“good location in a quiet neighborhood”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Sri-Ayuttaya Guest House
Ranked #163 of 670 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“good location in a quiet neighborhood”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I have stayed here a few times over the last several years and it has always been a pleasure. Close to the river ferries. Not to far to the Khao San Road area. Classic wooden building with some rooms having a bathroom and others with a shared bathroom. Nice staff. Free wi-fi.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank updog247

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

forget about Kao San rd, you don't want to sleep near the occidental depravation. the Thewet neighborhood is way much calm and cosy, and at 5min from the party in tuk-tuk. Sri is a beautiful place near the flower market and the Thewer pier that will drive you on the Chao Praya river. a bit expensive, but hey! it's Bangkok!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank jeansebroux
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 8 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here after reading reviews on Trip Advisor, so I owe a review in return. For this review I will simply list the pros and cons:

Pros (positives): 1. Great location by lots of food stalls, outdoor market area, and within walking distance or short drive to the Chao Phraya River.
2. Super clean.
3. Best beds for comfort we've ever found in Thailand. Thick comfy mattress and good quality bedding. (No top sheet though, which is typical for Thailand).
4. Rooms are of good quality. We ended up in one of their best rooms after they didn't have the one we registered for, but they gave us the 1000 THB room for lesser room rate. We were registered for room type: Standard room (DBL) w/ A-C en suite bathroom (hot,cold shower), Rate: 650 Thai baht/night/room. So, I don't know how much different this nicer room was. Both have private bathrooms. The Deluxe room we were given has the toilet and shower all in one so the bathroom floor stays wet, but this is not unusual for Thai guest houses. There was a good quality rug to step on so the dampness did not track into the bedroom. We are returning for another night later this month, so we may just leave it up to chance to see what we end up with upon return. If it is dramatically different, I will add another Trip Advisor entry.
5. Restaurant and internet on site. They do have a computer hooked up downstairs you can pay to use. We had our laptop and they simply give a code so you can use the internet without charge. We noticed an internet shop across the street if you need it.
6. The final pro: Beautiful shrubs and trees creating a feeling of an oasis in the midst of busy Bangkok. Little birds visit. It feels quite inviting to humans too.

The Cons (negatives):
1. Street noise can be heard due to single pane windows. Our deluxe room faced the street side above a massage business. So you hear the motor bikes and other zooming vehicles taking off or starting their engines. No issues with noise from below, other than some musicians (drummers mostly) that were keeping a good tribal beat. They played for several hours, but I actually didn't mind it as they were pretty good, and friendly.
2. Thin walls and poor insulation so you hear the rolling suit cases above you if you have a second story room. Echos from the rooms next door can travel if someone is talking or coughing loud. But, even with this the place is so charming I can let this go. We'll stay again.
3. The bathroom is a little funky, besides the toilet and shower being in close proximity, the wall only goes about 8/10th the way up (between the bedroom and attached bathroom) so it doesn't give 100% privacy when you are using the bathroom. It wasn't a problem for us, but it could be an issue for others who may be a bit self-conscious.
4. Limited English proficiency of most of the staff. I think this is why some of the other viewers have mentioned that the owner doesn't seem very friendly. I guess I'd say if you are just a passer by and only going to stay a short time don't expect an expressive welcome by Western standards. Though, if you extend warmth you certainly are more likely to get this back in return, which is true of life I think.

Room Tip: 1. We took the Sky Train from the airport to the very end of the line. From there, we caught a Tuk T...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank ElephantDreamer
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I've stayed at this guesthouse heaps of times over the last few years... the rooms are wooden and simple, and I like the area and peaceful village family feeling. But this week we stayed there for 4 nights, the people running it are no longer the same. They are grumpy and rude and accidentally gave all my laundry "away to charity" !!?!! I wouldn't trust leaving my stuff in the room, and the management don't have any respect for the people staying there.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nagabing
aarhus
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Really nice little guesthouse, with the same owners as tavee guesthouse in the same street. We stayed here, because Tavee was booked (stayed there 7 times) and this guesthouse had the same good rooms, sweet staff, and exellent location, near Cousan road, but away from the noise.

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Louise7777
Hadera, Israel
Reviewed 7 August 2010

This guest house is located near the river, close to the river taxi boats.
The rooms are clean, but staff did not clean the room, replace bedding, or add toilet paper, shampoo, etc, during our stay.
The guesthouse has a nice restaurant where we had breakfast (not included in price), which was ok.
Beside the river taxi stop, we had to take a tuk-tuk or a taxi to any location in the city, which was cheap and ok.
Main weakness of the room: there was no full wall between bathroom and bedroom, which is very unconvenient.
In addition, in part of the time bad smell got into the room from the kitchen.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank rafaely
Cambridge, UK
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I rocked up here with no reservation at around 8 a.m. and was found a room I could get into straight away. It was well priced, clean and had a shower and loo.

There's a great open area downstairs where you can chat to other travellers, order great and affordable food (which is all added to your bill) and use free wifi if you've got a laptop or netbook.

There's a 7/11 over the road, a little walk through the market and over the bridge and you're at the taxi boats, there's a fabulous temple at the bottom of the street and Koa San Road and adjacent area's of interest are within about a 20 minute walk.

I would highly recommend this place. My only issue was getting bitten to death by mosquito's as the balcony door wasn't a tight fit and the noise from the outside street in the morning was so loud I had to use earplugs to make sure I got some sleep. Other than that, brilliant find!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo