“Very nice setting but average food”
Review of MahaNaga

MahaNaga
Ranked #915 of 10,831 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Bar, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: MahaNaga is Modern Thai Restaurant located in Sukhmvit, Bangkok. MahaNaga serves modern Thai cuisine, fresh & bursting with flavor prepared using high quality ingredients. Premier Restaurant in Sukhmvit, Bangkok that is offering the very best of Thai hospitality in an outstandingly designed atmosphere featuring two dining pavillions, an indoor and outdoor bar and a romantic outdoor courtyard, Mahanaga is perfect venue for an intimate dinner for two or a large group party.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Very nice setting but average food”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

What I like the most in this restaurant is its setting which is in the old house with some trees in the center. The restaurant offers two different dining experiences: indoor and outdoor.
The outdoor zone looks very nice in the early evening with some candle lit on the table and a jazz music playing along. However, when the night falls, the area was coated with a blue light beam and a kind of electro music turned up. It was a pitty that we could not have a chance to sit hear since it was about to rain. We had to sit in the indoor zone instead which was fine with natural light from a translucent glass ceiling. Personally, I didn't quite like the atmosphere when the night falls. It was too sombre. When combined with a set of dark wooden furniture, a large wooden door, a maroon curtain & sofa and an occasional lighting, I could associate them with an Adam's Family before I knew it myself.
There was nothing fascinating about the food options here. Most of them are local Thai dishes served in a modern look. Moreover, they were too salty than traditional Thai food. The service was so-so. But, the sales manager seemed to take special care of the customers (introducing herself & asking for feedbacks) I did not try their cocktail so no comment here...

• Visited July 2013

• Thai first
“Avoid at all cost”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Terrible and unexperienced staff, arrogant management are serving expensive soso food accompagnied by dreadfull wine.

No wonder the place is almost empty.......

• Visited August 2013
Windsor
“Good food, but overpriced”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Our experience of Mahanaga was a mixed bag. The food was delicious, and beautifully presented, and the setting was tranquil. However, we were the only customers all night, and the lighting was so dim that some of us struggled to read the menu, and the food was much more expensive than other meals we had in Bangkok. If you want elegant dining with a high price tag, do not discount this restaurant, as the food and service are excellent.

• Visited July 2013
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This restaurant is really fantastic. My husband and I have gone to Mahanaga several times since we moved to Bangkok over 2 years ago and we have never had a bad meal. The service is great. The restaurant and decor are really beautiful and romantic in a sort of Middle Eastern way. The food is amazing, especially the soft shell crab. It is really an appetizer, but they will make an entree size if you ask. I really love this place and can't say enough good things about it. I cannot wait to go back!

• Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing surroundings, good food.”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

A dim, candlelit oasis just off Sukhumvit. Interesting fusion of food styles, doesn't always work perfectly but the six of us all loved our meals. Try their predinner cocktails, too. I rarely have one but ended up having two of the lime one, I think it was. A quiet break in a crowded city, just around the corner from S31 hotel.

Visited February 2013