“ENJOYED LOTS!”

Face Bangkok
Ranked #279 of 11,742 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Sushi, Indian, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: One of Bangkok's most stunning restaurant complexes, set in old teak Thai buildings linked together with candle lit wooden decks and interiors decorated with antiques from all over south east Asia.This complex comprises of Thai and Indian restaurants' and a Japanese sushi bar, including a lounge bar and boutique spa.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We've been here few times and again, its really BEAUTIFUL! Last Thursday, Me and my husband and friends went to have dinner at the Face. Our friends are from France and we thought of taking them to an authentic Thai restaurant. I admit that the experience was wonderful.

The place is beautifully decorated with Thai decorations and truly a place that once you go in, you'll just say.. "wow".. in short, its decorated and with a very homey atmosphere.

We all ordered Thai cuisine. We asked them not too spicy for all of us to enjoy. The waitress was really good, me and my husband look familiar to them (as we always come back here) so she knew immediately that we crave for something delightful and yes, they came with wonderful plates filled with yummy dishes!

It's a place that I highly recommend to friends. The place is clean and for sure youll gonna love the restaurant. The Face is a place where we always enjoy a great dinner with great and professional service !! It's beautiful!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Face is a historic compound, dismantled in the countryside and moved to the heart of the city to create an upscale rural experience fusing Asia’s three most distinct food cuisines to a delightful effect. One building - three restaurants – Japanese, Indian and Thai, gives guests a substantial choice of cuisine.
Sit by the imbedded koi pond at the entrance and order a cocktail to kick things off.
The communal nature of the culture is comfortably supported in the layout and food portions. Order a variety and share. We had a bit of everything on our table and it was all impeccably prepared, served and delicious.
The Face brand also operates in China, Indonesia and London, with venues building on a reputation of style, service and cuisine.

2  Thank jay r
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a beautiful restaurant with great food. It is serene and transports you back in time to the Bangkok of old. It has multiple menus of Thai, Indian, and Japanese that makes there something for everyone. The service was outstanding but there are several nit-Noi things that could make things even better. Although they said wi-fi was available, the password wouldn't work and then their signal was locked out entirely. It is hard to remain serene when communication is critical. Secondly, there is inadequate hand railing and lighting for the elderly or physically limited to hold on to when entering and departing the building. We might have had more wine with diner if departing safely hadn't been an issue! Other than that, it was an absolutely enchanting place that I will return to again and again (with my flashlight.)

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We went here in April 2014 on our only night in Bangkok. I had been to the restaurant 10 years earlier und had lovely memories of it. We were not dissapointed. The staff is very attentive, the location is stunning and very unique and the food is great! We ate in the Thai restaurant and I can suggest having the Massaman Curry!
Lovely date night but also just a beautiful place to take friends and family!

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited Face restaurant last night after reading about it in a lonely planet guide book. We looked it up on the internet, made a booking very easily by phone and got a taxi there.

We were warmly greeted and was introduced to who I expect was the owner who was extremely warm and friendly. After a couple of minutes politely chatting we went to the bar and had some cocktails before going to the upstairs restaurant to be seated. We ate from the Thai menu which was simply brilliant. Squid salad, red curry, garlic prawns left us full and completely satisfied. Service was impeccable which while expected, is not always guaranteed in many places but we had no complaints at all.

At this point we were offered a drink on the house to celebrate our recent wedding. A wonderfully unnecessary and unexpected offer which we gratefully accepted. After the drink we settled the bill with a minimum of fuss, requested a taxi and left the restaurant. On our way out, I waved at the owner who was on the phone who promptly finished his call just so he could thank us for our custom and wish us well. Such a wonderfully personable service was such a highlight that we felt compelled to write this review and we would not hesitate to recommend Face to friends and family on their travels or visit again.

1  Thank Andrew L