“Great fun stay”

Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok
Ranked #120 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 11 January 2009

We stayed here for four nights over the new year 2009.

The hotel was better than expected. The rooms were very large and modern. Probably aimed at business travellers.

We did not eat breakfast at the hotel but we eat at the C02 restaurant on new years eve where we had a fixed Thai menu. The food was very good, and reasonably priced compared with other hotels.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful and their service could not be faulted.

The main drawback of the hotel was that although it is close to the Skytrain station, the skytrain does not go into the older section of Bangkok where all the temples are. The skytrain serves the shopping districts easily.

Taxis to and from central Bangkok are easy to hail from the street. The metered cabs do not use their meters and you must haggle for a reasonable fare, which they will often change during the journey. The fare to Bangkok is often easy to come by but returning can be difficult as there is a one way system near the hotel, which means that the fare is often double on the way home.

The taxis in Bangkok can be very difficult and this is the main drawback of this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 January 2009

My boyfriend and I visited Thailand last December, and the Park Plaza Sukhumvit was the best hotel that we used during our trip. Everything was great, the room spacious and bright, the bed, divine, loved the shower. Everybody was friendly and made us feel welcomed. I'd love to come back here.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2009

Just come back from spending New Year in Bangkok at the Park Plaza Hotel.
A wonderful modern style hotel with lovely staff. Roof top pool was a wonderful place to see all the fireworks over Bangkok, and very romantic.

The room was modern, very clean and the food was also excellent. It is a 3 minute walk to the skytrain which is wonderful transport system in Bangkok.

We only paid 50 pounds per night booking direct. We asked what the walk in rate was and was quoted 70, so worth looking for a good deal.

This is a relativley small hotel which was a good thing, the staff really made it a special stay.

Like a few other comments the taxi driver did find it difficult to find the hotel but it is right next to the skytrain so just tell them thats where it is.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2009

My friends and I took two rooms at the Park Plaza Sukhumvit for three nights early this month. We had a simply lovely time here, and while we may want to try staying in other districts on our next visit, I have a sneaky feeling we might end up coming back.

We did not book breakfast with our package, but were given free wi-fi internet access, which was specially calibrated to our rooms with unique, personalised passwords for each room.

In addition to the generally excellent amenities such as rooftop pool, gym, rain shower, DVD player and large LCD TV, well-thought-out personal touches made our stay all the more memorable.

Upon entering the rooms for the first time, we found a little elephant made of rolled-up towels standing on one bed, which amused us greatly and provided our first photo opportunity in the hotel. We grew so attached to him that none of us had the heart to dismantle him.

The turn-down service, with little cards containing snappy quotes left on the corner of the turned-down covers, made a cheery end to each day. On the first night, there was even a tiny elephant-shaped knick knack atop the card, which was quirky and charming.

Of course, the juices, fruit, tea, coffee and snacks available for free on the second floor around the clock were something we had never encountered before, and will be a big incentive for us to come back. It was nice not to always have to order room service - though the food was excellent and promptly served - when we'd stayed up a little too late chatting. And grabbing an orange and glass of guava juice before we headed out the door in the mornings with cheery greetings from the staff echoing in our ears just made the start of every day perfect.

The rooms were impecably kept, with only one tiny complaint that they did not change the towel lying on the floor outside the shower every day, which meant we recognised little stains from the previous day when we came back to our room.

The small size of the hotel meant that we had quiet and privacy at the end of our long days, which we certainly relished. Yet, we had easy access to shopping, massages and good food, which were all just a short journey away by metered taxi or train.

All-in-all, a lovely experience which I look forward to repeating on my next trip to Bangkok.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2009

Booked this hotel having read previous reviews on tripadvisor.
Arrived on Christmas Day and stayed for 2 weeks. Great location close to skytrain, very friendly staff - relaxed but professional. We were upgraded to a corner room which was clean, good sized and modern. Free water, juice, coffee etc. an excellent benefit. Had buffet breakfast a couple of mornings - good quality but quite expensive for Bangkok. However within walking distance of Crepes and Co for brunch and Cabbages and Condoms restaurant amongst others for dinner. As still relatively new, not a lot of taxi drivers knew where it was - one tip is to mention Queen Sirikit convention centre which is on the same side of the street as the hotel. Also very close to Long Table bar/restaurant.
Didn't use the pool as not enough umbrellas poolside for shade (only real gripe) but not really what i was staying there for!
Overall - friendly, comfortable and good value for money boutique-style hotel in great location. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikeyc75
Reviewed 7 January 2009

I thought this was a great hotel, especially for the price (we paid just under £50 a night). Book directly with them and try a few different times of the day as I found some cheaper rates came up in the mornings. The location is great, right next to the Skytrain and Metro station in Sukhumvit. You are only one stop (or a 10-15 min walk) from Emporium (big shopping centre) and loads of restaurants etc,. The staff were really helpful, especially when we needed a taxi at the very last minute to take 4 of us to Koh Samet. The food was good and there is free coffee/juice and cookies all day in the restaurant (although you can't have a free coffee with breakfast, which seemed a bit stingy!). The rooftop pool is small but nice and I usually had it to myself. The style of the hotel is great, rooms are spacious, well decorated and fully equipped; the DVD player is a nice touch for weary travellers. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, and would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank thepollycat
Reviewed 6 January 2009

I was supposed to be there for 3 days but due to some complications between my connections I got there only for one day but anyway this hotel is a real gem. I've been in differents 4-5 stars hotels in bangkok and this one is the best quality/price. Great service at reception and at the restaurant. Nice terrasse on the roof with the pool, my only input for there would be that they should put a sign that people must bring back their towel when they quit the terrasse. When I got there, there was towel on most of the chair but only 2-3 persons on the terrasse then I realized that people were leaving their towel and quitting so it's kinda confusing.

Breakfast was excellent, my airline lost my bag and they forwarded me the messages they left while I was away of my bedroom. Same for the clothes I got done from a tailor, they received it and stored them in a secure space....

Honestly nothing to complaint. Location is perfect near the sky train but I think it's still cheaper to use tuk-tuk if you bargain them nicely (don't pay more than 30 bath for siam center and 50 bath for mbk center).

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple