“Good location”

Ranked #122 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Japan
“Good location”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Staff was friendly and the room was clean. Room amenities and light bulbs needs to be checked well but anything else was okay. Breakfast was good enough. 5 mins walk from BTS and MRT station. Terminal 21 at the station is convenient and open until 22:00.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

ParkPlazaSukhumvit, General Manager at Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Taeko San,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for future traveler to read.

We are sorry to hear that you have encounter some issue with the light bulb during your stay with us. We will ensure our housekeeping team check all thoroughly before every arrival.

Should you need any assistance in the future or get the best deal available, please do not hesitate to contact me of my colleague directly at any time.

Wishing you a nice week end,

Reservations.bangkok@parkplaza.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stayed a week and a half here last year and was so pleased I booked it again when I had a whole month to stay in Bangkok. I couldn't be happier with the way I get treated at this hotel. Tips: Try to get a corner deluxe room, preferably at a higher level. There is a 24-Hour Foodland with a restaurant across the street. You get a good discount if you order the hotel breakfast buffet in advance and I found it delightful. You might not find that much value in the buffet if you're a strictly meat and potatoes type. If you like walking this is an excellent location to explore in almost all directions. It's perfectly safe (If you look both ways!!) and you can find a lot of interesting stuff if you wander out of the commercial areas.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank tomcam73
Dear Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and supporting us while visiting Bangkok

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and providing so many tips to future travelers.
Your comments regarding the team treatment will be passed on to the team and will surely motivate them to carry on with their good service mind.

Wishing you a nice week end,

Sydney, Australia

Clean, spacious rooms.
All there staff at the hotel are very polite and attentive to our needs. They greet you when they see you.

Though they didn't specifically have a tour desk sign, they do have a folders with tours and can arrange tours for you at the front desk.

We stay here for 8 nights in room 1106, over looking the street, nice view of the surrounding area.
We did not notice the street being noisy.

The hotel is very conveniently located, 3 mins walk to the Asok Skytrain, Sukhumvit MRT stations and Terminal 21 shopping centre.

Getting to this hotel from the international airport is very easy.
From the airport there is an express train (150 Baths, travel time 15 mins) and a standard train (45 Baths, travel time 25 mins) to Makkasan. Then walk (covered) to Petchaburi MRT, pay 16 Baths to get to the Sukhumvit MRT. Take Exit 3, go up the escalators all the way up to the skytrain level, go across the platform to the other side of the Sukhumvit Road (just before you go down the stairs you can see the Park Plaza hotel sign on the side do the building). Go down the stairs and turn right at the traffic lights, keep walking till you get to the hotel.

There is a Asok Money Changer shop that you walk pass that gives a very good rate for the AUD$ compared to the others money changers in the shopping centres.

We bought a all day pass (130 Baths) for the green line skytrain to check out what the shopping centres have at other stops on the lines.

Getting around by buses is easy when you have connection to the Internet and using google maps to see the bus stops and the route they take.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less Street noise and very good view of surrounding area.
2 Thank MRY01
ParkPlazaSukhumvit, General Manager at Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear "MYR01"

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and adventurous travel tip for future traveler to read. Taking buses is not a common practice for tourist/ foreigner and we are happy to hear that all went well, with we are sure lot of fun. The day pass make it easy if you plan to have many stop and avoid queuing for change and ticket line every time.

We are also glad to hear that your stay was pleasant and appreciate our team attentiveness.
As mentioned we do not have any allocated tour desk, however our Bell team will be able to arrange different tour from the floating market to Thai boxing or Evening Tuktuk tour.

We hope your journey bring you, your family and friends back to the " City of Angels" in the short future.

Wishing you a nice day,

Sydney
Reviewed 24 August 2014

To know what I’m looking for in a hotel in Bangkok, you have to know something about me! I travel alone or with a partner, so not looking for family-friendly accommodation. I like being near the centre of the action, so not near the river, though I know those are luxurious (and expensive) get-aways. I prefer Sukhimvit to Silom (too hectic). I’m naturally economical so I’m always looking for the best way to get value. Luxury and perks for good prices are a particular pleasure, and I love food and shopping.

Many years ago, when an employer would pay for it, my favourite hotel was the Pathumwan Princess… for its luxury, amazing breakfasts, full-service gym and pool and its access to that crazy shopping mall, MBK. They’re expensive though, and the next paid trips, I found the Holiday Inn on Sukhimvit to have classy service, great rooms and a perfect location. And an amazing breakfast. Travelling personally though, it’s still a bit out of my price range (or at least considering how economical hotels are in Bangkok, I wanted to find something cheaper).

Thanks to reviews here, I chose Park Plaza for its location, the reviews, and a ridiculously cheap price through the internet. I honestly didn’t expect what I got: friendly and quality service, as good as any of the other hotels I’ve stayed in. The room was very beautiful (I upgraded to an exec suite, for not much). I think the pool area is lovely, and would have used the running machine in their small fitness area if I had torn myself away from shopping! The location is particularly good. For the brave, it’s not a bad hike from the airport by public transport to Sukhimvit (but use the elevators and ramps). It’s right at Asok train station. So, easy access to everywhere, including the best strip of shopping, from Siam Centre up to Ploen Chit. Breakfast was fine, not outstanding, not terrible.

But for a beautiful, comfortable experience with great, smiling service at a hell of a good price, Park Plaza: THANK YOU.

Room Tip: I paid an extra $10 a night for an executive suite, and thought it was well worth it. Had a nice cha...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Quanster
Dear "Quanster"

Thank you for taking the time to post a details review of your travel experience and expectation.

We are proud to hear that we have exceeded your Service expectation and you had a great stay at a very reasonable price.
Your service highlight will be passed on to the team as it is always rewarding to be mentioned in any social media.

Should you need any assistance in the future or get another best deal, please do not hesitate to contact me of my colleague directly at any time.

We look forward having a chance to welcome you soon

Wishing you a nice week ahead

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is my 2nd stay in this Park Plaza Sukhumvit Hotel with the 1st being in Oct. last year. and I am very satisfied with the hotel staff from the bell boy, reception, restaurant and the room cleaners who are friendly and very helpful. Nothing to fault with the services rendered including the room which are clean or the restaurant which is great. The internet is great too as we were not limited to the number of devices to be connected. The room which I stayed at 14th floor was very quiet even though there is heavy traffic in front of the hotel. The night entertainment, shopping complex Terminal 21 and the Asoke MRT are all within walking distances. I have no time to use the swimming pool nor the fitness centre as I was out in the morning till late night. Overall, I would give a thumb up for Park Plaza Sukhumvit.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear " Teohjl"

Thank you for coming back to Park Plaza Sukhumvit for your second visit to Bangkok !

We are glad to hear that the entire team deliver a friendly and helpful service during your stay and you enjoyed our 14th floor room.
Despite being located in a main road, which make it easy access to Skytrain & subway and commune around, it can also encounter some traffic jam especially during peak business hours. However our double glaze window offer a very good soundproof giving a quiet and peaceful room at the end.

We do hope you will be back soon in Bangkok and we will all have the pleasure of welcoming you, your family and friends in the nearest future.

Wishing you a nice day,

uk
Reviewed 22 August 2014

nice pool- gym looked small very nice room- all clean poor internet- in room it was so slow i gave up and used it in another bar great transport links near to 'sol cowboy' so good if you want to be there but not so good if you didnt

wolverhampton
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Ok the hotel is superb , very clean very smart and very modern, the staff are bursting with energy to serve you and help in any way, the rooms are great big spacious and everything you need, the food is of a very good quality , we only eat breakfast but it was good with a nice and varied selection with fresh juices and egg station, coffee and tea brought to your table.

The other major plus's for this hotel is it location at night with 5 mins walk you have Sukhumvit road with all it's street sellers and restaurants and bars or cross over to the other side of Sukhumvit Rd and walk for 2 mins and you have Soi Cowboy and The Queen Victoria Pub, serving excellent food,

Or if this doesn't impress get in the tube and wiz around Bangkok from Asok station which is only 500 meters from your hotel. Tatami to airport from here about 35 mins and cost us 400 baht including a descent tip, think meter was 266 plus 50 baht for airport ,

Room Tip: No tips really higher floors give better views but not really a lot to see, check out the juice sele...
Dear "numptydiver"

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for future traveler to read.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the team provide you an " great" service.

Our prime location, 200 meter from Skytrain and subway is very practical to travel around the city without worrying on the traffic jam. Also at walking distance, Terminal 21 for some shopping, Well known Spa around the corner, restaurant and street food vendors all around and there is the Soi 11 and Soi Cowboy for Night entertainment at less than 10 minutes walk.

Our International Buffet breakfast offer a large variety of western and Asian dishes either prepare a la minutes such as ' eggs station" , noodle soup, noodle, vegetarian dishes and all cold items from cold cut, to salad, danish, fruit, cereal, yogurt and a Fresh Honey comb for the sweet teeth.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we all look forward having a chance to welcome you, your friends and family in the nearest future.

We look forward having a chance to welcome you soon
Wishing you a nice week ahead,