“Short stay ”

Centara Grand at CentralWorld
Ranked #121 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
“Short stay ”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel and staff are lovely situated right in the middle of what you need. We stayed in the club executive suite and the club lounge is one of the best I've been to along with the view from the sky bar is fantastic. However one issue is that I had to go back to the room to change from my flip flops into shoes to go outside in the sky bar and restaurant. As we'll as this we found the menu to pretentious and so over priced but would recommended going even if it's just for the view.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew F
CGCW, Resident Manager at Centara Grand at CentralWorld, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Many thanks for your kind review, we are happy that you enjoyed our services and restaurants.

With regards, Flip Flops. we do have dress regulations at red sky and red sky bar and regret flip flops, singlets or sport shorts are not permitted.

We thank you for your kind understanding

Sincerely Yours,
The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Location is the best, especially if you are with your family. Ocean World and Madame Tussaud museum are in walking distance; mall is in the same building. Concierge staffs were very helpful, especially Mr. Winchai, he helped us to check our booking in Centara Grand Mirage Pattaya, our next destination after Bangkok, and he made sure that the booking is according to our request.
However, when we checked out, the front desk staff (@23rd floor) forgot to give me the 'Exit Card' after I finished paying everything. Thinking that I was already clean to go, I went down to the ground floor, just to find the bell boy asking me for the card. So I have to go back to the reception desk @23rd floor to get it from her, and let the taxi waited for me. Not a very good experience. It would have been nice if they could arrange somebody to bring it to us at the ground floor.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
16 Thank Evi R
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent three days here at the start of our Thailand trip. The hotel is sophisticated and immaculate rather than homely and personal, I like both sorta of accommodation so I wasn't fussed. The rooms are lovely, the bed is very comfortable and the bathroom is really nice. The location is absolutely superb if you want to shop, you're in the heart of the biggest malls and it's especially convenient to be actually part of the Central World mall. We are going back tomorrow to end our trip here. Looking forward to it!

• Stayed August 2014
17 Thank Yael K
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We are arrived to the hotel at 11 am on 14 Aug'14. The front desk staff grant me for early check in to the room, Check in process is very fast and staff who handle is very professional. My room is very clean and neat. I would like to say thank you to all staff who make my stay unforgetable.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
17 Thank LuckkanaS21
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This is our first visit to Centara Grand and also our last! Complacent service during check - in. We changed our room 4 times!
First room: Room was not tidied. Front desk gave us a wrong room.
Second room: We were given a twin bed room when we have requested for a king sized bed room.
Third room: There is no Wifi connection at all in this room. The IT guy was supposed to fix the problem but till we returned back to the hotel at 9pm, the Wifi connection is still not working. The front desk did not even bother to change our room till we request for it. This is not the kind of service you would expect from a 5 star hotel. This is our first night here. 2 more nights to go. Hopefully no more negative surprises from this hotel!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joey C
CGCW, Resident Manager at Centara Grand at CentralWorld, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

We must apologise for the inconvenience caused during your check in.

We will investigate in detail and who the problems experienced with the WiFi connection and take corrective action to avoid such a recurrence from happening again.

We sincerely hope that you enjoying the rest of your stay with us.

Sincerely yours,
The Management
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed here on a press trip for two nights and the hotel is perfect, location is good and the service is great, very friendly staff. The view is amazing, I stayed 48 floor. Amazing breakfast buffet with a lot of food choices too, basically I have nothing bad to say, will definitely come back to Centara Grand in my next trip.

Room Tip: Go for top floor!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
17 Thank RockTheTrend
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 13 August 2014

PROS:

*Hotel is adjoined with a great shopping mall and in close proximity to others

*Suited for business travelers or generally as a come-and-go hotel

*Awesome city views from room

*Deluxe World Room has convenient layout and necessities

*Good security

CONS:

*Check-in is busy and somewhat slow. Front desk staff can act indifferent to you - there's no one greeting you, no welcome drink, and if there's a line (usually) you'll have to nicely stand in it

*Impersonal atmosphere

*Restaurants and drinks are expensive

*Not quite suitable for children

Final note:
Having stayed here several times, it's my favorite city hotel in Bangkok due to the quality and ideal location. Perfect if you plan to come and go throughout the day, drop off your shopping bags and refresh. I wouldn't necessary recommend it if you plan on spending a lot of time at the actual hotel or if you have children; this is a business hotel above else.

Room Tip: Deluxe World room is a lot more spacious than Superior World
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family