“Excellent hotel!”

Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok
Ranked #121 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 19 March 2009

We stayed in this hotel last week for 3 nights. It is an excellent hotel! Great service, clean and stylish rooms, comfortable beds, good location, great breakfast etc. We stayed in the larger corner room and it was very nice! I have only positive comments!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VL_AO
Write a ReviewReviews (2,606)

Reviewed 16 March 2009

As others have said, the location is excellent; close to the Skytrain and the MRT (though we didn't use it). The decor is contemporary in style and high quality. We stayed in a deluxe corner room, a good size, with a gorgeous huge bath and shower.

Breakfast is very good and the bar can knock up a pretty decent cocktail, but the real difference is the staff. They were unfailingly pleasant and helpful to us and especially our young children. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

The rooftop pool is a pleasant spot for a quick dip, but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank SJASingapore
Reviewed 15 March 2009

Overall my stay was not unpleasant, but the location is not optimal and I think the hotel needs to re-examine it's customer service attitude. When we first arrived, my friend and I had requested two separate beds. They informed us that they had us in one King bed. It turned out that our room had single beds that are simply joined together to make a King, so they could have chosen to have them separated that night. However, they refused and said that we would have to wait until the following day when the room was being cleaned. Seemed awfully tacky when it would have literally taken them 10 minutes to fix the problem. When we were checking out, my friend met me at the hotel about 10 minutes after I got there, and the hotel staff must have asked me about 3 times in that 10 minutes whether my friend planned on settling our dinner bill from the night before (we had already pre-paid the hotel rooom and just needed to take care of dinner). Every time I would re-assure them that, yes, we were planning on paying, they'd look at me suspiciously. The dinner bill, by the way, was 12 dollars. Given that we could obviously afford $500 to stay in the room, and that the hotel was stowing all of our luggage, it was not likely that we may run off with their 12 dollars. Finally- the location- good for access to the train, but bad in every other way. There is nothing to do in that area, and we had to pass by stray dogs and homeless people to get in and out of the hotel. I left wishing that we had payed just a little bit more for a nicer hotel in a nicer location...

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
6  Thank Dragonlady15
Reviewed 13 March 2009

I agree with the majority of what others say; Great location, very contemporary decor, comfortable beds, clean rooms, etc.

But, having stayed at many of Bangkok's 5 star properties, this is not one of them. This is a good 4 star, at a nice price !

My main complaint is sound proofing. All rooms are within 10 meters of the elevators (Yes, its a small hotel in terms of footprint), so any people traffic can be easily heard from your room. Also, when the door to the adjacent room opens and closes, you think its yours ! (I was(am) in room 501)).

Perhaps the most unusual compaint, is that my bed is on wheels on a hardwood floor ! I'm a good sized guy and every time I get in and out of bed, I end up with the bed flying to one side of the room or the other. If I was single and had been 'entertaining', this would have been a real problem.

Other than these minor gripes, its definitely great value for money.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank BritBoyInFL
Reviewed 11 March 2009

I came back to Bangkok for 2 weeks in March after being here two nights in December 2008. I booked Park Plaza for the entire stay. Access to Skytrain, superior service / friendly staff and condition of property are all points that have been made by many reviewers of this hotel. I'll take it one step further and mention by name that Rose, Beer , Samak ( manager ) , Patrick ( night manager ) , Pensri ( restaurant manager ) ,
Wan ( restaurant ) , Jeab ( restaurant ) and Nit ( restaurant ) are all people who have gone the extra mile for me many, many times. Also Aom , June and every person on the staff in the lobby/reception. My apologies for anyone I have not mentioned by name that deserves recognition. The doorman , as well, are consistently friendly and salute you every single time you come and go. The housekeepers are exceptional and , as with everyone, very friendly. This hotel personifies and exemplifies Thai hospitality. I have made friends with several of the aforementioned folks and hope that Park Plaza remains in the # 1 spot on tripadvisor.com for Bangkok hotels because this property deserves it. There is not a single thing that is lacking at Park Plaza for my requirements in a comfortable and safe haven within the city of Bangkok. Whatever you need, ask and you shall receive at Park Plaza, and always with a sincerity and a smile.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2009

The rooms were extremely comfortable, the staff exceptionally helpful and the location a 3 minute walk to the skytrain. I loved the rooftop pool for a late afternoon refreshing dip. The restaurant had 50% off for lunch and dinner.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2009

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in February 2009. The hotel is very clean and modern. Our room was on the top floor and had views of Bangkok - not exactly picturesque but nice enough. The room was lovely, bathroom also very nice (no bath as space is at a premium). The hotel is near both the metro and the skytrain so you can get anywhere from here reasonably easily. If it's sightseeing in the region of the grand palace you are after then it's a bit long-winded (two trains and a boat). We liked this hotel and would only really complain about the pool and fitness centre - both are very small. We never used the pool becvause it is so small and apparently full all the time (but we stayed over valentines day so maybe this isn't always the case). The fitness area was nothing to write home about. We didn't try the restaurant. For the price - this place is good all in all.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple