1,945 results
All reviewskhao san roadsecond buildingtaxi drivermain buildingdemocracy monumentgrand palacethe riverswimming poolminute walkwalking distanceair connice poolquiet arearooms are cleanbuffet stylewat phoboutique hotel
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We booked Lamphu on Trip Advisor's recommendation, and were glad we did! It was a bit more than we were planning to spend (although our fault for travelling at peak season), but I would say it is well worth it for guaranteed peace of mind, especially as your first port of call in Thailand.

Great location, within a short walk to many attractions (and plenty of tuk tuks passing nearby), but being next to the canal it was very peaceful. Swimming pool was a lovely addition!

Rooms were nicely decorated, electronic safes were gratefully appreciated, air con brilliant. Wifi covered the rooms really well too, which was a bonus.

Breakfast was really nice; plenty of options. We especially liked the Thai food for breakfast and the fresh fruit.

Staff were very helpful, and we were grateful to be able to stick our evening beers on the room tab and enjoy the moment.

Would stay here again next time I visit Bangkok, and will recommend to friends and family!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I've stayed here a number of times now after a recommendation from a friend 4 years ago - not to be confused with a hotel with a similar name smack in the middle of Khao San road, the Lamphu Tree is easily my favourite hotel in the world. Although not every always works as it should and there is the occasional whiff from the canal (you get this everywhere in Bangkok - I even smelt it at the Moon Bar 61 stories up in the Banyan Tree hotel!), the staff and the peaceful atmosphere at this hotel make up for everything.

I would describe this as a mid price (for Thailand - cheap for the UK) boutique hotel with excellent, cheerful and helpful staff who always provide a warm welcome. Clean, homely and a lovely pool area to cool off after the mania of Bangkok! Food is delicious and staff are more than happy to accommodate 'western' style requests (recommended with the Tom Yum soup - amazing but blows your head off!). REALLY comfy big beds and great sized rooms. The only left to mention is.....BANANA PANCAKES!! Oh Lord I could eat these allllllll day! Homemade and perfect with a little drizzle of maple syrup - I forced 3 down on my last morning just so I could savour the taste during our long flight home!

One word of advice - print off the map as suggested when you book. Taxi drivers don't always know where it is. When you get there, pick up the Thai directions from reception and keep them in your pocket to show Taxi/Tuk Tuk drivers.

Hope you all enjoy as much as I always have...I miss the place already :-(

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main building if you can - closer to restaurant and pool
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Bangkok I am sure has bigger and better places, but if you are looking for a value place, with a great ambience, quiet, on the banks of a canal within walking distance or a short tuk tuk to all the big temples etc, then this is your place. the rooms are not large, but comfortable and lovely with small balconies. The neighborhood is very safe, and the moon over bangkok is a notable experience. The price includes a really good full breakfast, and the staff takes really good care of you. Everybody was attentive and helpful, the coffee was exquisite (which is really appreciated when you stumble down at 600am because you are still on another time zone). we even ended up kind of bumbling into taking a tour to the bridge over the river Kwai and the tiger temple which was done well with great value through this hotel. Those in the know will check out the tiger temple before they go, but it was a really amazing experience. you don't really need more then this in bangkok ! My kudos to all the staff.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Well located for exploring the old town, temples and riverside areas. Also the koh San road can be reached on foot for evening beers. However it is far enough away from koh San to be a peaceful place to return too after a days sight seeing. My main problem with this hotel was that our "deluxe" room was very small and the bathroom was in need of a make over. The shower only ever reached luke warm temperature and the bathroom flooded when you had
a shower. It was not what I would call "deluxe" however the staff here were nice and we ate food in the restaurant one night which was good value.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Lamphu tree house could not have been more perfect. Arriving midday after a long flight from London, and a very long taxi ride from the Bangkok airport, we were greeted with local tea and smiles. The reception team was warm and welcoming, and mentioned that they had upgraded us to a penthouse suite for the first night. What a treat! An amazing bathroom with jet jacuzzi, a wrap around balcony. It was really special. Unfortunately, we had to move to our original room the next night, but it was still very nice. The regular rooms in the main building are simple, but clean and comfortable. We still had a fridge and TV, as well as a safe.

But the best part about this place was the location and the common space. It is located on a canal and therefore feels peaceful even though you are very close to all the action. It's an easy walk to the famous backpacker street, as well as many good restaurants and bars. We ended up walking home from the royal palace one evening and although it took us about 45 minutes, it was a nice walk along the river and we always felt safe. In addition, the common space at the hotel was ideal. Nice couches and chairs for lounging. A pool that looked very inviting. And a dining room with an outdoor courtyard - perfect for breakfast which was included in our room rate.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple