1,945 results
All reviewskhao san roadsecond buildingtaxi drivermain buildingdemocracy monumentgrand palacethe riverswimming poolminute walkwalking distanceair connice poolquiet arearooms are cleanbuffet stylewat phoboutique hotel
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed here for three nights in December 2013. We were delighted we had chosen the Lamphu Tree House, it was close enough to walk to the busy streets around Khao San Road and the river area. Another advantage was it was situated on a klong and we could take the boat into Central Bangkok, the pier being just a 10 minute walk from the hotel. As for the hotel the staff are friendly and helpful, the buffet breakfast was ample and the rooms although not modern were clean and
well maintained. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this accomodation, especially if you are looking for a smaller Thai style hotel with a relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I just returned from a trip to Thailand. Lamphu Tree House was the first hotel we stayed at in Bangkok for 2 nights. I found the hotel while searching for an affordable place to say on Agoda/booking/Asia web direct.com I was not upset with my choice to stay but there were a few things that might be helpful for other travelers.

The taxi driver from the airport pretty much refused to drive us to the hotel and instead took us to a boat taxi pier that was quite far from the hotel. This might not happen to everyone, but definitely contact the hotel to arrange transportation for you from the airport. We arranged the transportation to the airport on our way out of Bangkok with Lamphu Tree and that was very good.

When we finally arrived at the hotel, it was very charming. If we were staying again, we would stay in the main building. Although we didn't see the rooms in the main building, the second building was a bit of a little walk from the main building down a little bit of a sketchy alley. But the room was nice it worked well for two days.

We didn't really walk around the area very much but we were able to walk to Kaoh San Road (the bar/tourist street - backpacker area) from the hotel. We would not visit Kaoh San Road again if we were to go back. Way too crowded and noisy. I think some other tourist attractions were in the area of the hotel. But it wasn't in the nicest area of town. Tuk Tuk and taxis are easy to catch to get anywhere else, so don't sweat it.

Finally, breakfast was really yummy. Definitely the best breakfast we had at a hotel on our entire trip around Thailand and Cambodia.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2014

A clean welcoming boutique hotel. Great location for Khao San rd and old city. Staff are very pleasant and price is excellent. Banana pancakes for breakfast are awesome. Hot water and showers could be better.

Room Tip: Lift is odd as still have to use some stairs. Only stayed in main building so not sure about annex
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The Lamphu Tree House lies next to a canal and outside the Khao San Road, therefore you can have quiet nights. They have a beautiful restaurant with plants and also a pool. The rooms are very thai and cosy. The breakfast buffet is big and offers something for everyone.
If you only want to visit Bangkok to go shopping, then you should not choose Lamphu Tree House (because there is no near stop of the Skytrain or Metro) but otherwise, it is the best choice!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I can't say enough nice things about this place. I spent four nights here after a group tour around Laos - just wanted to relax for a few days before my flight home. It has a lovely homely feel with several families staying whilst I was there (no noisy kids though). It's 10 minutes walk from Khao San Road and the nicer Soi Rambutri, so easy to get to a plethora of restaurants and bars in the evenings. The included breakfast is excellent, good choice and very good coffee. Pretty good value for Bangkok at 1,850 Baht (less than 40 GBP) for a deluxe room - I saw worse places charging much more. My room was charming with nice wooden furniture and a well stocked minibar and free water. There is a pretty courtyard by the pool which is nice to while away a few hours, and the bar restaurant next to it has some outside tables where it's nice and peaceful due to the lack of a road outside.

The best thing, though, is the staff. They are all friendly, charming, super-helpful and cheerful (the latter sometimes a rarity in Bangkok). I felt quite sad to leave. I would recommend it to any of my friends and I will definitely try to stay here again if I return.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies so request a higher floor for a better view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo