“Nothing exciting, but it's delicious food”

Bourbon Street Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Ranked #455 of 10,929 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Thong Lor & Ekamai
Description: For nearly 30 years, Doug Harrison and family have made Bourbon St. Restaurant & Oyster Bar the only address for genuine Cajun and Creole cooking in Bangkok. Fresh oysters, Grilled Steaks, Louisiana favorites like gumbo and jambalaya - they're all here, dished up with New Orleans-style hospitality. The perfect spot for a family outing, a discreet date, or dinner and drinks with friends old and new. Plan your next event in our stunning seventh-floor hideaway with balcony views. Ready to call it a night? Take a load off and recover your strength in the comfort of our boutique hotel. Bourbon Street is conveniently located on Soi Ekamai, a quick walk from the BTS Skytrain. Our renowned servicetstaff and bartenders are ready to serve you every day, 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. So come see your friends and neighbors at Bourbon Street, the place for every occasion - or no occasion at all - and let the good times roll!
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Nothing exciting, but it's delicious food”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

If you want home-comfort, American classics, then this is the place. I've never had a bad meal, but it's not somewhere we'd run back to. The service can be a little slow and inattentive, but never rude. You can easily walk from the BTS or take a motorcy.

• Thai first
“Worth it all”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We use to go to the old location once a week but since they moved a few years ago we have been here one time. This is a place worth going to for food and to be with friends. But watch your bill!! They automatically converted my bill from Thai Baht into US Dollars without asking me. The exchange rate was lower that what is would have been normally. I live here and don't allow this to be done. Everyone was nice when I brought this to their attention. I let it go this time but not again.

1 Thank Bobby_Ranger
haiku
“Ok food, decent atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I went here to try the American breakfast after reading all the reviews. However ended up getting the breakfast sandwich with andoullie sausage and the hot wings. The sandwich was pretty much exactly as described, bread one egg cheese and sausage, nothing more nothing less. The sausage was pretty good considering we are thousands of miles from cajun country. The hot wings were not my favorite. They were not spicy at all and tasted a little off, which was a disappointment because I LOVE wings! They do have a good cajun seasoning on the tables though to sprinkle on your food that was pretty tasty.

Bangkok, Thailand
“Best Restaurant In Bangkok!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

In the 4 years I've been living in Bangkok, this is by far, the best farang restaurant in Thailand. I've had many items on the menu here an have never been disappointed. Everything from the tender & juicy USDA steak (for when I want to splurge for dinner) to the Ruben sandwich which is great for lunch. The staff is friendly, attentive an the food comes in a timely manner which is important when you're really hungry. I should also mention that Bourbon Street has my favorite burgers in Thailand as well. Great selection of beer including imported craft beer and the Long Island Iced Teas are strong. I'm a fan!

2 Thank HappyHourBKK
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best Cajun NOT in Louisiana.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

With reading prior TA reviews I felt a need to go to Bourbon Street last night, having been away from New Orleans since April eating Asian fare. Homesick for Cajun-Creole but fully prepared to be disappointed as usual.

This is real simple: Bourbon Street in Bangkok is the VERY BEST Cajun-Creole restaurant I have ever been to outside of South Louisiana. Better than any Cajun restaurant I have been to SE Texas, the Biloxi to Pensacola corridor, or even North Louisiana. This is light-years ahead of the usual fare one would get at a restaurant proclaiming itself Cajun or offering "New Orleans" dishes. I've had fake Cajun from Anchorage to Miami, in Europe, and in Asian: at its best, it's delicious, but not Cajun-Creole. At its worst -- well there was the New Orleans roast chicken at a humble Tibetan hostelry in Lhasa, or the infamous German restaurant in Indianapolis that featured a "genuine New Orleans hoagie" on its sandwich menu (it would be a poor boy indeed who'd be hungry enough to eat that.)

If you put this restaurant in New Orleans, it would be a local favorite based on Louisiana cooking alone. (If it served Mexican, Thai, and pizza, as it does here, it might be even more packed, since New Orleans is not blessed with an abundance of first class cantinas, pizzerias, or Thai restaurants.)

In New Orleans, eats and drinks are both important, and Bourbon Street delivers on both counts.

EATS: I had popcorn shrimp and the shrimp and crab gumbo. Both were very good by Vieux Carre standards. I ended the meal with bananas Foster, which was great, even though it wasn't flambeed at the table. It, like a proper cafe brulot, should be: the ceremony is essential to full enjoyment (if you don't pipe it in, it isn't haggis). I note in passing that they also have breakfast, and eggs Sardou are on the menu.

DRINKS: a very good selection of hard liquors, including Scotvh whiskies. Nice cocktail menu (sazeracs and French 75s were notable absentees). But the star of the beverage show, to my mind, was the beer. After months of feeling fortunate just because the Tiger (or Tsingdao or Anchor or Leo or Bintang) was on tap, here's a restaurant with seven carefully selected American craft beers available (six from Oregon, probably setting the standard for other states, and one from Singapore, which now brews some great crafts -- but alas, none from Louisiana, where Abita and other craft brewers are now putting out good suds). And half a dozen draught beers, three of which are from Belgium! Wow! I just wish they had Go cups to tide me over until I got to the nearest drive-through daiquiri joint.

So outside of South Louisiana, who dat gone beat dem Bourbon Streeters? Nobody!

1 Thank Vincent M