“Nice place 2stay”
Review of Lamphu Tree House

Lamphu Tree House
Ranked #146 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Its a pretty nice place to stay for a few nights. The hotel is located on a quite place next to a small river. Probably thats why the moskitos love that place too :). Verry nice stuff..!! Nice western breakfast, clean room, hot shower... Good value for the money.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Staff does a great job. Probably the best part of the hotel. I would recommend this place for travellers looking for a nice Thai alternative from the higher priced western style hotels. You can't drive to the hotel. You have to walk 50m so go somewhere else if you have a lot of bags.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed twice during our holiday. The first time we stayed at the 2nd building. Beautiful room and beautiful bathroom. We did not sleep during our 6 day period because of a yapping dog in the neighbourhood. Not the hotels fault. When we came back from travelling we stayed in the main building. I prefered it, although the bathroom is mini mini small. No dogs, and despite the traffic, we slept. One critisism is the bed, all rooms have twin beds, there are no doubles.
Top marks for the staff. Thank you for keeping one suitcase whilst we travelled.And the garden, where we chose to have our breakfast is wonderful. I loved the pool.
One breakfast morning was disturbed by a package tour operator and all his guests in the garden and him talking for at least 30 min very loudly. This did only happen one time. This hotel is too small to accomodate these group meetings.
I would stay at the Lamphu Tree House again, because of the staff and the gardens and the pool. The breakfast was good too and the waiters are always at hand to fill up some coffee. Thank you.

Room Tip: The higher, the better. 2nd. building is newer, nice big bathroom, but we found it very noisy becaus...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have mixed feelings with this hotel.

I booked a deluxe room there for 1850 baht a night and for that price and from what I read here, I expected something quite nice.

Let me start with the good first. :) The area is pretty nice, by the river, relatively quiet and not far from Khao San Road. The lobby with the patio and swimming pool are also nice, cosy and inviting. The atmosphere is pretty good. And the staff is welcoming and friendly.

My room in itself was okay. A good bed in a nice and cosy room. The bathroom however was pretty old, run down and did not feel clean. Not the sort of bathroom you would connect to the word 'deluxe'. I was a bit disappointed by that, as I was really looking forward to a good shower after a long journey. I added a photo of this.

Another complaint I have is about the noise. I asked for a quiet room, and got a room at the poolside, bc this is the most quiet, they said. I know 'quiet' is quite a relative concept in the whole of Thailand, and especially in Bangkok. But for me it was impossible to go to sleep before midnight, bc of the traffic from close and busy roads, and the talking by the pool.

I would not say: stay away, bc this hotel has some really good things, but I do think that for the price they ask, there are better options…. Especially if you value a nice and clean bathroom.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Arriving at Lamphu after a long taxi and longer flight we were very pleased at the friendly staff and were over the moon at our room. We had paid a little extra for a suite in the second building and it was definitely worth it! The room itself was large and very clean with a great bathroom and best of all had a jacuzzi bath! Throughout our stay the room was well cleaned and the staff were always very helpful and friendly. Location-wise, we much preferred the area of Bangkok it is in to the Silom area. It was very easy to get to everywhere from the hotel and we felt very safe. The breakfast was great too, especially the banana pancakes.

Room Tip: It's definitely worth paying a bit extra for a suite.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights at the start of our Thailand tour. I had booked a room in the main hotel but upon checking in we were escorted to the annex building about 200m away. I was going to say something but we unbeknown had been upgraded to a top floor corner suite. The room was absolutely amazing and afforded fantastic views over Bangkok. The room itself was top notch and we did not mind the short walk to the main hotel for breakfast. On the walk there is a very small corner store where we would buy our water for the day. The storekeeper is very friendly and always remembered us and would even wave to us if we were just walking buy. Support the local small businesses and stop by (to buy).
Breakfast was ok with a small buffet selection but we did not otherwise eat or drink at the hotel preferring to head out.
There is a small bar nearby called The Rolling Bar. It does not look much but we ate twice there and the food was good, the beer cold, the service was very friendly and you get to sit by a canal! One word of warning if you are sitting by this canal is there are some small insects that will bite your lower legs if you do not have some deet or similar on. I had deet on, my wife not and she had some bites and I did not.
The location of the hotel is not far from the democracy monument and on the day we left for the airport there was a small riot going on at the democracy monument site but other than a bit of traffic chaos we were not impacted too much.
The location is also relatively quiet but as mentioned in other reviews it is withing walking distance of some major attractions.
We liked the hotel so we have booked it again for the end of our holiday this Thursday coming up for 2 nights.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Upon arrival and through to the end, all staff were VERY friendly and so helpful.Our free breakfast was a feature & In a nice setting. I tried their fried rice (don't normally eat in morning but i had to go back for more) It was the best tasting FR I've ever had. Rooms of 2nd building were 30 meters walk from Reception/Pool/breakfast but wasn't a problem. I was told that the rooms of the 2nd building are better. We were only a couple of blocks away from the famous Koh San Rd.( Must visit K.S.Rd day /evening & after 10pm because its such a different feel each time.) One minor thing missing from the room was an advisory list of places close by. eg 7/11 close restaurants etc. The reception has these great little maps that you can show Tuk Tuk or Taxi drivers (important).Rooms - electronic card locks. Please note - This place does not have a road out the front but the bridge is almost along side. We had family(10 people) over for a wedding and had 5/6 rooms. Hidden wonder - riverside -Would recommend to my friends & U

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family