinning is a breeze. Walking to other shopping areas or taking the train is also made easy with the convenient access to covered Skywalk via Central World Mall. Overall a pleasant experience for my family.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank 88travel

Dear Tripadvisor Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your review. It is a great pleasure to read that enjoyed your stay with us and that you love the ambience of the hotel.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Centara Grand at CentralWorld in the future.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This hotel ranks a very good 4 star hotel.
The location is excellent for many types of travel needs. The reception is very good and the rooms are well appointed with some of the best bathrooms in hotels of its ranks.
Room rates are a little above average for Bangkok but this is well compensated by the location which is near the major central shopping and dinning districts saving shoppers the extra transport cost and possible "worries".

Practically all rooms have very good to excellent views of the surrounding areas thanks to the fact that surrounding tall buildings are at fairly good distance from the hotel tower.
A river flows nearby providing an amazing spectacle of the river boat traffic for rooms facing the river side of the hotel.
The Sky restaurant and pub on the last floor are a must for both holiday travelers and tourists alike. Suitable for family with children.

Room Tip: Room on the river side provide both quietness and astonishing view of the riverboat traffic.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business