“Nice and modern. Near ASOKE BTS”

Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok
Ranked #119 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Hong Kong, China
“Nice and modern. Near ASOKE BTS”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Book this hotel for 3 days, location very convienence, just walk to from ASOKE BTS around 7 mins. The hotel is not big but u can easy to see and find it.When u check in, u will receive a wellcome drink is a cup of herb tea cold. The check-in take 15 mins cause several traveller check out and they search my record took 10 mins around, and about the benefit like Guaranteed late check-out at 3 p.m. - Free telephone sim card for domestic call and oversea sms. - Free 2 canes of Singha beer per room per night. - 20% discount on food only exclude beverage and room service. - Complimentary usage of WIFI during period of stay throughout the hotel. - Complimentary 24-hour refreshments (non-alcohol and snacks) at the Lounge we have to confirm again. And I didn't receive the free telephone sim card even check-out. The room I request is smoking room, but the said 3pm can check-in because they have to get it clean up. and smoking room only available at 3/F, When get in the room, it not small but the only window is facing the opposite building's wall, window, and air-conditioner. So u can't open the window cause the building is too near. I don't like it ! No view. The bed is so strange cause it's not lock on the floor. When u sitting on the bed and lying on the back, the bed will move forward, so u only can lying on the bed without anything support your back. Why the don't fix the wheel of the bed. The breakfast is so so, everything is basic, like egg station, fruit station, food quality is good. service also good. When I want to go to the RarinJinda 5 star wellness spa, the restaurant lady restaurant so good to indicate me way to go. When a night I experience the horrible thing......2 different one by one follow me and touch my body, I am so scare, after back to hotel and tell them what's going on, and ask them provide me some funny and happy movie to take me sleep. They give me the most new and happy movie then I can fall in sleep while watching movie. The room, bathroom is nice and the refrigerator si so surpise, lot of different drink like beer, spirit, whisky, healthy drink, chocolate bar, different likd of glass like rock glass, wine glass, soft drink glass, opener, u will very exciting when u r very thirsty . The TV is samsung 40" stick on the wall with the DVD same brand, more than 60 channel you can find. The drawer is well function, the desk is long enough to put on notebook, drink and newspaper. The bathroom is so exquisite but the window also facing the other building's back !!! The room I book is the corner room at JUN18 to 21 HK$661. If travel Bangkok again with such price I will move the other hotel. This hotel not bad and can be recommend.

Room Tip: Don't choose the smoking room or you will be locate at 3/F with no view.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Nice hotel - short walking distance from Asok Skytrain station (approx 3-4 minutes).

Good service. The room was spacious and clean. The pool on top had a great view and just all over a good stay for us. Would recommend you this hotel. And also - very affordable:)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I staid 2 weeks for a business trip in this hotel.
The Park Plaza is very well located and close to the subway.
The rooms are big enough and well decorated and the staff is very friendly.
However it is not necessary to take the deluxe rooms as they do not offer more space than the normal one.

Room Tip: Normal rooms
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank AuditParis
Lyon, France
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I have stayed more than one week in Bangkok. I really enjoyed to have a clean ,calm and confortable bedroom. Service was perfect .

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I checked into the Park Plaza for one night end of August as it was a business trip. From the time I checked in, to the time I needed to make my way to a client meeting, I stayed in the room the whole time!

Boutique hotel with business feel to it. I was upgraded to a corner room and it was large! I recently stayed at the Sofitel for holidays and even the amenities of the Sofitel was not comparable. It had a fresh look and feel, flat screen tv that faces the bed and a large working table where I worked on emails and presentations.

The big plus for me was free wifi that worked! They have me a username and password which I used the laptop for and realised that it was one username per use! Called reception and they quickly provided me another for my iphone. No questions asked!

It is short walk to the Asoke Station but I chose to eat in and ordered room service. Not a bad meal for a boutique hotel. Mango Sticky Rice could have been better but the traditional thai dishes such as Pad Thai and Tom Yum Goong were good enough for me - and I am a picky eater!

Thumbs up and will consider staying for my next vacation to Bangkok (I asked and they provide baby cots). Took pictures of the room and watsapped my husband and he agrees that it is more than decent!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger! Request for an upgrade if they are not too full!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I have to say this hotel is *WAY* overrated. Yes, the location is good, but everything else is not as it's made out to be. The TV is not infront of the TV making it not really visible from the bed. The hotel is very small (only 15 floors). It's not the same as the pictures, everything is old. This hotel is rated #8 of all Bangkok hotels on tripadvisor (overrated). A Singha beer from the minibar is 150 baht, at 7-11 it's 35 baht (just refilled the minibar with 7-11 beer). Breakfast is 400 baht per person we didn't choose to get it. There are much better authentic breakfast places walking distance every morning on the street. All in all it's good, but it's not as good as all the ratings you find all over the internet. I'd have rather stayed at a Landmark or Sheraton which are nearby and not much more expensive.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Lukas B
ParkPlazaSukhumvit, General Manager at Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this review, 9 September 2011
Dear Mr. Lucas,

Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow traveler. We effectively have only 15th floor and are a small contemporary 3 years old hotel that can't be compare with Huge Hotel such as the one mentioned. What make us different is the personalized service that we try to provide to each individual guest. As for the price of any items, local Shop are always cheaper than hotel in any city in the world but we are well online with other 4 stars hotel within Bangkok.
I would be please to give you more details on local comparison should you wish to.
You can contact me at ----------------
Once again thank you for your comment,
Kindest Regards,
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 7 September 2011

What a wonderful stay we had at this hotel. I can't recommend it enough. We stayed in a Deluxe Corner Room and our two children (10,13) in a Standard Room next door. Both rooms are at the end of the passage, in the corner and have a door which you can close. It is like having your own area. The roof top pool was wonderful to cool off in and the restaurant serves a lovely dinners and breakfasts. A 5 minute walk to the sky train (ASOK BTS) is so convenient. The hotel staff are very helpful and go above and beyond to assist you if you have a problem. The smell of lemongrass is so refreshing. I was so happy we stayed in this hotel. Thank heavens this hotel is not like Bangkok, dirty, over populated and full of people trying to scam you!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family