“Beautiful hotel, near the trains and reasonably priced, elegant Bangkok service”

Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok
Ranked #121 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 11 May 2009

We had a great stay at this hotel, the quality was definitely the best in Thailand during our stay (we went on to Phuket). The room is modern, the bathroom is spectacular. A great base for our tours. Breakfast was good and had Farong staples that I was so happy to see (cooked eggs, in front of you; and TOAST). We used a tour guide who was terrific, I can give you the information on her if you Email me.

1  Thank ginger2u9999
Write a ReviewReviews (2,597)

Reviewed 11 May 2009

I arrived at the Hotel after a gruling 30 hour flight! I was very impressed at how quite the room was being that we were downtown. The bed was the best I had slept in. I would stay there again pending that there is the avaliability.

1  Thank radariraq
Reviewed 7 May 2009

We have never been to Bangkok before so we don't really have anything to compare it to. Being close to the skytrain made it easy to get around. That said, it seemed quite a distance from temples, markets etc. We were only there for two days so it wasn't the end of the world, but if you are really exploring Bangkok you might want to pick a more central location. We picked a corner room which was fantastic and very roomy. We only ate breakfast at the restaurant, but it seemed quite good and fairly reasonable. Some of the staff can't speak English very well, but overall we got by.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank CD001
Reviewed 7 May 2009

Since I already knew what Park Plaza is like from the experience in Beijing, I didnt have any little hesitation to book Park Plaza in Bkk.

This hotel definitely has a v good value at this price for the frequest fliers to Bkk.
(I booked this hotel at about USD 100 per night including tax)

1. If Bkk is your final destination and you dont fly to any other resort areas like Samui or Phuket for vacation,
2. If you are NOT a frequest flier to Bkk,
then, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE spend more time to read through TripAdvisor.

Hotel life in Bkk is absolutely never ever missed other than sightseeing, dining, and shopping.

This is a business hotel.

Yes, it has a 8 meters (?) rectangle pool with 5-6 deck chairs + one parasol on the roof top and 3 square meters gym beside the pool area.
Yeah.... better than nothing. but it does not help this hotel to be more than a business hotel at all.

Service at front desk and foods at the restaurant are good enough.
They speak fluent English and are v helpful.
Room is clean, but not that spacious for two.
Bed is good.
Free Wifi/LAN is good.
The location is v good. Both Sky Train station and Subway station are within 5 min walk.
Major shopping areas can be reached without making connections.

Bkk International airport to(from) Park Plaza cost THB500 including hightway toll.

I can not think of any negative points at this hotel with this price,
but I dont know if I stay here again if the price gets higher over USD 130 inclulding tax.

OPPSSS, I forgot to tell you.
Taxi driver doesnt know this hotel.
Even if you had Thai-written hotel name card over to taxi drivers, you might be passed by.

Since taxi fare is cheap and if you are a party of more than two,
you might use taxi more often than trains/subways.
In this case, if the taxi driver knows this hotel or not is very important.

I give 5 starts anyway for business users.

After staying at this hotel, I missed the real Bkk hotel life.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank TripFromTokyo
Reviewed 7 May 2009

Me and my boyfriend stayed in the Park Plaza Sukhumvit for 4 nights at the beginning of our holiday to Thailand. We arrived at the hotel at 9.00am in the morning having travelled from the UK, we got a taxi from Bangkok airport which took around 45mins and was 450baht. We were very tired when we arrived as it was 3.00am in the morning to us. The hotel had a room ready for us within 1 hour which was fantastic. On arrival in the room we were really impressed we had an executive King size bedroom, which had the biggest bed I have ever seen, with an elephant made from towels, which we were impressed with. The decor was very modern and the bathroom was sparkly clean. The bathroom had a glass partition from the room, but there was a blind you could use if you didn't want your other half to watch you have a shower etc..!

The transport links from this hotel were great, within 2 minutes walk is the Asok skytrain station and a metro station.

The roof top pool was the best thing for cooling down after a day of sight seeing. There was some good views from there as well and sun loungers with towels supplied.

There is free internet access in the hotel for if you have your own computer and there was a couple of computers available to use in the hotel lobby.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, they helped us with our organising of a evening river cruise by a company called Loy nava which I would highly recommend it included a thai banquet which was enough food for a small army, and all very tasty. It was great to see all the sights at night lit up.

I would highly recommend this hotel we had a great stay and really enjoyed our time in Bangkok

2  Thank Jess30LeedsUK
Reviewed 30 April 2009

It's not the most glamourous hotel in Bangkok and the taxi drivers don't seem to know it yet (make sure you get the business card map) but it really is an excellent hotel. it's convenient to the light rail and the subway, the place is not too big, it's got all the required things for a business trip. (even a little gym) the staff are friendly and helpful and it's not expensive. I've been there 3 times and every time I have been pleased.

Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank kreid73
Reviewed 29 April 2009

My wife and I stayed here (Room 303) Room Only 17-20 April at the end of a 4 week trip around southern Thailand (Khao Lak, Patong,Ao Nang + Bangkok) - It was our 25th Wedding Anniversary trip. Lets start with the FEW negatives, check-in was poor, only one chair, I had to stand and consume the welcome drink. We were not escorted to our room,simply placed in the elevator(only hotel it happened in out of 5 hotels) and thus we didn't know where and how things worked(tv/lighting/safe etc). Also no small token jesture for 25th, ie flower decoration on bed or upgrade to a corner room, the hotel was not fully booked ! - disappointing start! Also found alcohol expensive outside the 5-8pm half price daily special ! Ok, now the POSITIVES - fab but smallish room, great shower room and top class fittings/toiletries. Kingsize bed out of this world comfy. Staff after initial check-in were a credit to the hotel, professional,courteous and so polite -I do hope Management take note of this and pass on due credit to their staff, especially in the O2 lounge and restaurant. Service at our one breakfast (250 baht each + 17% tax) was superb, although I didn't get enough to fill me up! Overall, an excellent hotel 5 mins from the Asoke BTS (the best way around Bangkok by a mile- air-con a real life saver) , 5 min walk from late night Soi Cowboy (we're pretty open minded, and it's not as in your face as Patpong1 & 2 - although these were also interesting for people watching !) . Highly recommened hotel, if in Bangkok. Our favourite was Khao Lak Ramada and Surin Islands snorkeling trip - heaven on earth !

3  Thank norny