“Exact choice,,”
Review of Amarin Inn

Amarin Inn
Ranked #334 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful. The location of this hotel is not in main road and not near pub/bar, so it's exact choice for resting place. the room is small but clean. overall good and nice. value for money.

Room Tip: to go to grand palace from here, you just walk about 3 minutes to the main road n take the bus no 53...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 February 2012

We booked one night beforehand to be sure we had somewhere to stay our first night in Bangkok. Unfortunately they were full after that, so we had to change.
It is slightly hard to find, as some mentioned here, 50 metres through a narrow alleyway beside a veggie-shop. The good thing about that is that you come a bit away from the traffic and noise, still being about 5 mins walk from Khao San Road.
Room was clean, nice and quiet. There was no noise during night, and I woke up to birds tweeting in the backyard, making it sound like the place was surrounded by a garden, not a large city. Yes, the bedsheets were slightly worn, but what do you expect at this price level? They were clean. Wifi access, tv on the room, and bathroom.

The only negative thing was a slightly hard mattress (if you don't prefer that anyway), and low water pressure in the shower (but I got clean, my long hair too).

Reception guy was nice, and the owner too, who we met just leaving the place. They both spoke English well, and were very nice and helpful. They don't need to "buy" good reviews! (this is written at home on my one computer, for the record).

Lots of nice breakfast places nearby, short walks to Khao San, river boat stop and a nice park. We'll definitely consider staying here next time.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2012

This is very small hotel with biggest minus point its not on the main road, you need to pass through small pathway of about 50 meters. But could be very suitable for Muslims as a mosque just behind it, and 5 times one can hear the Adhaan and salaths clearly. hotel does not had restaurant as its small one, the old lady manager is quit OK with English as well as local guidance. the hotel has been taken over by a Malaysian guy who has Thai wife. After that as per him he did some improvements, though not visible. Only 6 channels are provided using old bulky hanging TV. rooms are very small. The internet on first floor is very good.

Room Tip: If you want internet access, than choose rooms on first floor, as upper floors does not have good si...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Reviews are easily skewed at this one. The owner allows people to use the internet at the desk in exchange for a good review. They’ve a sign that says so. Of course anyone using the internet with the clerk/owner right there isn’t going to write anything negative. Albeit, the desk people are pretty kind.

Many other hotels were full so I was veered to this place based on the reviews. You have to walk down a long alley with THE worst smell. Eww! You’ll come close to passing out from either holding your breath or from inhaling.

The bed takes almost the entire room. The room could’ve been cleaner.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank LittleBearsBed
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I arrived at the Inn at 1am after a 10 hour flight pretty tired. I found my way up the dark alley, and met the receptionist, the tv was on in reception. The 'lobby' area was a bad first impression.

After check in and paying 2 nights, the guy took a key, and led me 2 feet to my room, opened the door, turned on light, then very quickly closed the door and reached across to grab a second key. I didn't see why he closed the door!

Now we walked about 6 feet, to my new room. I was tired, so turned on the air con and sat on the bed to email and let people know I'd arrived safely. I began to look around the room. I'll stay anywhere, so long as it's clean. This place was filthy. The sheets and towels were partly stained black, the floor was dirty, curtains - you get the picture!

I could hear the tv in reception clearly, if I understood Thai maybe I'd have found it funny, but the laughing from reception was loud! There seemed to be a motorbike parking area outside, several times during my short stay bikes arrived, left, people arrived chatting and left.

In fairness, the wifi works great. I used it to book another hotel and left after 30 minutes. The look on the receptionists face was worth walking away from 2 nights payment for, I didn't see the point in arguing for it, I'd only have lost.

After a 12 hour + journey, the dark, unfamilar streets of Bangkok were more inviting than this place.

If your in town to play on Kho San Road and don't care where you sleep, it's perfect location wise. If you like to have somewhere you can relax if you choose don't go here.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Yourerightthereted
Reviewed 21 September 2011

the hotel is really nice and the man on the desk is very helpful. we had stay last September 17-18, 2011, after we arrived from the airport. it is also clean and very convenient place, just near the khao san road. it is also safe and we slept soundly, so quiet. once we're back, we will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jerai
Reviewed 7 September 2011

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel 3 times. We have always found them to be helpful and friendly and most importantly, that us and our things are safe! The air con works a treat and the tv has 5 or more English channels. The wifi works extremely well and it's not noisy at all. The calls to prayer don't really bother us. It wakes us in the night but it doesn't last long and we just fall back to sleep. The longer you stat the more discount you can negotiate. We also wanted a late check out due to a late night flight and this was no problem.

• Stayed: September 2011