“Really nice place to stay”
Review of Lamphu Tree House

Lamphu Tree House
Ranked #140 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We appreciated the location in a quiet street next to Lamphu Klong, and close to Khao San Road (10min walk).

The place is very pretty and the terrasse is amazing for having breakfast, just in front of the swimming pool. The wooden rooms are beautiful and clean. The breakfast is excellent.
It was so nice chilling out on the terrasse in the evening after an exhausting day in the city !

The staff is really friendly and helpful.

I would definitely recommend this place

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,858)

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Great value for the hotel. Comfortable bed in a cozy (small) room. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Pool was a nice refreshing spot after a hot day in the city. Good location - walking distance to Koh San road. Restaurant was good, but a bit more expensive than other spots in the city. Breakfast included was delicious.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Its a pretty nice place to stay for a few nights. The hotel is located on a quite place next to a small river. Probably thats why the moskitos love that place too :). Verry nice stuff..!! Nice western breakfast, clean room, hot shower... Good value for the money.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Staff does a great job. Probably the best part of the hotel. I would recommend this place for travellers looking for a nice Thai alternative from the higher priced western style hotels. You can't drive to the hotel. You have to walk 50m so go somewhere else if you have a lot of bags.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed twice during our holiday. The first time we stayed at the 2nd building. Beautiful room and beautiful bathroom. We did not sleep during our 6 day period because of a yapping dog in the neighbourhood. Not the hotels fault. When we came back from travelling we stayed in the main building. I prefered it, although the bathroom is mini mini small. No dogs, and despite the traffic, we slept. One critisism is the bed, all rooms have twin beds, there are no doubles.
Top marks for the staff. Thank you for keeping one suitcase whilst we travelled.And the garden, where we chose to have our breakfast is wonderful. I loved the pool.
One breakfast morning was disturbed by a package tour operator and all his guests in the garden and him talking for at least 30 min very loudly. This did only happen one time. This hotel is too small to accomodate these group meetings.
I would stay at the Lamphu Tree House again, because of the staff and the gardens and the pool. The breakfast was good too and the waiters are always at hand to fill up some coffee. Thank you.

Room Tip: The higher, the better. 2nd. building is newer, nice big bathroom, but we found it very noisy becaus...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have mixed feelings with this hotel.

I booked a deluxe room there for 1850 baht a night and for that price and from what I read here, I expected something quite nice.

Let me start with the good first. :) The area is pretty nice, by the river, relatively quiet and not far from Khao San Road. The lobby with the patio and swimming pool are also nice, cosy and inviting. The atmosphere is pretty good. And the staff is welcoming and friendly.

My room in itself was okay. A good bed in a nice and cosy room. The bathroom however was pretty old, run down and did not feel clean. Not the sort of bathroom you would connect to the word 'deluxe'. I was a bit disappointed by that, as I was really looking forward to a good shower after a long journey. I added a photo of this.

Another complaint I have is about the noise. I asked for a quiet room, and got a room at the poolside, bc this is the most quiet, they said. I know 'quiet' is quite a relative concept in the whole of Thailand, and especially in Bangkok. But for me it was impossible to go to sleep before midnight, bc of the traffic from close and busy roads, and the talking by the pool.

I would not say: stay away, bc this hotel has some really good things, but I do think that for the price they ask, there are better options…. Especially if you value a nice and clean bathroom.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Arriving at Lamphu after a long taxi and longer flight we were very pleased at the friendly staff and were over the moon at our room. We had paid a little extra for a suite in the second building and it was definitely worth it! The room itself was large and very clean with a great bathroom and best of all had a jacuzzi bath! Throughout our stay the room was well cleaned and the staff were always very helpful and friendly. Location-wise, we much preferred the area of Bangkok it is in to the Silom area. It was very easy to get to everywhere from the hotel and we felt very safe. The breakfast was great too, especially the banana pancakes.

Room Tip: It's definitely worth paying a bit extra for a suite.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple