“World capital of vegetarian food”

May Kaidee Samsen - Vegetarian Restaurant
Price range: US$3 - US$5
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Banglamphu
Description: Our Raw food cafe, offering a menu of mostly cold and Raw food based on May's signature recipes including Raw Pad Thai, Pesto Pasta, pomelo salad. Green curry and Massaman curry also served at this location. We also serve our homemade Ginger Pomegranate tea and Hibiscus tea.
Reviewed 28 August 2014

May Kaidee is a not only a world capital of vegetarian food, but as well as a must for any open-minded „meat eater“ (e.g. me) who is ready to change his/her mind. The restaurant is a little bit more expensive than most of the ones nearby but it is definitely worth a visit – pomelo or banana salad, red rice, smoothies, spring rolls, pumpkin hummus – all very tasty and well arranged. The only negative thing was a little bit slower staff and noisy street, where the restaurant is located.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I don't leave many tripadvisor reviews - only when I'm really psyched about something I've done. May Kaidees restaurant definitely fit that bill! I didn't take her cooking class, just stopped by the restaurant a couple times while in Bangkok. The food was amazing - I got the green curry and the pumpkin hummus, among other things. The fruit shakes were to die for. What's more is that this restaurant goes out of the way to ensure that there are a number of healthy selections. My fruit shake had no sugar, just coconut milk, and was amazing. I'm so sad I won't be able to eat here again soon as I'm leaving Bangkok, but I went online and bought the cookbook so I can give it a shot at home!

Thanks for a great time.

1  Thank qbie215
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Take my family there everytime they visit. Always nice place to get a good vegetarian meal. Also if you like the food you can always continue on to do the provided cooking class

2  Thank AdventureTravelBugs
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I loved May Kaidee in every aspect. Staff is great, food is unique and cooking lessons very efficient. I am not much of a cook but now i can cook 10 vegan thai delicious dishes including pad thai, tom cat, massaman curry, pumpkin houmouss (not thai but delicious) and coconut rice. The juices are awesome. May Kaidee is located in the street behind burger king and perpendicular to Khao San road. Don't miss them. My cooking instructor was Tuk. Price was very reasonable and you can buy the cooking book ad well as varied ustensils and sauces. You can also learn to make your own tofu. Both vegetarian and non veg loved the course and the meals (although degustation is a bit hard after 5 or 6 dishes).

2  Thank Masala D
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The whole meal was good, but the mango-coconut milk smoothie and mango with black sticky rice were great!

1  Thank Kirstin S