Amarin Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$25
Agoda.com
All reviewskhao san roadair consmall alleynearby mosquebudget guesthouseprivate bathroomback alleyhot watersmaller roomperfect locationrooms are basicrooftop terracequiet at nightfamily roomthe main roadfree breakfasta great stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 February 2013

It was easy to book online via Hostelbookers. Too bad Amarin did not keep my reservation.
When I arrived at the Amarin Guesthouse after a long flight, they said they had my reservation that I had made via Hostelbookers 2 weeks ago, but they did not have any room left. They were full. So I said I had paid a deposit and my reservation was confirmed. I showed them the printout of my reservation. They said "Sorry, but we are full". So they had my reservation, but they did not reserve a room for me!!! Unbelieveable!! This is how they do business!!! Do not trust this place even if you have a confirmed reservation. I ended up walking around for an hour in the heat to find another room. They didn't even seem that sorry about it, as if it happens all the time. They said it was not their fault!!! Unbelievable!!! DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank DavidNeame
Reviewed 5 February 2013

It is a convenient short walk away from Khao San Rd and far enough from hearing the bass of the nightclub until 5am. It is a boat The beds were a little hard, but were satisfied for it's purpose of resting for the next days adventure. the air-cons were loud, but worked great. You only really needed it on for 30 minutes before bed and then were comfortable for the rest of the night. The shower was not separate from the toilet, which was a little annoying since everything got wet. The staff, although speak broken English, always could find fresh towels for us. Overall, the price is cheap, staff was helpful, and private room felt safe and did its purpose.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2013

This hotel has the basics that budget shoppers seek. It is in a quiet location. It has clean, comfortable rooms with quiet air conditioning. Wi-fi in rooms. Small but adequate bathrooms with hot showers. TV with some English channels. Close to shopping, restaurants and river ferry.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank thomcoo8
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We stayed at the Amarin for 4 nights. The location was fantastic if you want to be near Khao San road, but it was also easy to catch a ferry to see the other main sights.

The reception staff were not very friendly, however the room was comfortable and there was plenty of space to move about.

The hotel is located down an alley way but it feels very safe and it's relatively quiet.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shep03
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Firstly, as others before me have mentioned this is not easy to find especially in the dark. It's down a very small alley and was not on the street that we had been pointed to by our online booking agent. Slightly annoying.

We arrived late at night after a hellish 12 hours on a bus from siem reap and were given a room on the top floor, this usually wouldn't bother me but carrying two 25kg cases up 4 flights at 1130 in the evening with no help does not bode well I'm hungry and tired.

Our room was small, old, dirty and stunk like s@#t. Oh and there was an interconnecting door to the next room, which on appearance was made from wood but carried sound as if made by paper. Not the best when you have 3 drunken 18 year old Aussie lads living the dream just meters from your bed. So I hastily checked out without much of a fuss from the guy at reception and would warn others visiting Bangkok to choose this place only if you are:

A) an 18 year old lad living the dream (nothing against you...I'm just not 18 anymore..you'll understand one day you little nipper)
B) not fussed by a smelly room
C) on the tightest of budgets - in which case I would recommend a small cardboard box and some old newspaper for extra warmth

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple