“Love this place!”

Ranked #1,170 of 11,742 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Bar, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: MahaNaga is Modern Thai Restaurant located in Sukhmvit, Bangkok. MahaNaga serves modern Thai cuisine, fresh & bursting with flavor prepared using high quality ingredients. Premier Restaurant in Sukhmvit, Bangkok that is offering the very best of Thai hospitality in an outstandingly designed atmosphere featuring two dining pavillions, an indoor and outdoor bar and a romantic outdoor courtyard, Mahanaga is perfect venue for an intimate dinner for two or a large group party.
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This restaurant is really fantastic. My husband and I have gone to Mahanaga several times since we moved to Bangkok over 2 years ago and we have never had a bad meal. The service is great. The restaurant and decor are really beautiful and romantic in a sort of Middle Eastern way. The food is amazing, especially the soft shell crab. It is really an appetizer, but they will make an entree size if you ask. I really love this place and can't say enough good things about it. I cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed 12 July 2013

A dim, candlelit oasis just off Sukhumvit. Interesting fusion of food styles, doesn't always work perfectly but the six of us all loved our meals. Try their predinner cocktails, too. I rarely have one but ended up having two of the lime one, I think it was. A quiet break in a crowded city, just around the corner from S31 hotel.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

This food is delicious, we enjoyed the house menu with a glass of champagne included. It was nice, it was quiet and we felt a little bit of home, though we would question the fusion, not certain if this works as well as being straight European or Thai.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

A girl took me here - she'd been for a friend's birthday bash.

On arriving I was impressed by the decor (if you find Cuban themed places in the centre of Bangkok impressive)

But it was empty. We were the only people sat outside. Off the quadrant we were sat in, were large indoor dining areas. I could see a few people but not many.

There were 3 of us in total. We had a few beers and 5 starter dishes to share. Spring rolls, chicken wings, nothing special. The lotus root was very interesting though. There were 5 unique flavours in quick succession.

Bill came to 2,000 baht. Expensive but then again, 3 people, 6 beers, 5 little dishes.

It was curious but didn't inspire me to go back anytime soon....

1  Thank Malthus101
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Had we gone on our own for a special occasion, we would have enjoyed it more, but with the kids it was definitely not the right place for us. As soon as we saw the waiters in their pinstripe suits we though Oh Oh. But the food was well prepared, service very attentive and staff very friendly.