Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok
US$111
US$100
Courtyard
2,629 results
All reviewsrooftop pooldeluxe corner roomasok stationsmall gymsoi cowboysmall hotelrain showerconvenient locationmin walktaxi driverbusiness hotelstayed here for nightslocation is excellentshopping mallbuffet breakfastsukhumvittrain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2010

We really enjoyed the time staying in this hotel.
First of all, it offers a ridiculously rates for the excellen location (one block from Sky train)

Also, free wifi and roof top pool, how incredible !
The room was clean and tidy. We were happy with that.

However, the downside is that the room was very bright, unless you wake up early all the time, you will find it quite hard to sleep in long hours.
ALso, be aware that they charge you around US$8 for a pair of slipper, really strange!

Anyway, none of those are matter to us, still enjoyed this hotel.!

• Stayed: August 2010
ParkPlazaSukhumvit, General Manager at Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2010

Dear "Damemackey"

big THANKS for shareing your experience with fellow travelers. We are happy to learn you enjoyed your overall stay.

Please accept my apologies for charging the slippers...frankly speaking we do not charge for slippers, one of our team members did so accidentaly.

If you contact me directly at the hotel (simply send an email to the hotel) we will find a way to solve this issue.

We hope we can welcome you and/or your friends & family in Bangkok soon (again)

Have a great week

Marco Seiler

Reviewed 17 October 2010

I got a good rate at this hotel for a 3 night stay in September but I don't think it's all that good at value at the full rate. On our early 09:30 arrival we were left to stand around for 20 minutes whilst staff decided whether to let us check in or not. When the OK was given and my girl and I had signed all the paperwork we were pointed to the lift behind reception and left to find the room ourselves carrying our luggage which was a surprise to me as even in hotels costing half as much there is ususlly a porter to carry bags and show you the room's amenities.Room was clean and modern but the one we had did not have a view at all. Location is good , can not comment on the breakfast food but room service was fast good and real Thai taste, probably because my Thai girlfriend ordered it.A good hotel let down by indifferent front office staff , maybe they did not like the look of us I'm 51 and my girl is 24 ?,,,,,,,,,,, I shan't be staying there again as there are hotels as good or better at a cheaper price and still walking distance to the all important skytrain.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Finally decided on this hotel after much consideration, but mainly due to the excellent review and good package I'm getting from the hotel's website directly.

Must say that I'm very happy with my choice. This is my third visit to Bangkok, was back for good and value for money food, shopping and massage. It was unfortunate that I was not feeling well during the trip and hence stayed in hotel most time. But must say that I am so glad that I chose his hotel. Very comfy n clean bed, excellent room service n great selection of Telly! :)

There is Robinson and mcD near Asoke station. I just realized on the last day, in case u're looking for nearby amenities. And there is HealthLand, very clean and decent and big massage house, about 20 mins walk away.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Stayed in this hotel for one night on the way to Siem Reap last week. Since I go to Bangkok 5-6 times a year, I always try to stay at new hotels. Location is very important to me as Bangkok has a serious traffic problem and you could easily waste 30 mins or an hr in traffic jam with a 5-10 min ride in BTS. This hotel is very close to Asoke BTS station, its like a 2 min walk. As mentioned in other reviews, the hotel is new , clean and nicely decorated. The ladies in the reception area speak reasonably good English and like all other hotels in Bangkok, they are eager to provide good service.

The room has a glass wall bathroom which have white curtain if you are sharing room with someone else. I have a huge problem with the room because I was traveling with a female friend and when went to the bathroom in the early morning or middle of the night, the bright light in the bathroom woke me up because there were gaps in between the white curtain of the bathroom (dont forget the glass walls). And you cannot leave a small night light in the room as it is unavailable. So if you are sharing room, you are bound to wake the other person up unless you will not turn on any light (even to check the time) or use the bathroom.

They have slippers supplied in the room but unlike other hotels , they will charge you around US$8 for a pair. ( I took a pair with me to Siem Reap) This for me is quite ridiculous because as all frequent travelers know, all those slippers are complimentary.

The hotel also tried to charge us for a bottle of orange juice in the fridge which we did not have. We did not even open their fridge! Although we did not pay in the end, it was still annoying for us.

Nothing special with their breakfast.

Afterall, I would recommend other hotels to my friends.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2010

We loved this hotel. Ridiculously affordable rates, free wi-fi, great location 1 block from the Sky train, rooftop pool and the incredible breakfast buffet, a bargain for $10. We pre-booked our last night at the BKK airport Novotel and completely regret the decision because the Park Plaza was great. It was one of our favorite hotels on our month long trip to Asia.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple